PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The beautiful thing about regular season football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterlifemobile-86

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
In 2001 a very average New England team lost a week 10 match up to the greatest show on turf.....

In 2007 the New York Giants lost a close week 17 match up to the "Perfect Patriots" and limped into the playoffs at 10-6.....

It's called adjustments guys and they CAN be made throughout the season. Yeah this loss sucks and it's by far the worst of the year and now what's even worse is going to be the inevitable Colts-Saints SB match up hype that will start this week. The thought of Pay-me Manning and the Colts playing for a second title sickens me especially because I live only 60 miles away from Dolphin stadium. However, nothing is set in stone. Yea, this team has really dropped the ball when it counts this year but lets just watch them finish 12-4 and see what the playoffs bring in. RELAX!!!!!!!!!

In 2001 a very average New England team lost a week 10 match up to the greatest show on turf.....

In 2007 the New York Giants lost a close week 17 match up to the "Perfect Patriots" and limped into the playoffs at 10-6.....

It's called adjustments guys and they CAN be made throughout the season. Yeah this loss sucks and it's by far the worst of the year and now what's even worse is going to be the inevitable Colts-Saints SB match up hype that will start this week. The thought of Pay-me Manning and the Colts playing for a second title sickens me especially because I live only 60 miles away from Dolphin stadium. However, nothing is set in stone. Yea, this team has really dropped the ball when it counts this year but lets just watch them finish 12-4 and see what the playoffs bring in. RELAX!!!!!!!!!

umm, this wasnt close.....and we have now lost to BOTH the undefeated teams....

that was bad, real bad

sure we can come back from it...but that was horrible

I agree. The team will have the chance to make adjustments and prepare for the playoffs as the season goes on. Just because they lost to a team in the regular season doesn't mean they'll lose again in the post-season. Just make the playoffs

You see I would agree with you but the thing is we were underdogs when we lost to the Rams in 01, we should have won that game. The Giants basicaly exposed our weakness in 07. Thats the game they used to gain momentum, the showed that they could hang in their with the top dog in the NFL. We just got BEAT DOWN, the only positive that came out of this is Maroney ran hard.

both those teams had good players on D. That issomething which is missed.

We have good players on D in fairness. Granted not in terms of pass rush, and granted they're not being utilised as well as they might be.

Ok, you're right never mind. So you guys think the Sox have a shot at landing Halladay this off-season?....:confused:

Last edited:
It would be nice if it weren't Wilfork (and sometimes Wright) against the entire line.

We have good players on D in fairness. Granted not in terms of pass rush, and granted they're not being utilised as well as they might be.

well..we can blame pees all you want. but its different with vrabel,rbuschi,samuel,seymour,ty law to name a few. this team has two very good players in wilfork and mayo. merriweather is up and down and nowhere near rodney's playmaking ability.Rest is all patchwork.

Ok, you're right never mind. So you guys think the Sox have a shot at landing Halladay this off-season?....:confused:

Lets hope so.

Unless we see a different coaching approach, this Patriots team is what it is. One and done or divisional round at best.

This game was bad, definitely. But after the Colts game a few weeks ago I am feeling pretty good as far as losses go. THAT was an abomination... this was just a spanking. It happens

Last edited:
I agree that all that really matters in the regular season is winning the division, or at worst the wildcard.

HOWEVER, my concern this year is that I have less confidence in the ability of this team to make adjustments than with any team since before Kraft arrived.

I agree. The team will have the chance to make adjustments and prepare for the playoffs as the season goes on. Just because they lost to a team in the regular season doesn't mean they'll lose again in the post-season. Just make the playoffs

The 2008 Steelers lost to the Titans 31-14.

The 2007 Giants got stomped on by the Vikings 41-17 and Green Bay 35 - 13.

The 2006 Colts were decimated by the Jaguars 44-17.

The 2005 Steelers fell to the Colts 29-7.

Superbowl teams and good defenses lose games. Obviously our team has problems, but what team doesn't? Sometimes good teams just get decimated.

Last edited:

Superbowl teams and good defenses lose games. Obviously our team has problems, but what team doesn't? Sometimes good teams just get decimated.

And the Patriots got stomped by the Steelers, close to literally, with multiple severe injuries.

Last edited:

:agree: We are so used with domination that we have forgotten what it was like being spanked by another team. It's not the end of the world. This was the first game in a long time where we were dominated so thoroughly with Brady behind the line. Perhaps it will bring us down to earth and start working on the other aspect of the game. I seem to recall Brady able to spread the ball around with a no name receivers. Perhaps this will make them start utilizing everyone on the team again?? Well, ok, I am just looking for anything positive here :D But compare to all the Lions' fans around here, I can tell you that we are still wayyyy better off ;)

Nice try and I basically agree with the sentiment, but the Pats were competitive in the 2001 Rams game in Foxboro, losing by a TD. Let's face it, after the INT we weren't really competitive last night. Still, the 2007 Giants are a good role model here. They were 9--5 after a big loss to the Redskins in December.

I haven't given up by any means, but I am doing a little "expectation setting" for myself.

Is it possible to be humiliated and come back and beat great teams? Yes, it is possible. Does this team have what it takes to do it? I see no sign of that. I do see pretty consistently: lack of pass rush, inability to cover without it, no penetration or big plays on D, coaching schemes that appear to be pulled from a hat at random, unimaginative play calling. Assuming they see these problems, they have been unable to make any progress through 11 games. They need to change some pretty fundamental things pretty fast.

Last nights game was NOT the Superbowl in NO. No hoisting of V L Trophy or a Mardi Gras type parade . It was a regular season game.

With that said it was a CRUCIAL reg season game for playoff seedings. It also exposed our weaknesses or should I say confirmed. Its not all lost. If anybody can turn this around and make adjustments its BB. We've seen Pats teams be mediocre and be Champions. Lets start by taking care of Dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes