PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

the BEST patriot player in our history ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoLewisrocks said:
If Bledsoe were still behind Center Hannah would win hands down. :rolleyes:

And as great as our HC and ownership are, if Bledsoe were still behind Center Belichick could just as easily be coaching or coordinating elsewhere. And in the wake of the new CBA and given our inabliity to win a championship while paying massive debt service for a new state of the art stadium, the Krafts could easily be shopping the franchise in the $700M range even as we speak.

It's Brady hands down.

After his initial 5-11 season, I am not sure if Belichick could have survived another losing season.

We are no longer talking about a HOF coach. We are talking about unemployed coach.

I believe Bob Kraft flew alone to Montana and offered Bledsoe the $100M contract, bypassing Belichick and Pioli in the process. This certainly didn't bode well for Belichick and Pioli.

I believe if we had another 5-11 or worse record, Belichick would suffer the same fate as Pete Carroll.

Last edited:
Brady, hands down!

RayClay said:
Sorry for Brady backers, but it has to be John Hannah.

Without a great running back, we set the single season record for rushing and had a great running game every year because of him.

Wait, isn't the ultimate goal to win Superbowls?!?!? if so, then it is BRADY handsdown!

Love Hannah, LOVE him, but sorry, 9/23/01 is the best day in this franchises history. Not because of the serious injury Bledsoe suffered, but from that day on the Patriots went from being a Pinto to a Porsche!

D-cleater said:
We are blaming the loss to Denver on lack of a running game?

Thats just as ridiculous as you defending your argument by suggesting over and over that anyone who disagrees with you wasn't a fan before 2001. :rolleyes:

" Gee, I'm such a long time fan, I say Plunkett was the best player ever!!! yeah, thats it ! "

Well I'll blame it on Brady if that makes you feel better.

RayClay said:

no problem with singling him out as the reason we lost that game. Just make sure we're consistent and single him out as the reason we win.

personally, I give credit to Champ for making a hell of a play. Most Pats fans aren't going to look at it that way.

I can tell by your avatar that you're a longtimer...let me just say that for me, a greater appreciation for the history of the franchise/game gives me an even deeper appreciation for what is going on right now.

RayClay said:

no problem with singling him out as the reason we lost that game. Just make sure we're consistent and single him out as the reason we win.

personally, I give credit to Champ for making a hell of a play (there are "offensive picks" and "defensive picks" and that was clearly a defensive pick). Most Pats fans aren't going to look at it that way.

I can tell by your avatar that you're a longtimer...let me just say that for me, a greater appreciation for the history of the franchise/game gives me an even deeper appreciation for what is going on right now.

Just hate to think we could be taking any of this run for granted.

Last edited:
Brady, no question...and he is not done yet

I think Hannah and Brady have to be pretty close. I break the tie by which one I'd rather have on my team. The QB wins that contest.

Brady is the HoF QB, consummate teammate, hardest worker, team leader, represents the team with class on and off the field. I'd have a tough time giving Brady up for any player in NFL History.

Hannah? Haynes? What no votes for Marty Barrett,Dennis Johnson,Spike owen?Look lets not make sentimental picks here.Who can ever forget John Hannah hoisting all those Lombardis? The answer is Brady .Moving on.....

the taildragger said:

personally, I give credit to Champ for making a hell of a play (there are "offensive picks" and "defensive picks" and that was clearly a defensive pick). Most Pats fans aren't going to look at it that way.

Just hate to think we could be taking any of this run for granted.

My point is, I was kidding. It's a team game. When you have problems with the line and RB, a QB will try to do it all himself and mistakes often result.

Comparing players at different positions is apples and oranges.

In my opinion, no offensive lineman had as much of a ripple effect on the team as Hannah did.

No QB has had as great a start to his career as Brady.

I'm sure if you never saw those teams, you would say, "how can an Offensive Lineman impact the game like that".

I wouldn't blame you, I felt the same way until I saw some isolation tapes of him and know the journeyman backs who contributed to the highest single season rushing total.

I think Brady's the best QB in football. BB is the best coach.

I think as a 40+ year Pats fan I'm still entitled to an opinion.

SuperPatriot33 said:
Hannah? Haynes? What no votes for Marty Barrett,Dennis Johnson,Spike owen?Look lets not make sentimental picks here.Who can ever forget John Hannah hoisting all those Lombardis? The answer is Brady .Moving on.....

Guess that brain transplant didn't work out, huh?

Drewwho said:
Wait, isn't the ultimate goal to win Superbowls?!?!? if so, then it is BRADY handsdown!

Love Hannah, LOVE him, but sorry, 9/23/01 is the best day in this franchises history. Not because of the serious injury Bledsoe suffered, but from that day on the Patriots went from being a Pinto to a Porsche!

Well, Joe Andruzzi won Super Bowls, so I guess he's better than Hannah.:rolleyes:

NEM said:
Please do not take this personal, but this is one of my pet peeves.

Why do people say "offensive" guard.

There is no such thing as a "defensive" guard.

Just "guard" is adequate, IMO.

Could be a nose guard you freakin' nitpicker.:D

RayClay said:
Well, Joe Andruzzi won Super Bowls, so I guess he's better than Hannah.:rolleyes:

You finally get it!

RayClay said:
Could be a nose guard you freakin' nitpicker.:D

Actually, nose guards and inside D tackles used to be referred to as defensive guards.

Drewwho said:
You finally get it!
Andruzzi was a qb?Quarterback is the most important position Then maybe running back.So seeing the pats have had no spectacular running back that won us Lombardis the answer is Brady.

SuperPatriot33 said:
I think you people make trolls by pissing people off.

Trolls are born, not made.

Thanks for listing unrelated players in other sports that played more than 5 years ago.

Really added to the discussion.:rolleyes:

Random Thoughts

It has to be Brady but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Grogan. I loved the way he move away from everyone on the sidelines, sit on his helmet and pout. Also he once spat at Mean Joe Green and I think that deserves props.

I also loved Randy Vataha.

The Pats really need to do a ring of fame thing so fans can walk around it an get all sentimental.

Hannah was better when he had Leon Gray (RIP) beside him.

Does anyone know what ever happened to Tony Eason?

NEM said:
But it has not been like that for along, long time. When the word "guard" is mentioned in football today, it is obvious that the reference is to the offensive line. Adding the word "offensive" is a redundancy. Of course, this is all in my very HUMBLE opinion, which sometimes is considered "offensive." :)

Or redundant.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back