PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

the beginning of the end??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I garuantee if BB leaves that we can coax Charlie out of Notre Damne though

Worse and worse every time...

PATS 1
Believe it or not, I think this kid is really a Pats fan. He is just messed up in the head by the NY media and speaks JESTIC as his primary language. Poor kid. Needs to clear his head of all the polluted infestation he hears from the NY media every day.

This offseason reminds me more of 2003 than the beginning of the end. Colvin was one of the biggest prizes and we got him with a value deal (just like Thomas). We signed Harrison and Poole which were both considered big signings at the time. We were just as active in free agency that season as we are now.

This offseason reminds me more of 2003 than the beginning of the end. Colvin was one of the biggest prizes and we got him with a value deal (just like Thomas). We signed Harrison and Poole which were both considered big signings at the time. We were just as active in free agency that season as we are now.

Yup. 2003 again. Which is why I said in my initial reply that in 2011, when BB/SP/TB retire.......

Yup. 2003 again. Which is why I said in my initial reply that in 2011, when BB/SP/TB retire.......

A 12-year career seems rather short for Brady.

Yeah, I have that feeling. It feels like they are building for another 3-4 year run. I mean, how much longer will BB coach? At some point he is going to retire or move on. I would love it if he stayed another 10 years, but I am not sure that's going to happen.

remember.....

the idea of Belicheck retiring if he wins another ring is still a good problem to have

BB&SP are not going anywhere sometime soon....They have everything they can ask for and more....It is the prefect sitution....You think after all they have prepared for have a level of excellance....They are going to say well it fun,but I want to turn the Radier into the new Patriots.....WRONG!!!!!

Yeah, but 5 rings, the hall of fame. whats left? Plus, the US senate beckons!:D

Yeah, I'd love to see Bill on the Senate floor with his cut-off Pats sweatshirt-in 2016!!!

Beginning of the end? Hardly. More like the end of the beginning, much to the dismay of trolls and fans of other teams across the league.

Does anybody have a theory as to what BB would like to do OTHER than coach?

Become a fashion model, perhaps?

His father coached for the fun of it into the last year of his life, well into his 80s. What would BB do EXCEPT coach?

Yes. I have such a theory.

I think that what he would really like to do is coach coaches. That's to say, if some position were created such as "NFL Director of Coaching", where he gets to run coaches' clinics, camps and workshops I think that he could be tempted away. What he really likes is watching, planning and thinking about football with people who really know what they are talking about. Obviously, being a Head Coach in the NFL allows him to do this but it involves other stuff (putting up with the meatheads in the Press) that he doesn't like as much.

But I don't see that happening any time soon. If there is one thing that we have learned from last season (if we didn't know it already) it is that BILL BELICHICK DOES NOT LIKE LOSING!

I think BB and Pioli realized they let too much go last year without trying hard enough to replace it. I think they thought Branch wouldn't do what he did, and they felt singed by it. Decided "never again", and are now going at it with a vengeance.

Good on 'em.

//

I don't think BB would retire, because he is still not really all that old. I don't think many of us know for certain if BB's current contract has him locked up, outside of this year, so who knows. I really hope he stays around for at least another five years.

It is clear to me that a high percentage of board members suffer from a bipolar disorder of biblical proportions.

One minute there is dancing and cheering and joyful carryings on about this or that free agent-hero signing. Posts are full of happy expectation of successful coming seasons and sure superbowl victories, only to be followed in quick succession by dour predictions of the whole shebang collapsing in a heap as the messiah of NE, BB himself folds his tent and leaves the wailing multitudes downcast, leaderless and winless for another forty years.

Jeeez! Get a grip, willya?

I cant see BB retiring,I mean,really,what would he do?The guy lives and breathes football.....he might want to try another team eventually (hopefully in the distant future) or even go to a college team some time(???)but I cant see him retiring at this stage.My 2 cents.

I think BB and Pioli realized they let too much go last year without trying hard enough to replace it. I think they thought Branch wouldn't do what he did, and they felt singed by it. Decided "never again", and are now going at it with a vengeance.

Good on 'em.

//

I don't think it is that BB and Pioli weren't on the case last year. The difference is that they waited until things had settled with the players who were uncertain before taking steps to replace them. Perhaps they didn't expect to lose them. Perhaps they were being too accommodating to the players and their agents. Who knows?

Anyway, contrast this season. Samuel? No waiting around, BANG, franchised. Graham? Replacement signed before Graham has signed elsewhere. Dillon? Banta-Cain? Likewise.

I think that the change is that they were determined NOT to wait until their options were limited.

Good on 'em -- I agree!

I see it more as "the Brady years" than about the coach. You don't want to waist any opportunities when you have a QB of this caliber in his prime. See Denver and Elway and especially Miami and Marino.

This is really a stupid thread, unworthy of a board about the Patriots. If you follow this team at all, it's obvious that there's an ebb and flow to free agent signings, based on what the management team thinks is the right course of action. They're not always right, of course, but the approach is consistent. "Making one last run", etc. is idiotic.

Present ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back