PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Brian Waters Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, as much as it would pain me to not want to get at least 'something' for any player who won't be here, I don't even think it's worth a late rd 7th pick in this instance.

Let him play here or sit home.

We're not going to get anything for a player who isn't going to play more than one year, so that takes all of the speculation out of what we could get in trade compensation. It would be a 6th round pick at best in my opinion. No one wants to part with much of anything for a one year rental, and if they do they are idiots.

That idiot Belichick did such renting a NT for a SuperBowl win.

only need him for a season.

Cannot see how the Patriots manage to keep Tommy upright with just Cannon as a backup this season.
The NY Jets are saying the same about Sanchez but with their STARTING right tackle.

The Patriots are stuck with Cannon at tackle for this year. Next
year they will probably draft a tackle and shift Cannon to guard.

So if Solder and Vollmer are healthy and playing well you want Cannon on the bench and someone like Wendell playing C, while Connolly gets RG? Not me. Cannon is a good guard which is what he was drafted for. T is just too much to ask, no shame in that.

River behind my house is still pretty low..will keep updating!

So, you would have us enter the season with ZERO backup OT's, including one who is injury prone. I'm not buying.

QUOTE=bagwell368;3130471]So if Solder and Vollmer are healthy and playing well you want Cannon on the bench and someone like Wendell playing C, while Connolly gets RG? Not me. Cannon is a good guard which is what he was drafted for. T is just too much to ask, no shame in that.[/QUOTE]

So, you would have us enter the season with ZERO backup OT's, including one who is injury prone. I'm not buying.

QUOTE=bagwell368;3130471]So if Solder and Vollmer are healthy and playing well you want Cannon on the bench and someone like Wendell playing C, while Connolly gets RG? Not me. Cannon is a good guard which is what he was drafted for. T is just too much to ask, no shame in that.
[/QUOTE]

Cannon may have had a poor pre season but he served us well last year. I honestly still think he is a serviceable RT even tho i would like him at RG. Give the OL some time to Gel before lighting the torches.

Solder, Mankins, Connolly, Cannon, Vollmer is what I have

As for Waters - no Texans, that's our most dangerous rival in the AFC. Not worth getting a 4th round pick or whatever. Sit on him, and worst comes to worse deal him to the NFC too late for them to flip Waters to the Texans.

That's what I'd like to see as well. Connolly I feel is our C of the future, and I'd like to see how Canon performs at RG, could be a long term solution there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back