PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The beginning of the end has begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: With Friends Like These...

fans like us(i guess sometimes i do it too) pay too much attention to what was said and by who.

i dont belive it is such a big issue for Revis or anyone else.
Revis is a professional player and an adult,what ever someone said about him will not change how he feels,what he wants or how he will get it.
if Revis cant handle what people say about him or about the team then he has other things to worry about,there are other situations with more pressure during football and life.

the media will allways try to make something out of nothing,if Revis has something inside his head then he must know that all the talk means nothing.

it doesnt matter what Jenkins said,doesnt matter what Lombardi said,its all talk.

the only thing that matters is what happen in the meeting room between Revis agent and Jets managment and none of us knows whats going on in there.

You should change your screen name to Ostrich.

Nice case study in how not to operate a winning franchise going on down there...

They have 40 years experience down there.

Someone else quipped, the Jets on Hard Knocks will be like watching the Titanic leaving dry land.

I gotta hand it to the Jets- 40 years later and they're still finding new and impressive ways to build up the hype, collapse under it, and disappoint their fans.

fans like us(i guess sometimes i do it too) pay too much attention to what was said and by who.

Revis is a professional player and an adult,what ever someone said about him will not change how he feels,what he wants or how he will get it.
if Revis cant handle what people say about him or about the team then he has other things to worry about,there are other situations with more pressure during football and life.

the media will allways try to make something out of nothing,if Revis has something inside his head then he must know that all the talk means nothing.

it doesnt matter what Jenkins said,doesnt matter what Lombardi said,its all talk.

the only thing that matters is what happen in the meeting room between Revis agent and Jets managment and none of us knows whats going on in there.

The problem for the Jesters is that Ryan promised Revis the biggest contract for a defensive player that anyone has ever seen.

Revis didn't ask for it. He was told he deserves it.

A request to the forum...

Could someone who gets HBO (yes, I am a thrifty Scot) please post an in depth episode review of each Hard segment? Your comedic analysis would be greatly appreciated folks.

That locker room will implode before the season begins with all the 'look at me'
personalities they have accumulated. Although it will be rich to see Mr Classy
sitting on the sidelines pouting in his dark visor and green and white uni's while
a second year guy gets the majority of carries.

I guess when Rexy was told about Team Chemistry being important, he thought they said Team Cancer was immportant to the team.

That sasposra be "by whoM" up there. As a rule, pretty much whenever yer askin' 'bout sumpthin' done by somebody, "whom" always follows the "by".

Cut me some slack, yer like the only guy 'round her with less seniority, so you gotta carry my helmet & pads back from practice today. lol.

Apparently Revis failed to show for his conditioning test this AM. He won't officially be deemed a holdout until 5:30PM. The watch is on. HBO is on tenderhooks...

Breer tweeted enroute to JETS camp (he's on a camp tour which may be more enlightening for him than hanging around here rehashing Brady's contract situation) that JETS fans are ripping the team on the airwaves for not getting Revis extended...

It sucks but you've got to pay elite players their money. That is just the reality of the NFL. There is no loyalty as far as the almighty dollar is concerned, there's only - where's MINE? Some players equate this to respect or feeding their family. Whatever, bottom line it is greed. But this country's economy is built on greed. So I just don't bother getting pissed that a guy wants more money, unless it is clear that he's not an elite player. Then I'd say go find it somewhere else. It is clear that Brady and Revis are elite players in the league. They will get paid. End of story.

It is not clear to me that Mankins is an elite player deserving of the money, he's certainly not as good as Jahri Evans and should not be expecting that kind of money. He has already been tagged, so he has no power except to sit out the season and miss out on millions. Dumb move, but if he wants to do it, go for it dude. The Pats will win without you. Have fun sitting on your sofa and eating donuts while the Pats play football in 2010.

This is going to be a fun season.:D

Looks like Kyle Wilson will fit right in. His first tweet after signing:

I'm a millionaire!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter / Kyle Wilson: I'm a millionaire!!!!!!!!! ...

Compared to McCourty:
Thanks to everyone for sending the congratz tweets

Meanwhile Spikes on Twitter is full of team enthusiasm:
its impossible to not have pride when youre on the PATS
everyday we work closer to the title
pats brah. i'm excited
And you've gotta like this one:
i'm a leader, not a follower!! LOL

Breer tweeted enroute to JETS camp (he's on a camp tour which may be more enlightening for him than hanging around here rehashing Brady's contract situation) that JETS fans are ripping the team on the airwaves for not getting Revis extended...

I saw that tweet. Given what Breer has written re: Brady recently, I felt like his point was that Jets fans support their stars, unlike us sycophant Pats fans who toe the management line.

I just think we have a lot of confidence in the professionalism of both the team and Brady, and this constant reading between the lines some media is annoying. If the Pats ran everything erratically and on emotion like the Jets do, I think we would be more anxious about Brady and the outcry would be similar.

It sucks but you've got to pay elite players their money. That is just the reality of the NFL. There is no loyalty as far as the almighty dollar is concerned, there's only - where's MINE? Some players equate this to respect or feeding their family. Whatever, bottom line it is greed. But this country's economy is built on greed. So I just don't bother getting pissed that a guy wants more money, unless it is clear that he's not an elite player. Then I'd say go find it somewhere else. It is clear that Brady and Revis are elite players in the league. They will get paid. End of story.

It is not clear to me that Mankins is an elite player deserving of the money, he's certainly not as good as Jahri Evans and should not be expecting that kind of money. He has already been tagged, so he has no power except to sit out the season and miss out on millions. Dumb move, but if he wants to do it, go for it dude. The Pats will win without you. Have fun sitting on your sofa and eating donuts while the Pats play football in 2010.

Sure, Revis certainly qualifies as an elite player, maybe tthe best at his position. But the guy has 3 YEARS left on his contract. 3 YEARS! And it's a contract he held out for the first time. How about honoring the deal? To me, the guy's a greedy pig. I love how Jest fans are squirming all over this.

McCourty and Spikes are just homers!

:bricks:

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Either you didn't read the article or you didn't comprehend. Jenkins said the team could win without Revis.

There is a world of difference between, "No one is indespensible," and "We don't need Revis to win."

Even then, it wouldn't matter if a mediot said it, but it was Revis's team-mate who said it.

And if you think talk doesn't matter, go tell your wife, "Damn, you've been getting fatter every day. You look like a bloated pig. I should've married [fill in ex-girlfriend's name]. She looks a lot better than you."

Then tell me that words don't matter.

Jenkins might have been thinking about himself here. Because he's dead wrong. That defense got to number one in a HUGE part due to Revis. Without him they'd be in deep ****.

It's not a fair analysis of what he's saying. When Jenkins got hurt, many believed that we wouldn't be the same defense without Jenkins. As it turned out, we were the number one defense. I think all Jenkins is saying is that it wouldn't necessarily mean the end of the Jets defense because of one man. His absence proved that. Say what you will about Jenkins, when he's not injured, he's par with the best NT's in the league, if not better than most.

However, I admit, Welker would become an even bigger threat minus Revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes