PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephens44

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
After the past few seasons and where they are as of right now, this team and its ownership remind me of the horrible time period we had here in NE back in 1990-92 before Kraft and Parcels turned it around. I don't mind seeing a division rival down, but they are so low right now its tough to watch considering there isn't much of a bright side anywhere in that city/region. Annually it seems that this is the best part of the season for them, there is renewed hope and plenty of kool aid to go around. The lineage of hope is as interesting as it is pathetic: Bledsoe, Jauron, Losman, Owens, Gailey/Spiller....
It was heartwarming of course to see them beat the Jets last year, and I can only hope they do it again this year. If they utterly fail this season I fear we may lose them to LA, which would basically suck for us...

Last edited:
Apperciate the thoughts but I think you're overstating things a bit. I'm not going to pretend that we are going to be a playoff team, but all this talk about the Bills being one of the worst teams is foolish. We were a MNF collapse from splitting the division and being 7-9 (again). We have no big losses (TO was a threat but he half-@ssed it) and Gailey is one of the better offense minds in the game. We have a great secondary, 2 proven rbs and arguably the best playmaker from this draft, and upgraded the front 7 size wise of one of the worst defenses in the NFL. QB is a question but I'd rather work with hte guys we have than make a panic move for the one of the crappy QBs in this draft. By all accounts, next year's draft is going to be stocked with QBs.

Additionally, all the woes about Buffalo are highly inaccurate. The city has its share of troubles, but overall during this crisis, it actually remained in better shape than most places around the country. Amherst is a 100,000 "suburb" that has some good money and is one of the best places to live in the country. When studying Buffalo, "experts" just ignore the surrounding areas, which are in find shape.

Lastly, I'm not worried at all about LA or the Bills moving. The Toronto experiment just proved they weren't ready for the NFL. Also if you pay attention to the situations involving the other Cali teams, the state is in terrible economic shape and won't give money towards a new stadium. So an owner movign a team to LA will have to buy a team and a stadium. That's a lot. Buffalo also has the commish (from nearby Jamestown), NYS politicans, and a group lied by Jim Kelly. They aren't going anywhere and I'm not really worried. I jsut hope we can actually beat you guys once in the next 50 years though. :bricks:

Yeah, I have to agree with Marv Levy. Granted, the 2000's was not a good decade for the Bills - one wining season, seven losing seasons, zero playoff appearances - but there's no comparison to the Rod Rust - **** McPherson - Victor Kiam Pats teams of the early 90's. Bills may be the worst team in the AFC East but they had only one season that they were close to being one of the worst teams in the NFL this past decade. Over the past few years the Lions, Raiders, Chiefs, Browns have been far worse, and you could possibly add the 49ers and redskins to that group too.

Some of Wilson's decisions have been head scratchers, such as not selling naming rights to the stadium, but I doubt the Bills are moving to LA. It's very questionable if a team will move there anytime soon, and if one does I'd say the most likely candidates are the Chargers, Jaguars, and Vikings.

After the past few seasons and where they are as of right now, this team and its ownership remind me of the horrible time period we had here in NE back in 1990-92 before Kraft and Parcels turned it around. I don't mind seeing a division rival down, but they are so low right now its tough to watch considering there isn't much of a bright side anywhere in that city/region. Annually it seems that this is the best part of the season for them, there is renewed hope and plenty of kool aid to go around. The lineage of hope is as interesting as it is pathetic: Bledsoe, Jauron, Losman, Owens, Gailey/Spiller....
It was heartwarming of course to see them beat the Jets last year, and I can only hope they do it again this year. If they utterly fail this season I fear we may lose them to LA, which would basically suck for us...

Its gotta be tough to be a Bills fan right now.

You have the Pats coming off a Dynasty, winning 3 out of 4 SBs.

The Jets had their best season (post season) since Bill Parcells was there, added lots of talent to a team that had the number 1 run game and number 1 defense last year.

Miami seems to be improving as well by adding a legit number 1 reciever to there offense, they already have a solid running game and good, young QB, there defense has improved as well by adding Karlos Dansby to the middle of their defense.

Worst of all is the rumors that they may be moving to Toronto (or LA). As much as I dont like the Bills, I dont want them moving either, especially to Canada! Buffalo is a good football city, love the blizzard games played up there.

In the end I dont think they will be moving, I hope I am right, it wouldnt be the same playing the Toronto Bills or LA Bills.

Yeah, I have to agree with Marv Levy. Granted, the 2000's was not a good decade for the Bills - one wining season, seven losing seasons, zero playoff appearances - but there's no comparison to the Rod Rust - **** McPherson - Victor Kiam Pats teams of the early 90's. Bills may be the worst team in the AFC East but they had only one season that they were close to being one of the worst teams in the NFL this past decade. Over the past few years the Lions, Raiders, Chiefs, Browns have been far worse, and you could possibly add the 49ers and redskins to that group too.

Some of Wilson's decisions have been head scratchers, such as not selling naming rights to the stadium, but I doubt the Bills are moving to LA. It's very questionable if a team will move there anytime soon, and if one does I'd say the most likely candidates are the Chargers, Jaguars, and Vikings.

+1 As long as the Jaguars are still playing in Jacksonville, the Bills wont be moving to LA. Buffalo is head and shoulders above Jacksonville when it comes to football cities.

All sounds good, looking forward to beef on weck and some wings. And of course 2 wins vs. the Bills this year :popcorn:

Here is some Bills fans' take on this year's Patriots team.

The Pats are done - Buffalo Bills Forums

The usual garbage on how the Patriots are done, Brady is washed up, and Belichick is a cheater. I guess they expect Nix and Gainey to really turn things around for them.

Every year some Bills fans show up here to talk up their team, I say the Bills suck and are going nowhere, and guess who turns out to be right for the last three years. Look it up.

I still remember how some folks blasted me for saying the Steelers O-Line was better than the Bills because they found some stats to say otherwise. That year the Steelers won the Super Bowl and the Bills were at home as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes