PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bitter Tears of the American Christian Supermajority

Interesting split there 13. I don't care that "the Creator" was the 18th century version of being rational -- what you've done is preserved a dichotomy where "The Creator" gives you rights, or "the Government" gives you rights -- you cannot imagine that you simply have rights by dint of your human dignity.

And that, by the way, is the heart of the reality of "progressive" politics: that by dint of our humanity we respect each other and act together, when there is a common interest, so that our common humanity gets the protection we all rate.

This is why those who hate "liberalism" or "progressivism" or whatever find themselves at such pains to deride the least fortunate among us. Anything, anything to deny our common humanity.

"The Creator" is no doubt proud of all our attempts to blame victims or separate ourselves from them. That's because when that's your conclusion, you did the creating.

PFnV

Did he do that here?

Are you reading the thread? Pejoratives about talking donkeys and creation? I don't know why he doesn't believe donkeys can talk under the right circumstances. Doesn't he ever watch a Presidential press conference? :D

Progressives are renamed Marxist after the fall off the USSR, of course communism is militantly atheist.

The essence of the left is that it believes that the State confers rights on citizens whereas Natural LAw contends that Humans have inalienable right granted by their Creator.

Progressive Faith cannot abide Natural Law and people having freedom of religion. We see this in the history of the last 100 years and in the current assault on religion in the West.

You've been hanging out with RI Phelps Fan for too long and that's complete gibberish. The two of you throw around the word progressive and progressive faith as catch all derogatory terms.

The essence of the religious right is that they only believe in their own religious freedom. Anybody who doesn't believe as they do is trying to infringe on their religious rights but they have no issue stepping on everybody else's. You've claimed you're a mixture with Taoist beliefs. If that were true RI Phelps Fan and yourself would consider you a progressive even though Taoism has existed for centuries.

Again you're putting everybody into one bucket. I have no issue with people of any faith who aren't trying to convert me to their way of thinking. Just respect my rights to believe what I want and I'll respect yours. And stop looking down on everybody else's beliefs like yours are better. In short STFU

Are you reading the thread? Pejoratives about talking donkeys and creation? I don't know why he doesn't believe donkeys can talk under the right circumstances. Doesn't he ever watch a Presidential press conference? :D

I don't see how it's pejorative to ask / state what he did in that particular post, which is why I asked.

"All i know is that I don't believe in talking donkeys, 900 year old people and things that defy logic. Do you ever think that the perhaps the bible is just a product of the time (especially the paganistic rituals)."

I think that's pretty fair to ask, particularly given that there are many people who take the bible literally.

The truth is there are two America's. There are the ones who live in cities, most likely educated and do not practice any religion. The church plays no role in their lives. Then their is rural America where the church is part of the community. Religion plays a significant role.

The honest truth (it's tough to hear), when you're educated and you have choices people don't need the Church. It's why we have a separation from church and state.

The truth is there are two America's. There are the ones who live in cities, most likely educated and do not practice any religion. The church plays no role in their lives. Then their is rural America where the church is part of the community. Religion plays a significant role.

The honest truth (it's tough to hear), when you're educated and you have choices people don't need the Church. It's why we have a separation from church and state.

So what do uneducated city folk like you do, then?:rocker:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back