PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bounce Back Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePats

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
2003--Lose 28-0 to the Bills in Week 1, beat the Eagles (NFC title game) in week 2 on road decisively.

2004--Lose in Miami in week 15, bye in jeopardy, beat Jets (missed FG from AFC title game) on road handily.

2005--Lose in Carolina week 2, go to Pittsburgh (eventual champions) and win 23-20.

This team has found ways to win tough road games off bad losses before.

Food for thought.

2003 31-0 loss to Buffalo

I hope you are right. I just think this scenario is slightly different. The last three years were due to slow starts that could be fixed or adjusted for the next game. Buffalo and Miami were fluke loses IMO. Carolina was a tuff game we just came up short on.

This year is different IMO because Denver exposed some of our long term problems (i.e. pass receiving, secondary coverage, tackling) and Cinci has the blow out potential the other teams in bounce back weeks did not have. My heart is with our Pats. But if I were betting, and I'm not, my money would be with Cinci.

Last edited:
I appreciate the optimism, but I can't help but remember that people were saying stuff like this at this time last week after Brady had played badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes