Welcome to PatsFans.com

The beging of the end of Iran?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Jun 13, 2009.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I've been waiting for an uprising in Iran since 1979. The average age of the population is mid twenties i believe, (27) and want closer ties to the West. They've been chaffing under the rule of the Ayatolas, could this be the begining of the end? Hopfully the seed of discontent have been sown, and Iran will no longer be run by hard core religious fanatics.
    I don't believe Ahmadinejad got over 60% of the vote after seeing the rallies in the days leading up to the election. IMO the vote was rigged. Obviously only time will tell if the opposition to the hard-liners will be strong enough to topple the government. One can draw parallels to Hungary, Poland, Czechoslovakia, and Germany.

Protests Greet Ahmadinejad Win in Iran: 'It's Not Possible!' - TIME

Protests Greet Ahmadinejad Win in Iran: 'It's Not Possible!'

Iran's Interior Minister announced Saturday that incumbent president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had won 63.29% of the vote in the nation's closely watched presidential poll. The announcement, greeted with widespread skepticism by Iranian opposition supporters and by foreign analysts, has brought thousands of people onto the streets where they have encountered a strong police presence and the threat of violence.

Rumors of vote rigging had been flying for hours before the official announcement......
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +325 / 3 / -13

I also hope their citizens revolt against Ahmadinejad and the religious rule. So many of these countries with sharia law want their citizens to remain in the middle ages...except on the military front.

People can only be kept down for so long...let us hope it is the people of Iran's time for change.
  3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -9

We can hope for that, but my understanding is they are peeved that their votes are being thrown out and that (at this juncture,) it's not about throwing out Sharia law, but about being heard in the political process.

But I could see it going there fast. Interesting times indeed.

PFnV
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +325 / 3 / -13

Yes, very iinteresting. It's also nice to see that the people of Iran can still view the US as a nation worth building relations with despite much of the recent so-called evils committed by our gov't.
  5. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

All of these folks up above must have really hoped for "change". The reality is that Iran is a perpetual state in conflict. I wonder why? Everyone on the left knows whats right for this faction and that faction. Oh, gee would'nt utopia be nice. The reality is that conflict and strife sharpen the mind and the spirit and "change" , is the progression of interspection.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +872 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

It's the jeans ... remember when America was associated with wearing jeans, drinking Coke, and McDonalds. The finer things in life.