PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Best Possible Patriot Road To Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
What road? We have home field. All roads lead to foxborough.

I really hate people using last years team to judge this years team. They are as different as night and day.

I agree with this article, because I also realize that not one thing has changed about the Patriots since last year. The Pats have also proven that they cannot possibly beat the Ravens at home.

My best case is Jets win, Ravens go and lose to Steelers...We beat Steelers...

I am most concerned about the Ravens simply because of our DL situation. I think they would be toughest to stop if they committed to running the ball.

First I want Kansas City--esp on a below zero or snowy late afternoon at Gillette, and then Indy--the walking wounded team (esp after an over-time win over Pittsburgh) That's the way I envision the next two games on our skedge.

I don't know why other than the once in a lifetime game last year, that Patriot fans fear the Ravens.

The Ravens have a terrible record against the Patriots over the last decade and a half. They are 1-6 since 1996 with six of those games against Belichick coached teams.

That is even more dominant than against the Steelers.

As regards their single, 1, one, o-n-e, victory it was just "one of those games". Historically, Brady has an occasional 4 INT terrible game against some team proving he is only human. They were behind 24-0 to the Ravens, after only a few minutes in the First Quarter.

The only thing slightly surprising is it happened in the Playoffs. The rebuilding Patriots simply did not have the tools to outscore the Ravens in the balance of the game without Welker, relying only on a double and triple covered Randy Moss.

At 1-6, the Ravens are a a particular 'creme puff' for the Patriots. Plus their secondary is suspect. Ed Reed is injured again with a re-occurance of his leg injury, that has cost him most of the 2010 season.

The Raven's Defense is aging and slowing down. Just what a quick fast Offense delights in exploiting. On Offense, Falcco just never produced as a high pick QB should do, especially with a constantly revised and talented wide out corps, given to him to improve his stats to no avail.

I actually think the Chiefs can beat them, especially without Reed. Everyone is downgrading the balanced Chiefs just like the 2001 Patriots were dismissed. They have a talented O-line, allowing them to both run and pass. Their Defense has the big rusher, a very good LB, and their CBs are not chicken feathers.

Most of all this is a QB league. Cassel is a better QB than Flacco, trained in the funadmentals by the best in Bill Belichick. I never bet against the better QB.

Count me among those feeilng uneasy against teams that have coaches from the BB tree.

So, I would rather we face the Colts and Ravens and not KC.

Last edited:
Count me among those feeilng uneasy against teams that have coaches from the BB tree.

So, I would rather we face the Colts and Ravens and not KC.

exactly, its a total unknown. Give me the team that has trouble running the ball (Colts) over the team with the guy who gashed us last season. Especially with the state of the D-line as it is.

I really hate people using last years team to judge this years team. They are as different as night and day.

So right - last year's team was definitely a dysfunctional family. This year is much more a "True Patriots" team.

...Dear God, as I re-read that line above I sound like a Yankee fan. Forgive me.

So looking at the AFC field against playoff teams:

Pats 6-1, Avg Win = 11 pts
Ravens 4-2, Avg Win = 3 pts
Chiefs 1-1, Avg Win = 4 pts
Colts 1-2, Avg Win = 3 pts
Steelers 2-4, Avg Loss = 4 pts
Jets 2-4, Avg Loss = 6 pts

The Ravens are clearly the team to avoid. Of the rest, the Steelers are the most dangerous (experience, bye week, home game). So the best path would be:

KC beats BAL
IND beats NYJ
NE beats KC ... Chiefs are frauds
IND beats PIT
NE beats IND ... Manning with beat up team in late Jan. in Foxboro

I'm not sure why people are fretting over the Colts. I know they almost came back from a 17 point deficit in Foxboro, but consider:
a) The Colts were bad enough to get into a 17 point deficit
b) The Pats defense is 2 months better than the last meeting
c) The Colts are 2 months more beat up than the last meeting (add in games against Jets and Steelers as well)
d) The weather is 2 months colder than the last meeting

I really don't care who we play in the playoffs. Each team will be challenging, so bring any of them on. The only team I have a serious fear of is the Packers, and we won't see them until the Super Bowl, if we both make it.

Last edited:
Initial reaction is... I WANT THE JETS!! End their season and get a microphone away from Rex Ryan, so he can stop talking. Then I want Ravens to exact revenge from last year debacle. But as a fan who has totally bought inot the BB philosophy of one game at a time, Let's play whoever they put in front of us and be thankful it's in Foxboro!!! I know I know all about this isn't the same Colts team, but would like to avoid Peyton at all costs, he justs scares me always has always will.

It seems clear that we should be rooting for the jets and the chiefs.

Jets and Chiefs would make me happy

Yeah, I don't get how the playoff game last year has anything to do with what could happen in a Pats/Ravens match up this post season. Brady doesn't have a broken finger or rib. The Pats' offense is other worldly. Their defense is arguably better.

Yeah, I don't get how the playoff game last year has anything to do with what could happen in a Pats/Ravens match up this post season. Brady doesn't have a broken finger or rib. The Pats' offense is other worldly. Their defense is arguably better.

Not to mention that the two teams have met in Foxboro since that playoff game, and the Pats won during a rebuilding phase.

Last edited:
i think every team in the playoffs is good, except maybe seattle. so i would worry about any match up. my preference would be jets, kc and kc in the afc championship then chicago in the superbowl. my perfect scenario.

It's simple.

Belichick is best against teams he's seen already that year.

Therefore, we want the Jets the most...

then the Colts, Ravens, Steelers in no particular order...

then the Chiefs. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back