PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Boston Patriots' Next Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, ok. If you want to take the old-timer comment seriously, be my guest.

The old logos are way too goofy for my tastes. They look like cartoons, not logos. Then again, the pats already had the flying elvis by the time I was old enough to remember anything about it.

That old Chiefs logo, however, does resemble the Streaker at SB38 who got blasted by one of the linemen.

Well, let's look at the 'old' logos.

Dolphins... virtually unchanged in concept (except for the godawful simplification done to it in the late 90's) since 1966.

Bills...same since 1973/4.

Cowboys, same since 1964.

Chiefs, same since 1963.

The point is...those older era logos weren't all bad. What you're looking at are the SECONDARY logos a lot of teams back then (and now less frequently) used on stationary and the like.

Everybody has their own tastes and that's fine.

Understand, however, that some people see the current logo as a cookie-cutter, corporate copycat of at least 7 or 8 other triangular-profile NFL logos - - all pointing to the right (Carolina, Seattle, Denver, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, etc.).

Good for the Philly Eagle for breaking the mold and daring to stand out from the herd of sheep by beaming in the opposite direction.

Pat wasn't afraid to look ya in the eye, snarl and represent! ;)
They do look suspiciously similar. There must be a psychological explanation for that. Oh well. I like the flying elvis. Just seeing it makes me want to kick some ass.

I never even saw the Pats play in the red unis until Thanksgiving 2002, when we wore throwbacks against the Lions, but I prefer the old school over the modern ones. There's just something classy about Pat Patriot. Don't get me wrong, I still think our current jerseys are the best in the league, but I think the reds are the best unis in all of sports.

I also prefer the 1990s jerseys and shade of blue over the current, probably for nostalgic reasons:

bledsoeretires.jpg

We should be grateful that this team has always been the best dressed. Imagine being a Falcons fan or something.

I never even saw the Pats play in the red unis until Thanksgiving 2002, when we wore throwbacks against the Lions, but I prefer the old school over the modern ones. There's just something classy about Pat Patriot. Don't get me wrong, I still think our current jerseys are the best in the league, but I think the reds are the best unis in all of sports.

I also prefer the 1990s jerseys and shade of blue over the current, probably for nostalgic reasons:

bledsoeretires.jpg

We should be grateful that this team has always been the best dressed. Imagine being a Falcons fan or something.

*slow claps

Those 1993 ones were kinda lackluster, though. 1994 was pretty sharp.

1995-1999...I don't think I've ever seen a jersey with those wraparound shoulder logos before. I thought that was pretty cool.

Also liked that variation in color striping (light/dark) you see there on Drew.

*slow claps

1995-1999...I don't think I've ever seen a jersey with those wraparound shoulder logos before. I thought that was pretty cool.

I love everything about the uniform that Bledsoe is wearing. The shade of blue, the vague stripes on the front, the fading red on the numbers, the huge, intimidating Elvis's on the sleeves, the silver pants with the red and blue stripe, and of course Bledsoe's absolutely perfect handwarmer pouch. From the picture it looks like he's getting ready to throw it in just another miserably wet day at Foxboro Stadium, with Max Lane whiffing on his block no doubt. The good old days.

I love everything about the uniform that Bledsoe is wearing. The shade of blue, the vague stripes on the front, the fading red on the numbers, the huge, intimidating Elvis's on the sleeves, the silver pants with the red and blue stripe, and of course Bledsoe's absolutely perfect handwarmer pouch. From the picture it looks like he's getting ready to throw it in just another miserably wet day at Foxboro Stadium, with Max Lane whiffing on his block no doubt. The good old days.

Lane was alright for awhile but man, I don't think he was ever the same after getting abused by Reggie White.

As a matter of fact, I think going into the 97 he was moved inside to left guard, never to play right tackle again!

*slow claps

You never seen them? That is the jersey Drew is wearing in the picture you quoted...'94 was the same as '95-'99 with the numbers and "flying Elvis" switched.

Last edited:
You never seen them? That is the jersey Drew is wearing in the picture you quoted...'94 was the same as '95-'99 with the numbers and "flying Elvis" switched.

Yeah, I know:) I just meant I'd never seen a design like that ever before or since on a jersey.

Yeah, 1993 had red numbers with a white outline in a 'block' style with the logos on the sleeves and a grey facemask.

1994 switched the color of the numbers in the same block style, same logo positioning and the facemask was now red.

1995-1999 was the one I remember best and most of my jerseys that I have left are in that style.

<---- Geek.

Go Boston Patriots !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back