PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Big Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriskanos

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
...is a sports blog I read often and they had an interview with Fox's Jay Glazer. In the interview he claims Mcdonough once fought and whooped a Patriot player in the locker room. I had never heard this, can anyone expand upon this? The interview is at www.thebiglead.com

I can't add a lot, but he had a shoving match with Raymond Clayborn and perhaps knocked him into a set of lockers. Or something like that.

Just off memory, Clayborn poked McDonough in the eye (supposedly he was aiming for his chest) McDonough took exception to this and popped Clayborn in the face. As he was trying to break up the fight, one of the Sullivans (Billy, I think) got shoved upside down into a laundry cart.

...is a sports blog I read often and they had an interview with Fox's Jay Glazer. In the interview he claims Mcdonough once fought and whooped a Patriot player in the locker room. I had never heard this, can anyone expand upon this? The interview is at www.thebiglead.com

Will McDonough was famous for doing whatever was necessary to get the story and there was always a story to the story with him. The incident you are referring to came in 1979 when he punched Raymond Clayborn. McDonough at the time: "I said that if any guy pushes me to the point, then something is going to happen. It's just unfortunate for him [Clayborn] that he did it." He didn't fight or whoop him, he punched him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes