PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The big 4 Offensive tackles in this draft

What would you think about tagging Vollmer and drafting the kid out of Ohio State, Reid Fragel or Kyle Long. Giving him 1 year to develop and then turning over the RT job to him the following season if he shows hes capable.

Not that i think we'll need to tag volmer but fragel is one of my binkies so i hope we draft him.

What would you think about tagging Vollmer and drafting the kid out of Ohio State, Reid Fragel or Kyle Long. Giving him 1 year to develop and then turning over the RT job to him the following season if he shows hes capable.

Tag number is too high for OL. 9.6M Everyone knows he has a balky back. Another team isn't going to throw a lot of money at him because of that. How many RT's in football do you trust 1 on 1 with guys like Wake? He deserves a raise. Very underpaid. Pretty good sized signing bonus so we can spread it out and not get a huge cap hit this year.

Is Fragel or Long a better prospect than Marcus Cannon? Now that he's beaten lymphoma, I'd say no. Marcus can play RT. If he's there instead of Sea Bass you might give him a little help against a great pass rusher. But, you would do the same with any young tackle we bring in where we are picking.

I like Long but not Fragel, who looks a bit clumsy and uncoordinated IMO.

I like Long but not Fragel, who looks a bit clumsy and uncoordinated IMO.

I don't want to get in to a binky war, but you've just described Long. Hasn't a clue what to do when in space.

Pugh out of Syracuse is as good a tackle as I've seen this year, but I'm on the side that says there's no need to take an OT that high. We're not as flush in draft picks as usual this year, so you need to figure that BB would prefer a few trade backs for some additional picks. I think more than anything else, we need to come out of this draft with a dynamic safety.

Pugh out of Syracuse is as good a tackle as I've seen this year, but I'm on the side that says there's no need to take an OT that high. We're not as flush in draft picks as usual this year, so you need to figure that BB would prefer a few trade backs for some additional picks. I think more than anything else, we need to come out of this draft with a dynamic safety.

After several lean drafts, this draft has several really good safeties. Rambo of Georgia, Lester of Alabama and Vacarro of Texas could all be available at the end of round 3 for us.

But I still think we need an OT, if Vollmer goes down, I am very nervous with sending Cannon out there.

Tag number is too high for OL. 9.6M Everyone knows he has a balky back. Another team isn't going to throw a lot of money at him because of that. How many RT's in football do you trust 1 on 1 with guys like Wake? He deserves a raise. Very underpaid. Pretty good sized signing bonus so we can spread it out and not get a huge cap hit this year.

Is Fragel or Long a better prospect than Marcus Cannon? Now that he's beaten lymphoma, I'd say no. Marcus can play RT. If he's there instead of Sea Bass you might give him a little help against a great pass rusher. But, you would do the same with any young tackle we bring in where we are picking.

Deserves a raise, but the pats don't get to choose how much that raise is. Unless they're willing to pay a huge contract, he'll leave.

Not sure how high he goes but I had Justin Pugh going to the pats in the late 2nd.

So there's that.

Richard Wagner (not sure if related to the composer) from Wisc. is also a possibility. Very strong blocker, not sure about pass protection though.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back