PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Binky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edelman has been my Binkie to be named later since he was drafted and I learned more about him.

Curtis Brinkley.. Interesting.. I went to NFL.com and they don't show him on the roster, but they do have him being on the team when you look him up..

Did he actually get playing time during the pre-season?

He was involved in a shooting incident, he was shot in the ass I think. Hasn't been involved since.

Edelman has been a binkie ever since we drafted him i wanted him to make the team.

I would say Vollmer as well but he's a lock anyway.

Spann for me. Has he latched on with another team?

The Broncos. No idea if he's likely to make their 53, but he made a really nice break-up against the Cards last week. Looked bigger than I remember, too.

Thanks for bursting my balloon. :banned:

There'll be a lot of kids crying on the floor by the time this party is over -- you're just the first of the afternoon.

I just realized Ventrone is on my list too. Oh well. He'll surely catch on elsewhere fast.

The Broncos. No idea if he's likely to make their 53, but he made a really nice break-up against the Cards last week. Looked bigger than I remember, too.

I hope he does. Nice guy.

I thought people might like to have a thread where they revel in their binkies making teams, or pout when they get cut. I don't want to limit this to just the Patriots, so let me start by saying that anyone who had Chase Daniels as a binky is feeling low right now, since he got cut by the Redskins and, supposedly, won't be getting signed to the team's practice squad.

On the positive side, anyone who had the Lex Hilliard doll is very happy. He has reportedly made the Dolphins.

Brilliant, Deus. Great idea. Thanks.

Lost one. Nunn got cut. Hope he makes it to the PS.

No binkies left....OK maybe 1....but 2 GONE!!!

The Cardinal have been a home for many ex Pats. Sean Morey, Ron Hobson, and Spann, off the top of my head, and I think a couple of others too.

Maybe i was wrong about Spann; but I knew i heard his name in the recent Cards-Broncs game.

Last edited:
My binky going into this year's draft was Hakeem Nicks. I knew we weren't going to be the ones to draft him, but I loved everything the kid was about in a receiver and hoped he wouldn't go to a rival. However, he went to the Giants and has had an impressive preseason. Not only is he a lock to make the Giants roster (obviously), he's also a threat to take the starting job from Hixon at some point this year.

With the Pats, I'm going to have to go with SeaBass. Seems to be a safe bet to obtain a roster position although I have to hope that he doesn't see much playing time this season because he is still very raw. If Tate doesn't go to the IR, there's a huge chance he is my binky.

Jamar Love :singing:

Okay, not so much. Edelman has been my bink since day one. He appears to be a lock, so I'm pretty happy about that. I would have like to see Nunn there but never expected it. We are too damn deep at WR. Not a bad thing, I just don't see him not catching on somewhere. Shame, but that what you get.

Spann got the axe. Per PFT:

Gone are tight end Maquez Branson, cornerback Tony Carter, defensive lineman Nic Clemons, linebacker/defensive end Tim Crowder, guard Mitch Erickson, safety Vernon Fox, cornerback D.J. Johnson, linebacker Braxton Kelley, defensive lineman Everette Pedescleaux, defensive back Antwain Spann, running back Darius Walker, and receiver Matt Willis.

I'm surprised Moss made it over Crowder.

Also, I guess that list means Chad Jackson made the Broncos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back