Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Best Way To Own A Gun

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +724 / 2 / -9

2. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -2

#70 Jersey

Well, I don't know about that, Harry Boy. But what happened to Brian Aitken--Is that his name?--defies explanation.

Like the Declaration states, rights come ultimately from our creator. But progressives don't view it that way. So the ability to keep and bear arms--bearing arms in DC is a felony offense for mere citizens--can be unduly restricted.

Kudos to Gov. Christie! Here's a clear-cut case of gubmit infringement, intolerance, and thuggish behavior.

I'm concerned, BTW, at the militarization of the police that's going on and the proliferation of all these SWATs. I remember reading years ago in a Walter Williams column how the DC Dept. of Commerce has its own SWAT. Commerce?!

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Harry you are bangin' lately ... you're breaking the NEP rule ... :nono:

shhhhhhh ...:gossip: I won't tell anyone okay :rolleyes2:.

4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +178 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Just like the morning piss.

6. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +275 / 3 / -3

Conservatives are just as bad, they just care / dont care about different issues, different rights.

Everybody should be, but you're going to hear far more concern about it from people on the left -- who many on the right will then criticize as not supporting the police, or being soft on crime.

Is it Prince Georges County, in MD, that has the ridiculously high # of SWAT deployments, even for just mundane police calls, and famously invaded a town's mayor's home, ordered his wife and mother to the ground and shot his dog?

Unfortunately, most dems and republicans really don't care about individual rights. They care about their pet issues, but if it's something they don't happen to like, they're eager to throw rights out the door and side with the government. Unprincipled hypocrites.

7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +90 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Or you could just stay out of New Jersey.................

8. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +178 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

Not me, i need one hand to keep me steady. :singing:

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

You're clearly not from Massachusetts.

10. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +275 / 3 / -3

Republicans are no better there than anywhere else
    (and I am, actually)

11. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

In Rhode Island you take your blue card test ... pass it and you can buy a gun. You cannot carry it with that but you can buy it. there's like a few week waiting period before you can pick it up.

I have a permit to carry in Rhode island renewable every 4 years and I also have a permit for Mass. that has to be renewed yearly. No big deal at all if you live a clean life and have a need. Once you have the main license the add on state really cannot deny you but you have to obey their laws.

so the best way to me is to do it legally.

12. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I like Virginia's gun laws (VA native). Not a whole lot of nonsense. CT isn't that bad, but there is a lot of hullabaloo about figuring out how to actually defend yourself without going to jail.

Chico, you're right about the Maryland police state. It's disturbing. When I cross the Potomac and am out of the People's Republic of Maryland, I feel like getting out and kissing the soil. Something is very wrong with that state. I could rant on and on, but I'll stop.

Oh, and New Jersey is a close cousin of Maryland in the psycho-state department.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +724 / 2 / -9

I've had a license to carry concealed in Mass and one in Maine for over 40 years, I'm letting them run out I never carry one now I'm getting to old, I could very well shoot myself in my foot or kill somebody in McDonalds when I'm trying to stand up and reach for my wallet at the same time.

14. State

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -2

#70 Jersey

Have you read Radley Balko's writing at his blog The Agitator and Reason Magazine? He's a libertarian and is, I think, best known for criticizing excessive police brutality, esp. breaking down doors in the middle of the night based on an anonymous tip saying drugs are inside.

Did you guys know Vermont has no licensing for concealed carry? Whether one is an in-state resident or from out of state, he can conceal carry. As long as he's not a felon.

Does anyone know of problems with this wonderful policy?

15. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +275 / 3 / -3

yes! mainly in Reason -- the only magazine I subscribe to right now

I know it's funded by the right -- which, in theory, makes sense -- but I think both Balko and the magazine do a good job of writing from a particular point of view (and a very strong point of view, at that) without being intellectually dishonest.

I think a lot of Dems would benefit from reading it, at least to get a valid counterpoint to their big government views. At the same time, a lot of Republicans would, too, as it would show very clearly how their views are big government as well, even if they pretend they're not.

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +724 / 2 / -9

Gang Bangers all carry Concealed Weapons, they're lousy shots though, whenever they go out to shoot one of their enemy's they usually miss and kill a little kid or an old lady sitting on her own porch.

Bang
    "did ya get the mother f-cker Earl"
    "yea man,I hit somebody"
    "cool my man, ya know what I'm sayin"

:bricks:

17. State

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -2

#70 Jersey

Reason is not a right-wing publication. In fact it's a left-libertarian one, in contradistinction to Lew Rockwell, IMHO.

I began subscribing to Reason Magazine in 1987, but got disgusted by its lefty response to the LA Riots where it took the position of a standard liberal.

The question is, do writers support right wing candidates? No, by and large. When I was at the Cato Institute, a fellow traveling organization, just about everyone was pulling for Harvey Gantt to pull it out against Jesse Helms.

18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +275 / 3 / -3

I didn't say it was a rightwing publication, I said it was funded by righties -- the Kochs, I believe?

It clearly is libertarian. I have no idea where that fits in the right-left spectrum anymore, since right and left are so skewed in our country, at least in terms of popular terminology.

I wouldn't expect them to support Republicans generally, because Republicans are just as big-government as Dems, just in different ways.

Curious, what was their response to the LA riots? I had never heard of Reason then, and was too busy working 110 hr weeks at the time to be at all interested in politics.