Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Big Pander to Big Oil

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Jun 19, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

At a minimum the desire for drilling is a reminder that we could have had a flow of oil on-line now if Clinton hadn't vetoed it. However at a maximum, I don't agree that with the variety of oil that we control that we wouldn't get it unti 2030. And their argument about the environmental hazards are silly with today's technology and the lack of bad oil spills through recent bad hurricanes.
  3. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

By drilling in ANWR gas prices should go down two cents in 2025
  4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Keep repeating the Democrat talking points :rolleyes:
  5. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

That's what she said !

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

It doesn't pass the sniff test - who is that quote from anyway ? Granny Pelosi ?
  7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +134 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Oil prices, go up and down, on "futures", so if you think that the price of oil will not immeadiately go down, once the US starts drilling, you have no understanding of economics.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

One of the things to also remember is the "20 years away" thing is largely due to paperwork and government approvals/beaurocracy. If the government made this a priority the time it would take to get oil flowing would be cut dramatically if they expedited everything. And anyone who blindly repeats the 2 cents things is just totally clueless. Just because Granny Nancy says it doesn't make it true.
  9. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's funny--I forget the exact quote, but Chucky Schumer said the other day that 25 (or whatever number) of barrels from Saudi would lower the price of gas a quarter or more. But just a few months before, he said the same thing wes just did.

So I guess Saudi oil is better than ANWAR oil.

Why do people like wes and Schumer want us dependent on foreign oil?
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Saudi Oil would be cheaper than ANWAR oil.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't get this line of bullsh!t about "dependency on foreign oil" when discussing ANWAR. The same oily rumpswabs who say that are the ones who say it's OK if we have our planes and weapons systems being built by foreign companies because they're cheaper...er...I mean "more competitive"...yeah, that's it.
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 5 / -2

Yes, Shumer is the idiot who one day was crying for the Saudi's to add a couple hundred thousand barrels cuz it would drop the price, and then later said our own drilling wouldn't do didly. HAHAHA!!! Then people wonder why this country is so fukced up.

Worse than dumb is a moron like this writing an editorial in a prestigious newspaper. Economics 101, Supply & Demand. What part of this can retards not comprehend? It infuriates me to see people pick a side according to political affiliation when common sense is the issue at hand. It reminds me of a guy who once told me that, as a boss, if you tell your workers to tear down the wrong wall, and they correct you, you still have to have them tear down that wrong wall. You do that cuz you can never let the people that work for you, know that they were right, and you were wrong. I was shocked to see that people actually thought that way. Sadly, that's what these morons are doing. Had we been drilling our own supply, not only would we not be at the mercy of foreign countries, and losers like Saudi Arabia, Venenzuella, Russia, etc. but we'd be keeping $140 per barrell inside our own borders and economy. How dumb can people be. The same arsewipes that whine about outsourcing, are ensuring that we outsource billions, and billions of dollars to people that hate us. It's absolutely moronic. Yet some retard without a clue types an editorial about how our drilling our own is "worse than dumb". What a moron. Someone tell that arsewipe that you don't act today, for yesterday. You act today, to improve tomorrow. This country has been ignoring tomorrow for 30 years now when it comes to energy. Does this arseclown think that we're going to magically come up with a nationally viable alternative in the next 3-5 years? That's the span it's taking Brazil to get their offshore field online. The stupidity of some is tragic.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Agree with the timeline, like I said, Granny Pelosi's slow timeline is self fulfilling because the government bureaucracy slows it down; if Congress fast tracked it, it would be a lot faster.
  14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Sorry, I'm not seeing the comparison.
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 5 / -2

Dakota Oil Fields of Saudi-Sized Reserves Make Farmers Drillers

By Anthony Effinger

June 3 (Bloomberg) -- John Bartelson, who smokes Marlboro Lights through fingers blackened with tractor grease, may look like an average wheat farmer. He isn't. He's one of North Dakota's new oil barons.

Every month, he gets a check for tens of thousands of dollars from a company in Houston called EOG Resources Inc., which drilled two oil wells on his land last year. He says the day his first royalty check arrived was one to remember. ``I smiled to beat hell, and I went to town and had a beer,'' Bartelson, 65, says.

His new wealth springs from the Bakken formation, a sprawling deposit of high-quality crude beneath the durum wheat fields of North Dakota, Montana and southern Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Bakken may give the U.S. -- the world's biggest importer of oil -- a new domestic energy source at a time when demand from China and India is ratcheting up the global competition for supplies and propelling average U.S. gasoline prices to almost $4 a gallon.

And unlike the tar from Canada's oil sands, Bakken crude needs little refining. Swirl some of it in a Mason jar and it leaves a thin, honey-colored film along the sides. It's light - -almost like gasoline -- and sweet, meaning it's low in sulfur.

Best of all, the Bakken could be huge. The U.S. Geological Survey's Leigh Price, a Denver geochemist who died of a heart attack in 2000, estimated that the Bakken might hold a whopping 413 billion barrels. If so, it would dwarf Saudi Arabia's Ghawar, the world's biggest field, which has produced about 55 billion barrels.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601170&refer=home&sid=ayj1uo_gdNI4
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

The Democrats are going to have to get on board with drilling and expediting getting it on-line or risk losing the unlosable election. There's no doubt this is The Prince's election to lose; but if all he and his party come up with is "we can't drill our way out of this problem" then The Prince might just lose it.
  17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And it might not. And it's locked in a layer of dolomite, which is hard to drill through and hard to extract oil from. And it's a very thin layer...

Don't get me wrong, it's never bad news, but I'm not ready to start saying it's more than the Saudis have either. I looked up some of the companies mentioned in the article, and we're talking about 3 person oil companies?