Welcome to PatsFans.com

The BB Q and A thread

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by ironwasp, Sep 4, 2007.

1. ironwasp

ironwasp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Our inimitable Head Coach has his own way of asking questions, and has become somewhat predictable over the years prompting one poster on the main board to remark yesterday that she's got to the point that she knows the answers word for before they are spoken.

This got me round to thinking how BB might answer questions entirely unrelated to football, and that that might make an interesting thread. ie one person asks the question, the next poster comes on in the guise of BB and answers, and then in turn asks their own question.

I'll kick off the questions:

Q: So coach, President George Bush has been visiting troops in Iraq this week. How would you assess the progress of the surge so far?
  2. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -1

A: It is what it is.
  3. ironwasp

ironwasp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

And your question is...
  4. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -1

Q: Coach, there are rumors you'll be participating in the TV reality show Big Brother 9? Can you confirm these reports?
  5. ironwasp

ironwasp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

A: We don't speculate on rumours here. We'll deal with facts. And when we have any facts, we'll be sure to pass on them,

Q: Coach, it's been reported that the 2005 vintage in Bordeaux is as good as any since 1945. What's your interpretation of the situation there?
  6. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +233 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

Well, I think that they've always had pretty good vintages there. Their record speaks for itself. They're tough and experienced, well prepared and do an excellent job with what they have. We don't get to drink them that often so I can't say whether it's the best ever, I don't want to get into that, but we have a lot of respect for them.

Q: Is it true that you always have your buttocks clenched tight when you answer questions at press conferences?
  7. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +497 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

A: No, it's a sore leg ... I'd say it's day to day.

Q: Coach, what do you tell your players about fraternizing with women the night before a game?
  8. ironwasp

ironwasp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I remember being told an insightful story about the famous 1956 Sudso Flakes Bowl between Virginia State and Texas Tech. A lot of you guys are way too young to remember this but at the time, Tech was coached by the great Moose Parker, who in many ways was well ahead of his time as a coach, as he was really the first coach to ban the consumption of alcohol and tobacco by players during the game. There was a lot of controversy about that at the time, but it's really been incorporated into football throughout the game from Pop Warner all the way to the NFL.

Anyway before that game a couple of Tech players were found to have gone to a drive in movie before that game, and Coach Parker was asked a number of questions about that indiscretion before the big game. And his response, to my mind, pretty much sums up how we do things here, and what we're trying to achieve here.

He said: "I'll talk about what happens on the pitch on Saturday night and nothing else."

Does that answer your question, Mike? No? Well, there you are. Next question please.

Q:Coach, do you believe that Matt Damon has fundamentally transformed the modern spy through his portrayal of Jason Bourne in the eponymous movie trilogy?
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Look (in a very exasperated tone, huge disgusted sigh) these guys are professionals on and off the field, does anyone have any questions about what happens on the field, if not see you next time .

Q. Could you comment on your townhouse in Brooklyn and that babe the press has caught you with??
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  10. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +497 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

A: (Leaps over podium in a screaming rage, grabbing questioner by the throat and wrestling him to the floor.) YOU STINKING B*STARD!!! I'LL RIP YOUR F*CKING HEAD OFF, C*CK S*CKING SONUVABEATCH!!!! (Composes himself and returns back to behind the podium while questioner chokes and coughs.) I ask that my private life be kept private and that this be respected, OK? I've got nothing more to add.

Q: Coach, how would you characterize your present relationship with Eric Mangini?
  11. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Well, you know {pause....} What can I say, It is what it is this point......... We'll just take it day by day and really the only thing we can do right now is to focus on the JETS, because they are an amazingly good football team. {looks off the other way and attempts not to bust out lauging}.

Q - Ummm, Coach. I see that Tom Brady's listed as questionable on the injury report for ike the 4th year straight. Are we to beleive that he really has an injured shoulder, or are you just fukcing with us?
  12. ironwasp

ironwasp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You know. Well. See. Tom's day to day with the shoulder thing. That's all I have to add.

Q: Coach, how about No-Hitter Buckholz eh? Would you say that kid had a future in the big league?
  13. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +497 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

A: Buckholz? Can't say I ever heard of him, who does he play for? If by no-hitter you mean he shies away from contact, no, I would not guess he has much of a future in this league.

Q: Bill, are you aware that your common response "It is what it is" has swept the nation and is now part of the American vernacular? What do you think about that?
  14. ironwasp

ironwasp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

A:What? It is, is it? Well, isn't that something? I guess you miss a lot when you spend 17 hours a day in the film room.

Q: Coach, how do you feel about the fourth series of Battlestar Galactica maybe being the final one? And who on your team would say is most similar to Number Six?
  15. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +233 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

Well, he's a smart kid, hard worker. He did some good things out there. He wasn't perfect, I'm not saying that. There are things he could do better. It's a long season. We'll have to see how it goes.

Q: Coach, why is the sky blue?
  16. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +233 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

You'll have to ask the people in the studio about that one. They make the decisions. I'm just getting my team ready to play, that's my job. I don't want to make comparisons with guys who aren't on my team.
  17. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +497 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

A: That's a good question, and one we take into account regarding gameday conditions. The sky appears blue because air scatters short-wavelength light more readily than longer wavelengths. When we look toward a part of the sky not near the sun, the blue color we see is blue light waves scattered down toward us from the white sunlight passing through the air overhead. Near sunrise and sunset, most of the light we see comes in nearly tangent to the Earth's surface, so that the light's path through the atmosphere is so long that much of the blue and even yellow light is scattered out, leaving the sun rays and the clouds it illuminates red.

Scattering and absorption are major causes of the attenuation of radiation by the atmosphere. Scattering varies as a function of the ratio of the particle diameter to the wavelength of the radiation. When this ratio is less than about one-tenth, Rayleigh scattering occurs in which the scattering coefficient varies inversely as the fourth power of the wavelength. At larger values of the ratio of particle diameter to wavelength, the scattering varies in a complex fashion described, for spherical particles, by the Mie theory; at a ratio of the order of 10, the laws of geometric optics begin to apply.

Some of the false beliefs of why the sky is blue are that the sky reflects off the ocean and that the light scatters off dust in the air. These two theories cannot be true, as the sky in Kansas has the same hue as the sky over the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

When we play a team like the Jets in the Meadowlands, for instance, light reflection from bright sunlight off a combination of green artificial turf, green uniforms and white helmets, etc., can cause optical variations for which we must compensate. That's why you see most of our players wearing eyeblack under eyes.

Q: Coach, who will be your toughest opponent this season?
  18. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +233 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

Our opponents this week are the Jets. They're an excellent football team and we're not going to look past them.

Q: Do you think that Jacques Derrida was overrated?
  19. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think that Derrida brought some things to the table that were an asset to the Philosophers' Franchise. His critique of the limits of phenomenology, strong work ethic- I believe that he averaged over a book of year- and his ability to break down the Heideggerian Nazism Defence marked him out as an innovative and shrewd tactician.
    Of course, he wasn't perfect. No one is. Well, at least I'm not. I don't know about you guys....

Do you believe in love? Do you believe it's true?
  20. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +233 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

Oh yeah, absolutely. I mean, you see these guys. They're here, what, 16 or 18 hours a day, whatever it is, sleeping in their offices, living on coffee and doughnuts, breaking down film. I mean there's no doubt in my mind. These guys absolutely do love the game.

Q: Have you ever been to Norway?