Welcome to PatsFans.com

The best of Biden

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Triumph, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    I like Biden ... behind the scenes they say he knows his stuff.

But when there is a camera on him ---- Oh Boy :scared:
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

Imaging the village idiot as President.... :rolleyes::eek:
  4. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

5. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The guy is hilarious on camera. Not as bad as Menino, but close.

I think he's a moron when talking about Education though. He said faculty salaries were the biggest reason behind soaring tuition costs.

Hint hint, Biden, 2/3 of professors are adjuncts making sub-20k a year with no benefits. It's the Staff and management salaries and all the bull**** programs and departments to deal with raising 18 year olds who get less mature and dumber with every passing generation.

At my school there were dozens of little departments and programs to help kids who were homesick, couldn't study, didn't know how to study, etc etc...
  6. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

7. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I like Joe Biden personally. I think he'd be awesome to have at a BBQ, or on some mancation weekend with the boys. He's like a college crazy. Still, he's a moron when you consider the office he holds.

They said the same things about Dan Quayle. Joe Biden doesn't look scared in front of a camera. Sarah Palin looked unconfortable in front of one for sure. Now, with Joe and his gaffes it's just joe being joe, and he's really "smaht" when the camera's not there. What else are they going to say.

Look at the University of Massachusetts. You have to go all the way to page 116 to find the first sub $100,000 salary. Maybe Joe isn't as stupid as you and I think.

Your tax dollars at work: State Payroll - BostonHerald.com

I find it, well expected actually, but hypocritical to say the least, that with other tickets we constantly here (or heard) about how the VP on the ticket was a "heart beat" away from the presidency, as if to suggest how scary a prop that would be. Yet with this clown, we never, ever hear that from those same people. Just Joe being Joe you know.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  8. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yes, but notice the titles. The professors hold very few of those 100k spots relatively. Look at them - most of them are Vice Provosts and other administrative positions. And coaches.

A professor making 100k is not a big deal anyway - PhD holders certainly are deserving of that salary. But the rest of them? Heh.

Anyway those are the tenured ones. The bulk of professors are the 20k wage slaves.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

Biden would be great in one of the old time "Minstrel Shows" I'd love to see him Tap Dancing.
  10. JackBauer

JackBauer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Last I heard Republicans don't debate Democrats in primaries. Biden had one good line ( "noun/verb/9/11) that likely somebody else wrote for him in a Democratic debate when Rudy was not present. Thanks but whether you agree or disagree with Rudy's politics, the man was a well respected Federal Prosecutor and when it comes to smarts, I'll take him over the current VP.
  12. JackBauer

JackBauer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

No kidding? Thanks for that clarification.

Of course, what he said about Giuliani is absolutely spot on. Don't know much of what Rudy is up to these days after he flopped spectacularly in the primaries. Still, it's good to know he's clinging on to whatever relevance he can grasp at this point.
  13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

One has to also factor in the retirement pensions which are much more generous than what is seen in the private sector.
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I find that "fact" pretty hard to believe, unless you're counting all those grad student teacher assistants working towards their doctorates as "professors."

Do you have any sort of link to back up that claim?
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

What in the world are you talking about here, Jack? Do you ever get tired of demonstrating to the group just how ignorant you are?
  16. JackBauer

JackBauer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

What I'm talking about is patently obvious, particularly if you read the subsequent posts. Biden tore Giuliani a new one, and it came during a debate. If you want to troll...err...feign ignorance and assume I was implying the two were debating each other, feel free to do so.

Speaking of ignorance, shall we revisit the polling outlier debate :)
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Jack, if I misunderstood you, it's really not a big deal. Nothing more than an honest miscommunication.

However, I should point out that, after reading more posts in this thread, it turns out I wasn't the only one who misunderstood what you meant. So when 2 people responded to you, and both misunderstood what you meant, you look really silly saying "What I'm talking about is patently obvious."

Jack, really. You really do look a lot less silly saying "Hey, I misspoke, my bad - here's what I actually meant...." than you do blaming everyone else.
  18. JackBauer

JackBauer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Well, the subsequent poster understood precisely what I meant. But, point taken. I'll try and keep things simple for you in the future.
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

What in the world are you talking about Jack? There have been no other "subsequent posters". 2 people - and so far only 2 people - responded to your post which said "His ass is probably still chapped from Biden fileting him in the 2008 primary debates." (PF13 posted a response to Doc which had nothing to do with you).

Both of those 2 people - 1 of whom was me - misunderstood what you claim you were trying to say.

Seriously, Jack. I'm being your friend here and giving you good advice. You only make a total fool of yourself when you are so clearly in the wrong yet blaming others for your own misstatement. Saying "I misspoke, I should have been more clear, my bad, here's what I was trying to say" is really nothing to be ashamed of.

Maybe someday you'll grow up and understand how admitting an obvious mistake makes you look much less foolish than blaming everyone else for your own shortcomings.

:rofl: :rofl: Who is this phantom "subsequent poster" who knew what you were talking about, Jack? :rofl: :rofl:
  20. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/20/education/20adjunct.html/?pagewanted=all

There's a lot on the subject.

Personal anecdote, I didn't meet any 'real' professors until I was well into the 4000 level classes.
  21. JackBauer

JackBauer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

First of all, you don't count as I'm quite sure you were aware of the line in question, and this is simply the usual troll...err...willful ignorance routine.

So, yeah, there was the snarky line, but he knew exactly the quote I was referring to. As did you, I'm sure, but it's quite clear you were/are doing your usual troll...err...willful ignorance routine.

As I said, I'm sorry the implication was too vague for you to apprehend, and I will be sure to use more simple and direct language in the future.
  22. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

OK, and where's the part that says they are making less than $20k per year, which is what you claimed?
    Well, I had real, tenured professors from day 1 (that's "tenured" - not "tenure track"). I guess that's a function of the fact that I was taking advanced classes and apparently you were not.
  23. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I guess we interpret his remarks differently.
    Well, speaking clearly and making clear, concise points is a sign of intelligent critical thinking. So it's little wonder you have difficulty doing those things.

And now, as is so often the case, your childlike mind refuses to rest until you have the last word, so go for it sparky!
  24. JackBauer

JackBauer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You'll forgive me if I shrug off your personal attacks, considering they come from an ostensibly grown man who gets his jollies troll...err...being willfully ignorant on a message board.
  25. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

http://www.academicworkforce.org/CAW_portrait_2012.pdf

Media $/course is around $3000, usually less. Average workload is 2-3 courses a semester, usually between different institutions. You can do the math.

Little to no benefits is the norm.

Molecular Cell Biology. I guess you were taking upper level classes in whatever your major as a first semester freshman. That's impressive!

At university, we have to take introductory classes before we are let into high level courses. We must be an odd case!
  26. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Doc, now you're talking about part-time employees. Part time. How much do you think someone who comes in and teaches one class per semester (because they have a full time job doing something else) should be paid??!

According to the following link, full time adjuncts are making anywhere in the range of $50k to $70k. That's less money than I'd be happy with, but certainly well above the poverty line. Not to mention you only work roughly 32 weeks per year.

Adjunct Faculty Salary | Indeed.com
    You know, I never really considered it all that impressive since it was just me being me, but hey if you're impressed then I guess that's a good thing.
  27. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Because instead of hiring 1 tenure professor they hire 3 non-tenured adjuncts. The crime isn't paying adjuncts low, but blocking their ability to become full-time by making 3 adjuncts work 1 class per semester at 3 different institutions at 3 classes per semester than simply hiring one tenured professor to work all those classes at one institution.

Why? Keeps the administrators from having to pay the professors. The adjuncts work full-time by doing multiple part time jobs at different places!

But that's the thing. Full-time adjuncts are an oddity. Anyway, Indeed's salaries are based on those posted on its job posting website. It's sort of like monster.com

It doesn't do a national survey. Schools don't put up $2000/class assignments on Indeed.

I'm just impressed by your ability to get into upper level classes without taking the prerequisites. :confused:

Sounds fishy is all.
  28. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Doc, no one is forcing anybody to be an adjunct professor. Those people are perfectly free to pursue other professions.

Universities, like every single other business, are going to hire a labor force for as little money as they can get away with doing. If the adjuncts are unhappy with their pay, get into another job field.
    Like I said, I never really considered it all that impressive but it is what it is. Sometimes I forget to be thankful for the gifts I have been given.
  29. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    Also ... one more Biden thing.

got to give him some props for his debate with Palin.
    Seriously that he could do that, be polite and not bust out laughing had to be hard as hell.
    Maybe he popped a happy pill or something ... not many people could have pulled it off so politely.
  30. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -2

My Jersey: