PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bart Scott meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK--I saw what happened to earn him the second flag, but I missed it--what did he do for the first flag?

I'm still amazed, BTW, that he didn't get a third flag for trying to go after the ref. [And how hysterical would it have been if Gostkowski were kicking off from the Baltimore 20?]

One question, though--let's say that, last year, the Pats lost the JEST game not because of the sloppy field, but because one of the Pats lost it the way Scott did. What do you think Belichick/Pees would do?

One question, though--let's say that, last year, the Pats lost the JEST game not because of the sloppy field, but because one of the Pats lost it the way Scott did. What do you think Belichick/Pees would do?
Ever seen "Without a Trace"? It would be like that. The guy would disappear.

I'm still amazed, BTW, that he didn't get a third flag for trying to go after the ref. [And how hysterical would it have been if Gostkowski were kicking off from the Baltimore 20?]

I thought the same thing but guess the refs showed some restraint given the Ravens D had already imploded.

I don't know patriots ways of playing is changing they have wat it takes to win the superbowl still but it seems like somethings bothering Tom Brady and the defense just isn't playing like they was when colvin was still playing. I sure hope the patriots can go with an undefeated season and win super bowl but somebody needs to be a leader out there and bring up every ones spirits

I'm still amazed, BTW, that he didn't get a third flag for trying to go after the ref.

They should have ejected his phucking stupid a.s.s from the game right there and then.

I hope the NFL suspends him for at least one game for trying to physically go after a ref.

If not wearing a chin strap gets you a 10k fine, how much would physically attacking a ref get you?

Apparently the ref called him "boy" and the Ravens said the refs were trash talking them all game. I don't know if I believe it or if the refs were just telling them to shutup and maybe a bit more vocal because the Ravens talk so much sh!t, but if it's true it doesn't necessarily excuse him but it explains a lot.

When the ref was walking toward the sideline, I thought he was reaching for his flag. Maybe he was just signaling some kind of warning. I'm wondering what would have happened if his teammates didn't hold him back. As it turned out, his penalties probably cost them the game (hail Mary).

Apparently the ref called him "boy" and the Ravens said the refs were trash talking them all game. I don't know if I believe it or if the refs were just telling them to shutup and maybe a bit more vocal because the Ravens talk so much sh!t, but if it's true it doesn't necessarily excuse him but it explains a lot.
I believe this account, and it's hysterical, as the Ravens are annual finalists for the most active trash talkers in the league. Guess they can't take it when the refs come down on them.

OK--I saw what happened to earn him the second flag, but I missed it--what did he do for the first flag?

That was funny and painful to watch at the same time. If he were a Pat he would never been seen again wearing a Pats jersey. But given the atmosphere in Baltimore I suspect he'll receive little more than what the league gives him. Billick has lost all control.

goalkeepr said:
Ever seen "Without a Trace"? It would be like that. The guy would disappear.

Is that the one starring Doug Gabriel?

[And how hysterical would it have been if Gostkowski were kicking off from the Baltimore 20?]

What's the rule if enough flags had compounded that situation, and we were entitled to kickoff from IN the Ravens' end zone?

Since no one's answered it yet, let me re-ask my first question: what did Scott get the first flag for?

Since no one's answered it yet, let me re-ask my first question: what did Scott get the first flag for?

Unsportsmanlike conduct for whatever he said to the ref.

I heard that same quote, but I think it was Rolle who said the ref called him 'boy'. He went on to say he had 3 kids etc.

Also its funny that a lot of people are happy to question the Gaffney TD (which I think was certainly a TD) without considering that Scott's meltdown would have placed the Patriots at 1st and goal from probably the 1 with plenty of time left if the play had been overturned to an incompletion.

I think what really happened was the Ravens, so used to trash talking their opponents, started doing the same to the refs. The refs (or at least one of them) returned the favor, calling someone a 'boy'.

I base this off of comments by Rolle that a Raven (Scott? or himself?) told the ref that he had never played a down of football (apparently in the midst of complaining about a call). He was basically telling the ref that he didn't know crap about football because he had never played the game. The ref called him a 'boy'. The ref in question had played several seasons in the NFL... perhaps he replied "I've played in the NFL and know a h.e.l.l of a lot more than you do, boy!" or maybe he just said "I was playing in the NFL when you were just a boy." A comment that, if misheard, could have sounded like a diss.

We'll probably never know what he really said, but it is pretty easy to see that the Ravens got a little carried away in their complaints to the refs and the refs (or ref) took it personally.

I'm sure that Scott must have something more after the 'boy' comment to have drawn the 15 yard penalty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back