PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bill O'Brien Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
This offense is humming like a well-oiled machine.

Brady gets the hype and the glory, but I think Bill O'Brien deserves some credit for our offensive success.

Thank you Bill O'Brien!

:rocker: on BOB

How long till we lose him to a HC position

It wasn't all that long ago that the idea that a thread with this title would have never been a consideration.

Thanks to BOB for proving the masses wrong.

There have already been threads for this after the Steelers/Colts game, but yes BOB is having an outstanding season. He seems very comfortable with the offense and is 10X better than last year

There have already been threads for this after the Steelers/Colts game, but yes BOB is having an outstanding season. He seems very comfortable with the offense and is 10X better than last year
I think it's the selection of plays he's giving Brady to compliment the read allowing Brady to audible to one of the selection of plays as well as changing the protection schemes.

It's been enjoyable to watch the integration of this offense as the team has evolved.

Last edited:
I think it's the selection of plays he's giving Brady to compliment the read allowing Brady to audible to one of the selection of plays as well as changing the protection schemes.

It's been enjoyable to watch the integration of this offense as the team has evolved.

Yes, Brady's play as well as the OL's play has enabled BOB to feel confident to call any play in the play book. He is also doing an outstanding job with running the ball just enough to set up the play action pass, this was one area where he struggled last season

BOB4OC!:rocker:

As is the talent, attitude, team focus, mental toughness and consistent execution of the group he is working with as this season progresses.

It's infinitely more difficult to coordinate an offense or defense when a segment of those guys are more focused on personal stats/goals and/or cashing their paycheck than subjugating ego and taking coaching and winning a championship.

As is the talent, attitude, team focus, mental toughness and consistent execution of the group he is working with as this season progresses.

It's infinitely more difficult to coordinate an offense or defense when a segment of those guys are more focused on personal stats/goals and/or cashing their paycheck than subjugating ego and taking coaching and winning a championship.

In other words you think that it is because of the departure of Randy Moss. I think thats a minor part of it.

One of the things about Josh failing and Romeo/Charlie after they left is that maybe teams won't be so quick to hire a guy just because he's been successful in NE, so maybe we can keep some of the coaching talent we've developed.

Brady this morning was giving him mucho praise.. not sure if there are going to be a lot of organizations who are going to jump on our coordinators after Crennel, Weiss, the Traitor in Cleveland and McDaniels.. maybe they can start a discussion about how our coordinators are system coordinators or some such nonsense.

Except for maybe Dante. I'm sure there's plenty of coaches that would love Dante working on their line.

Except for maybe Dante. I'm sure there's plenty of coaches that would love Dante working on their line.

Except Dante has no ambition to be a HC. He's already the Asst. HC here. He's a lifer. Besides his son would likely cause those considering him just a little pause given many HC's have a penchant for nepotism.

has anyone noticed BOB when he wears the hoodie has BO written just like BB ? its kinda funny.Also brady today said this about BOB

I listen to my coaches all the time. Just ask Billy [O'Brien]. I may be the biggest pain in the you-know-what to Billy. Billy didn’t realize when he got the job as the quarterback coach a few years ago how big of a pain in the butt I am.

The Herald has him as one of the candidates for player of the game, star of the game. It comes down between Tom Brady and Billy O’Brien. Who do you vote for?

I would certainly never vote for myself. I love Billy. He just does an incredible job. He’s a great coach. He’s a great motivator. He’s got a great presence about him. He’s a local guy, and he’s got very much of this Massachusetts personality to him. He’s tough, he’s hard-nosed, he’s relentless. And I think all the players really appreciate it.

Brady this morning was giving him mucho praise.. not sure if there are going to be a lot of organizations who are going to jump on our coordinators after Crennel, Weiss, the Traitor in Cleveland and McDaniels.. maybe they can start a discussion about how our coordinators are system coordinators or some such nonsense.

lol........:rofl::rofl:

After the recent perceived head coaching "failures" of BB proteges, I doubt that will be happening anytime soon.

Teams are learning the going "The Patriots Way" route will take a couple of years to implement, and will require a radical change to how things were done before the hire. Cleveland seems to have finally figured that out with Mangini, after screwing Romeo over. Of course, Holmgren could mess that up because he gets the coaching itch again.

K.C. had a fan base and media that already wanted Pioli gone last year. The Broncos couldn't handle the change and rebuild time, and gave up after less than two years.

It's going to take patient, competent and willing ownership, and that's tough to find among the league's bad teams, so I think O'Brien will be around for at least a couple more seasons.

Teams are learning the going "The Patriots Way" route will take a couple of years to implement, and will require a radical change to how things were done before the hire. Cleveland seems to have finally figured that out with Mangini, after screwing Romeo over. Of course, Holmgren could mess that up because he gets the coaching itch again.

K.C. had a fan base and media that already wanted Pioli gone last year. The Broncos couldn't handle the change and rebuild time, and gave up after less than two years.

It's going to take patient, competent and willing ownership, and that's tough to find among the league's bad teams, so I think O'Brien will be around for at least a couple more seasons.

Doesn't Holmgren like Mangini as a coach, though? Could have sworn that I heard that they have become pretty good friends (in a professional manner, of course).

A bump for this thread ... the other Bill's hard work is fun to watch. The precision in the offense is amazing to watch. Sure we have great athlete's led by Brady but they still need to be coached to work together. Let's hope we have enough healthy players for it to last all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes