PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bill Belichick thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB has easily proven to be the greatest HC since Lombardi. And he may pass Lombardi in terms of being the GOAT HC...

We are seeing something special.. Savor these moments..

Only one thing needs to be said

IN BB WE TRUST

Yes and too many people lost that trust in the off season. Shame on whoever said Bill had lost it, or the Pats were on the decline. Eat crow.

Too bad the game has passed Belichick bye. We only have so much time left with Brady and this team is no closer to winning the Super Bowl than the 2001, 2003, or 2004 seasons.

Last edited:
Too bad the game has passed Belichick bye. We only have so much time left with Brady and this team is no closer to winning the Super Bowl than the 2001, 2003, or 2004.

*ROFMAO* :p :cool:

RayClay, I was obviously kidding. :cool3:

Second time, though. You need new writers.:D

I did have a Yankees suck shirt too, nice ribbed jersey with subtle cursive script so you couldn't see what it said until you got close. Sold Franks and ice cream in the stands at Fenway for three years too.

Last edited:
The man is truly an incredible coach!

Hulu - In Their Own Words: Bill Belichick - Watch the full episode now.

Love this Hulu vid. 2:00 in is the Parcells part and it's priceless.

I know some people think he's just an old meanie, but i have a feeling BB wouldn't want it any other way than to have to prove himself against all the sarcasm and insults to attain excellence.

I'm guessing they have as much respect for each other as any two men.

And the student snatches the pebble from the master....

Congrats to BB!

Thanks for the link.

"...first head coach ever to win at least 14 regular-season games in four separate seasons. "

WOW!! Unbelievable!!

Hats off to BB!!

Bill also does a good job at keeping his players focused. The Pats just finished the season 14-2 and he's not going nuts and encouraging celebration. He's looking at it like we are 0-0 and we still have a long way to go.

I've seen threads for everyone else on the Pats but I don't think there is a thread to show our love for Bill Belichick.

Are you joking? Almost every thread on this board has someone smooching BB's behind. Even the threads about the Jets.

Congrats to BB!
I wonder if he is also the only HC to ever have 4 2 or fewer LOSS seasons. That would encompass all of history, not just the 16 game schedule.

Can we clone him? A younger version that is.

NEVER LEAVE US BILL!!

Are you joking? Almost every thread on this board has someone smooching BB's behind. Even the threads about the Jets.

Are you missing the point? The point is that there isn't a thread that is dedicated to everything BB. Now there is. got it?

Bill exhibits that rare combination - supreme knowledge on the game and a will to win. Both demand extreme determination - one to acquire that knowledge through constant study / research and the second, to execute that on the field, each and every week.

Can't say I know many coaches who are fighters to the end - if I had to pick one, it would be BB. I would pick BB and any 11 combo of rookie players or undrafted players. Over a 16 game season, I'm sure BB and his unnamed 11 would play better than the Seahawks and finish over 0.5

images

Bill Loves his tight ends!

A must read by Jeff Howe for Pats fans:

Bill Belichick's Players Rave About Work Ethic, Committed to Backing Legendary Performance - NESN.com

See, that's the thing about Belichick, who in the last decade has unquestionably become one of the greatest coaches to ever walk the sidelines. When everyone else is sleeping, or tweeting, or playing Madden, or lounging around, Belichick is studying the game, whether it's that week's opponent or one of his old playoff itineraries. He is always working to implement improvements for the good of his team's success, and he's always been willing to adjust something he thought he once screwed up.

That's why his players follow him and fight for him. They believe in Belichick -- that he has put in the work that week to study every last detail to put them into position to maximize their ability.

"You see his work ethic," Patriots captain Jerod Mayo says, "and if you try to match it, you might not make it a couple days. He's always working."

"At the end of the day," Mayo says, "you'll run through a wall for coach Belichick."

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There's a great deal of insight on motivational tactics and getting players prepared so they are in a position to win, as well as how the team was able to bounce back after the loss to the Browns.

Re: Decent Jeff Howe article on NESN

"At the end of the day," Mayo says, "you'll run through a wall for coach Belichick."

"He's so good," safety Patrick Chung says of Belichick's meetings. "He just gets you prepared. It's hard to explain. You just learn. We learn. As far as being in there, you're going to learn, and you're going to learn fast. You're going to learn efficiently. He's a good coach. He gets you right."

These two quotes say it all. A chill ran down my spine when I read Mayo's quote.
We are lucky fans and everyone in the league knows it. We have a great coach running this team...but we all already knew that. ;)

Re: Decent Jeff Howe article on NESN

I've never felt as confident about any team I've rooted for as I do for this year's Pats. The odds are still against them, of course, because they always are against a team. But this one just doesn't seem to flinch about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back