PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Boston Celtics/NBA Playoffs thread

well still top 3 ... come on baby

F'n 3 ... could have been worse I guess.

Ahhhhh ****. #3

Disappointing considering how close we were to top 2 but it could be worse. Consider that we robbed the Nets of this pick and are a playoff team. It's not like we are a **** team that had everything riding on this moment.

Idk how much value #3 really has in a trade. The gap in value between Ingram/Simmons and the rest is fairly wide.

ill take it. 1 or 2 would have been nice but 3 isnt bad. that pick still has value to other teams so im told.

Danny Ainge really hustled the crap out of the Brooklyn Nets. We have the option to swap 1st rounders next year and then we also have their first rounder the year after. So the Celtics should keep improving AND potentially be in the lottery.

What's the board's opinion on Chris Dunn? I heard so much about PC before this past season began so I watched maybe 2/3's of PC's games…..and I thought Dunn regressed as the season moved forward. No doubt PC lacked talent beyond the Big 2 but Dunn wilted under pressure and his shot all but abandoned him. It is a huge surprise to see Dunn so highly rated in this draft which makes me wonder about the quality of the top end. No doubt Dunn has an NBA body and maybe "experts" believe NBA coaching can get more out of Dunn than Cooley, who I don't think too much of. Mocks have Dunn as high as #4 which seems ridiculously high for a kid who shot more air balls this season than any NBA bound "stud" I have ever seen

What's the board's opinion on Chris Dunn? I heard so much about PC before this past season began so I watched maybe 2/3's of PC's games…..and I thought Dunn regressed as the season moved forward. No doubt PC lacked talent beyond the Big 2 but Dunn wilted under pressure and his shot all but abandoned him. It is a huge surprise to see Dunn so highly rated in this draft which makes me wonder about the quality of the top end. No doubt Dunn has an NBA body and maybe "experts" believe NBA coaching can get more out of Dunn than Cooley, who I don't think too much of. Mocks have Dunn as high as #4 which seems ridiculously high for a kid who shot more air balls this season than any NBA bound "stud" I have ever seen
My opinion is that Dunn is a lock down defender whose offense is above- average. I would compare him to Marcus Smart this way: I think he'll be at least as good defensively as Smart and I think he could be a lot better offensively. Also, a smart, high character guy. I like him very much, but I think the Cs are already guard-heavy.

My opinion is that Dunn is a lock down defender whose offense is above- average. I would compare him to Marcus Smart this way: I think he'll be at least as good defensively as Smart and I think he could be a lot better offensively. Also, a smart, high character guy. I like him very much, but I think the Cs are already guard-heavy.
People forget Dunn is a 4 year college player that showed little improvement statistically from last year to this year. He's also a 69% free throw shooter showing no improvement. If the comparison is to Smart, no way he should be drafted in the top 15…..but he will be. And saying he will be as good as one of the best defenders in the league seems a stretch….for now. I question his upside given his age, plateaued stats, and the regression he experienced as the games got tougher later in the season. JMO. I saw a great physical specimen asked to carry a weak team…with mixed results. Maybe a better supporting cast is all he needs to shine

Dunn wouldn't be someone for the Cs. I liked Tim Walsh's suggestion that the Cs trade the pick to the Sixers for Okafor. The Sixers supposedly love Dunn, need a guard badly, and that would give them Simmons and Dunn coming out of the draft. Embid is supposed to be back this season, so they're kind of buried in big men.

Like I said, I don't think this is Golden State's year to repeat. The Thunder only have Durant and Westbrook. Cleveland has LeBron, Irving, and Love and, arguably, the better bench to boot.
Possibly premature obituary. :)

I certainly hope so.
Cleveland is certainly rolling, but IMO, that's as much about how bad the east is as it is about how good Cleveland is. I just don't have a lot of faith in the Irving, Love, Lebron triumvirate when they play someone who's actually able to extert sufficient pressure.

The Bird era was my favorite Boston sports era…..Sorry Brady/BB. A hundred games a year watching poetry on the parquet. As a fan, the Celtics vs young Michael was a win win scenario. Jordan dazzled and the Celts won…. with Larry God aka Larry Legend hammering home the team concept…..and when Walton came on board and had his one great season….by far the C's greatest Bird era team and maybe the best team ever….too bad that team had to play Houston in the finals instead of an LA massacre. The 2004 Patriots with add on Corey Dillon had the same feel……..Elite with no challengers.
As great as Jordan was, the new one on one isolation game that Jordan excelled at bored me. Give me a no look pass to a wide open teammate over athleticism any day.
Thanks for the video.

The Bird era was my favorite Boston sports era…..Sorry Brady/BB. A hundred games a year watching poetry on the parquet. As a fan, the Celtics vs young Michael was a win win scenario. Jordan dazzled and the Celts won…. with Larry God aka Larry Legend hammering home the team concept…..and when Walton came on board and had his one great season….by far the C's greatest Bird era team and maybe the best team ever….too bad that team had to play Houston in the finals instead of an LA massacre. The 2004 Patriots with add on Corey Dillon had the same feel……..Elite with no challengers.
As great as Jordan was, the new one on one isolation game that Jordan excelled at bored me. Give me a no look pass to a wide open teammate over athleticism any day.
Thanks for the video.
i think people forget just how great lb was. ill take larry over anybody in the game today anybody. and i wont think twice about it.

I think the fact that Gary Tanguay and others of his ilk have jumped all over the Cavs bandwagon may be the kiss of death for them.

I think the fact that Gary Tanguay and others of his ilk have jumped all over the Cavs bandwagon may be the kiss of death for them.
i can't stand gary Tanguay. when he's on i turn the channel immediately. zero tolerance for him. if the celtics do draft a player with the 3rd pick. i hope they pick the best player available regardless of position.

i can't stand gary Tanguay. when he's on i turn the channel immediately. zero tolerance for him. if the celtics do draft a player with the 3rd pick. i hope they pick the best player available regardless of position.
Well, he's also sure than they won't pick so I guess they probably will.

Golden State is getting SMOKED right now by 25 points.

Cleveland Juggernaut appears to have run into rocky ground. You know what would be hilarious? A Toronto-OKC final. The NBA would suffer a stroke.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back