PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Best Sean Taylor Article I've Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
This will probably get moved to the political forum, where none of you have to think about it, but I thought I'd post it here just to piss you all off:D

http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=30&ItemID=14447

kicking a Man When He's Dead: The Slander of Sean Taylor
by Dave Zirin
December 06, 2007

Printer Friendly Version
EMail Article to a Friend

WASHINGTON FOOTBALL player Sean Taylor is dead at the age of 24, shot and killed at home in front of his partner and 18-month-old daughter. Four people have already been arrested, three of them teenagers.

They were expecting to break into the empty house of a wealthy football player. Instead, they panicked, hit Taylor in the leg with a bullet and ran. The bullet tore into his femoral artery and Taylor died the next day.

It's the kind of senseless, random violence that makes you put your hands on your ears and squeeze your eyes shut until the tears pry loose. The initial reaction here in D.C. has been an avalanche of unbearable sadness. Hundreds of people left flowers, notes and other offerings in front of the team practice facility. Everywhere you looked people were wearing the team colors of burgundy and gold.

I can understand how strange this must seem at a distance. It's not like there are shortages of people to mourn in the nation's capital. D.C. is the violent crime mecca of the United States. We lose children who haven't seen their 10th birthday to stray bullets.

Last edited:
i read the whole thing, but i do not think the racism is the issue here, Taylor was slandered, which was unacceptable....but it was not b/c he was black, it was b/c of his past, which he was changing...

this isnt political this is a football article. thanks for posting it

i read the whole thing, but i do not think the racism is the issue here, Taylor was slandered, which was unacceptable....but it was not b/c he was black, it was b/c of his past, which he was changing...

Good find.

I agree. I think it was a moving article for sure, but I don't think it was necessarily a racial issue here. Had Brett Favre been 25 and had the history and reputation of Sean Taylor, he would be treated incredibly similar if not exactly the same.

I agree with the authors point that personal history has no bearing or significant on his death. But, in my opinion, I don't think his race had anything to do with the way media treated him. It was his history, which, I agree had no place in the backlash journalism.

Last edited:
Thank you for the post....Don't think that everyone is negative of you posting this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back