PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The bandwagon will be stopping to let anyone off

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's talking about the people like the guy that made the, "Brady will never be the same again" thread. He didn't play his best, but the guy threw two TDs for us today.

Brady was 14/19 for 142 yards and 2 TDs at halftime. It's not like he was terrible or anything like half of the people on here are making it seem. Perhaps the Broncos D made adjustments at halftime that we weren't ready for. We also had virtually no running game in the second half, forcing everything on Brady's shoulders.

Also Gost missed a 40 yard FG. Why is nobody going crazy over this? That costed us the game at the end of the day.

Even if the Patrots stunk and were winless, I would still be on the bandwagon. Live and die with this team.

Also Gost missed a 40 yard FG. Why is nobody going crazy over this? That costed us the game at the end of the day.

don't confuse the rabble with fact...thanx

I'm sure there were reasons, and save for a few plays and a couple of scoring opportunities the game could have turned out differently. As I said I think that you'll probably see some of those errors corrected - but I think we need to be smart and not over react. This is a team with a lot of talent that is only going to get better. I think we're looking at it as more of what the Patriots didn't do, instead of what Denver did.

Let's face it, their receivers made a ton of unbelievable catches today, with guys right on them. There were a lot of excellent plays made by the Broncos players today - and in a close game that's what it comes down to. So give them credit - they stepped up and things went their way. It happens. Tomorrow is another day, and next week will be another week. We're 3-2 with plenty of football left to be played.

I don't think I'm overreacting, but we played poorly today on both sides of the ball, no doubt about it. Saying the game was close and could have gone either way doesn't cut it. We were shut down offensively in the 2nd half and gave up a 10 point lead. We failed to execute repeatedly. We were predictable. We didn't get pressure on Orton. We played soft on the receivers. We gave up 424 yards offense, more than we have to any team so far this year. We allowed a 98 yard TD drive with the game on the line.

I'm sorry, but I can't find a way to rationalize those things and make them good. Sure, Denver played well in the second half and had something to do with those things. We can't expect all teams to roll over and play dead for us or to self-destruct in critical moments. McDaniels is building a team in the image of the old Patriots - mentally tough and hungry - and he's doing a good job of it. But this game was ours to win, and we found a way to lose it. Not good. I don't care very much about the loss per se (I'm sort of glad we lost in some ways given how badly we played, because if we had won people might have glossed over some of the major problems), but I care very much about how we played, especially when it came down to clutch time.

Of course it's correctable. But given our inconsistency to date, it will take more than a 1-2 game correction for me to believe that we are fully back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back