Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Beat Goes on

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, that has to do with American Idol much more than it has to do with Fox news. You could say Fox is taking the lead in spite of their news programming, not because of it.

3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Maybe, maybe not. As they say in Patriots' land: a win is a win. And right now, Fox is on a roll.

//

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I wonder where News Hour and Frontline came in?
    This country is in big trouble culturally and intellectually.

Gotta go...Idol's on soon!

5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Idol is classic Americana, simple and down-to-earth, keeping with the "America is young" theme.

News Hour and Frontline are both highly professional, well-crafted, well-researched and sourced -- for as far as they go (esp. Frontline). Their downsides are considerable: both are hampered by a decidedly secularist p.o.v. Frontline, in particular, for all of it's intelligence and go-get-'em research, has a clear bias against things spiritual.

//

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so any kind of journalism that reports disfavorably against your interests is somehow "clearly biased?"... get a clue... what was biased about Frontline's report exposing the Christian fundamentalism movement in America? just the story itself? it was among their best pieces.... you praise the series as "highly professional" and then pan it for being biased in the next breath... gosh that's mildly contradictory, don't you think? ... begs the question, do you even know what you think, or just what you FEEL?

you wouldn't know what objective journalism meant if Ben Bradlee or the 60 Minutes team came over and taught you a full semester's lesson on the subject... "as far as you go"... lol...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

Fox programming and Fox News are two different things, if you want to see the actual news ratings go to:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/

They give a pretty good breakdown of what is going on, particularly amongst the news shows.

8. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You know your beliefs are crazy when even Fox won't go along with them.

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're right, I was far too generous in saying that these people are "professional". They are professional in the sense that Joseph Mengele was a professional physician.

Ben Bradlee and the WashPast, as well as the NY Times, both lied through their teeth on many occasions, but none worse than on September 19, 1976, when they said only "25,000" (Post) or "30,000" (Times) had attended a world rally at Washington Monument, a rally that actually drew over 300,000 to see and hear Father Moon speak.

http://www.reverendsunmyungmoon.org/life_biography.html

//

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i know i'm right... "there'll be no reason for you to tell me i'm right, Starles... we'll just assume it"

but it is good to see you flip-flopping when it comes to a subject you clearly know nothing about...

exposure!!! get the exclusive here!!

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

I've never watched a single episode of American Idol. Not interested.

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

[​IMG]

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

Excellent point. They are different.

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

Liberals, Democrats and Left Wing Looines don't like Fox because Fox tells us all the things that the Liberal Democrats and the Left Wing Loonies don't want us to hear. (how many times do I have to tell you people this)

The American people want to hear the whole story.

We are no longer trapped or forced to watch CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, NY Times, LA Times, Boston Globe etc,etc, for years the Liberals have had these biased dishonest news outlets and preached their one sided views to us.
    Now the people have one little outlet (FOX) that tells the whole story and the Left Wing is going insane.
    Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Choice is truly great, it is what the Liberal always preaches.

Go Get Em Fox, you report then we the people will decide that is the way it should be done, the day of the Nazi Type of "we will only tell you what we want you to know days" are over.

THE "COMRADE CRONKITE" DAYS ARE NO MORE----WELCOME MR FOX
    :bricks:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

witty... cept i can point to blatant and documented bias and agenda at Faux Snooze... everything from quotes from former employees to inner-office memos by John Moody...

can you provide anything revealed about Frontline's series, whereby there's undoubtedly a bias going on as directed by the higher-ups at PBS? or will people merely point to the fact that their funding was cut last year?

make no mistake, i know a great deal more about American journalism and objective reporting than you... bank on it...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

All you've exposed is my attempt to give credit where apparently it is not due, even by your own admission. My bad. Won't happen again. Bank on it.

The left wing press is "professional" in reporting the news the way Joseph Mengele was a "professional" doctor: experimenting on and then killing the ones they are supposed to serve.

Just because someone "knows a lot" does not in any way mean they are using that knowledge for a good purpose. Knowledge is not king; doing the right thing is king.

//

17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the only thing i "admitted" was that you don't know what you're talking about 95% of the time... have you seen those ESPN commercials were the guy is literally talking out of his ass? ... when i see those ads, i think of you, Fog

18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I wonder just how much Fox's rise can be attributed to the rise in internet use? Are they rising in the rankings because the other networks are losing 'eyeballs' to the net? Perhaps the average Fox viewer ain't quite smart enough to navigate past the start menu and therefore Fox is suffering less losses than everyone else? Last time I checked network TV in general wasn't too far behind newspapers on the march towards obscurity.

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:rofl:

Damn! You must watch a lot of TV!!

Have you considered standup?? You could be the new Don Rickles or Andrew Dice Clay.

You *admitted* that the limits of most liberal/left media, including your bed-mates, the Boston Glob, Rolling Bone, and False-Front-line, are that their professionalism ends where their ever-active bias begins, which is soaked throughout their productions. Or, I should say: your pointing out my too generous assessment of the lib-left media quickly brought me back to this unfortunate reality. A "professional" is inherently neither good nor bad; it's how one uses one's professional skill that determines goodness or evil.

But, really, have you ever considered lithium or Prozac? I hear they works wonders in cases of hyperventilation.

//

20. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Another comedian. The Fox audience is the people who are just so sick of the monopolized point of view that the three networks and the rest of the Old Media represent. These folks, all graduates of the modern priesthood of J-school, PressCoverage being exhibit A, that sees all through the lens of pure humanism, and uses the media to further that view.

Fox is saying: gee, maybe there's a different slant on things. Thus: viewers checking to see and hear what it is. And, lo, when they get to Fox what do they see: a net that does NOT blame America first (!!), does not put down America first (!!!), does not pretend to know more, do more, or be more than what they are: reporters checking out ALL THE ANGLES, looking for veracity, consistency, integrity, and other good qualities the Old Boys want everyone to believe they own the patent on.

Whoooops!! It's a New Day!!

:D

//