PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The biggest deciding factor against the Broncos last week....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three times we penetrated to or inside the Denver 35 and we came away empty each time in the first half. Cannot win if you do not score.

It's amazing and good to see the respect Corey is now getting from everybody after he had been trashed so often in pre season.

Penny pinching organization only interested in selling Brady BobbleHead dolls in China

rabthepat said:
I was saying the same thing. Why didn't Tom do a quick snap and do a QB sneak? It looked like Denver wasn't ready at first. We allowed them to set and then asked Maroney to become a power back.

It was too slow developing of a play. And it was a predictable call without the right player to run it. For all of the anti-playcalling sentiment that's the one play I actually do wish we had back.

The 4th down call was awful, definitely agree it should have been a sneak. Why give it to a guy 3-4 yards in the backfield with the D set up to penetrate to stuff the run? I think people here are greatly overestimating what Dillon could have done to help us in the game. The O-line deserves credit for a good job pass blocking, but the run blocking was terrible. No running back is going to change the game when the defense is consistantly into the backfield before the back can get to the hole (well, maybe Barry Sanders, he was pretty good at that I guess). Granted Denver was scheming to stop the run on 1st and 2nd down, but the blocking absolutely has to be better than that.

borg said:
Penny pinching organization only interested in selling Brady BobbleHead dolls in China
That's it, pal, you graduated to my ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back