Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Blizzard of '10

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There's about 25 million people in the mid-Atlantic states that can give us anecdotal evidence that global warming is all a load of horse*&^%. I'll take that over a pair of mountain climbers any day.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

Moonbats want Global Warming, they pray for it, the reason, so they can blame White American Middle Class Conservatives for causing it and for doing nothing about it, they also love to talk about it at their Wine And Cheese Orgy's.
  3. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

It's the Democrats' fault. How else can you explain that all the big storms happen when a Democrat occupies the White House...?
    Blizzard of '78..Carter in the White House
    Blizzard of '96.. Clinton in the White House
    Blizzard of '10..Obama in the White House....
    Mother Nature must be a Republican and this is her response.........
    For those of you who are missing the humor or sarcasm gene, this is not intended to be serious.....
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Why do you think the mantra was changed to global "climate change"? An all encompassing generic boogie man. So you see the big storm is becuase of Republicans and cliiiiimate change ;)
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I was patient before. I went into Red Sox fandom knowing that it had been 51 years prior to my birth since their last World Series.

I was patient before. I had a pretty good idea of just how inept the Sullivans were and how this might translate into a delay before the Pats would win their first SB.

I can be patient again. No matter how bleak it looks today I'm sure that someday in the future the average Republican will learn the difference between weather and climate.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +584 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I never bought into the global warming crap ... the history of man is full of examples of warming and cooling periods. However - I think we are best served by going green and doing it to it's fullest extent.

We need energy independence, we need clean air and some new fresh manufacturing won't hurt either. We have nothing to lose by replacing coal plants and gasoline burning vehicles. If we had really done this in the 70's it would be the norm today rather than the exception.

I think the cap and trade was such a horrible idea ... it's what killed something that had good intentions ... living in harmony with our environment. I don't see how we possibly mandate this for the rest of the world ... especially the 3rd world countries. But we can at least make this a United States and/or a North America endeavor.
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As I've said before, liberals define "weather" as being conditions that oppose MMGW and they define "climate" as being conditions that support MMGW.

And over the past 10 years, all we've seen is "weather" with virtually no "climate".
  8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 6 / -8

:D Republicans cause global warming in other words.

That's the Democrats for ya...
  9. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This is how I feel 100%. You have stated it better then I could.

We do need to combat pollution and we do need alternative sources of energy. We do need to tread more lightly on this planet but not because MMGW, but because it's the right thing to do. We need to be on the forefront of technology, innovation has always been one of our strengths. This is no different.
  10. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Northeast Snowfall Impact Scale (NESIS)

Hate to burst your bubble, but it's erratic...she is a fickle b!tch but she is bipartisan....
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +188 / 7 / -23

Do not pretend to know the science of this whole thing, but much of this is due to the way the Jet Stream is moving right now and El Nino, which is back.. people are not noticing the lack of snow in Vancouver and the huge rainstorms in California... the Drudge weather report does not seem to be reporting that

In other words the weather.. a snowstorm in DC does not mean all that much in a grand scale of things..

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - NOAA: El NiƱo to Help Steer U.S. Winter Weather
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I agree 95% as well as with MrSparkle. But it's hard to believe that there are still morons breathing and walking around that will use a snowstorm in February as proof that the planet is not warming - stunning stupidity. It's not called "North America Warming" -it's "Global Warming", idiots. The only way to define it is to calculate the avarage temperature of the entire planet, thus, the term "Global".

The MMGW debate is the best thing that ever happened to the world's worst polluters. Everyone argues about temperature while the toxin loads approach maximum, forests are wiped out and watersheds are destroyed. The whole thing is a set-up whether it turns out to be true or not. Al Gore may have been the worst thing to ever happen to the environmental movement and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he has been funded by Big Oil all along. I'm kidding...sorta. Pretty soon the US will be sparkling clean because we don't have any factories making anything anymore. We'll be driving electric cars made in Indonesia which will be an environmental wasteland in 50 years.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

I wonder what this "Ding Dong" thought when he woke up today.........

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who flies around on private planes so as to tell larger numbers of people how they must live their lives in order to save the planet, wrote a column last year on the lack of winter weather in Washington, D.C.

In Virginia, the weather also has changed dramatically. Recently arrived residents in the northern suburbs, accustomed to today's anemic winters, might find it astonishing to learn that there were once ski runs on Ballantrae Hill in McLean, with a rope tow and local ski club. Snow is so scarce today that most Virginia children probably don't own a sled. But neighbors came to our home at Hickory Hill nearly every winter weekend to ride saucers and Flexible Flyers.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: RFK, Jr. 15 months ago: Global warming means no snow or cold in DC | Washington Examiner
  14. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So not only do you put words in other people's mouths, you change what those words mean. I guess that's one way to win an argument.
  15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +335 / 6 / -8

Weird Harry... to you that looks like someone you don't like being parochial. To me, it looks like someone who didn't spend much of their youth in Virginia... and it looks like even if he did, he'd have to have quite a few years under his belt to "remember" the things in that article.

I take it that you did grow up in Virginia and knew these things? Because if the article is written in response to RFK Jr.'s statements, obviously he could not have gotten his knowledge of Virginia from said article, or from right-wing echo-chamber blog posts on his statements.

Did you?

Or were you in fact raised in Virginia?

PFnV

Oh, and PS: I remember some pretty heavy snowfalls here (From age 6, grew up about 50 miles south of DC, went to college maybe 200 mi south.)

Despite the fact that this weekend's snowfall is up in the top 3 winter storms on record here, I do remember winters with plentiful snow. In fact I can remember playing football outside when I was maybe 12, on Thanksgiving, and being shocked we all had to take off our coats because we got too hot... which would happen just about every thanksgiving these days.

And PPS: McClean is not a northern suburb... dunno why the article in the Examiner wants to put the two together.

And logic check: IF there use to be a ski run near McClean, AND there can be no such ski run now, that means that the region has warmed in the winter months, precisely what the article purports to disprove, as I understand it.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +188 / 7 / -23

Do you remember the winter when JFK was inaugarated???, there was a lot of snow then.. and it lasted for a very long time.
  17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +335 / 6 / -8

Just a tad before my time, born in '62... was in VA by '68 or '69
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

In the 1700's, you could skate to Staten Island.
    Imagine that!
    Wow...
    Just goes to show...

I mean...global warming and stuff...you know...how scientists are so stupid and Jesus is awesome.
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

Raised in Cambridge Mass, I don't know anything about Virginia, but I do know I see the same weather in Cambridge that I saw in 1935, Snow Banks in the winter, Watermelon in the summer, we lit the oil burner in the winter and turned it off in the summer, Back Then it used to Snow in the winter and Rain in the summer, we Shoveled Snow in the winter and Swam in the Sh!t infested waters of the Charles River in the Summer.
    I see no Change.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You prolly couldn't see this from the Longfellow Bridge, so I did some RESEARCH for ya, Boy.
    Change you can believe in. But I could be wrong. Maybe someone photoshopped these pictures. Can't prove they didn't.

[​IMG]