PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The bandwagon thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Through out the playoffs, and up to the Indy game there was always like 800 viewers or something like that. Since we lost to Indy the number of people on this site has dropped drastically through out today. I just wanted to point out that us here, writing threads, posting replys, who are here now are the real fans. To the other 400 or so people who arent here now, do us a favor. Go over to the Indy board and jump on there bandwagon and dont come back here. If your not a real pats fan stay the F out of here. Us real pats fans want to get over this loss and heal as a family. You Bandwagoners go f your self.

One of our female posters called me a bandwagon fan. Does that mean I have to go to the Colts board? :D

I have enjoyed your threads here since when i first got into writing on the internet.( besides that drama thing that happened) I just started writing on the web this past year. I think you are a true fan of the Pats, and just pissess me off that some people arent. We struggled to get where we are today, and the real fans know what im talking about. To just come here and pretend to be a fan because we are having a good season is BS, and just think someone needed to tell them to go F themselves.

anybody who jumped off the bandwagon after yesterday is no true fan..

good riddance

Just because the amount of posters has gone down considerably doesn't mean those were all bandwagon fans. People deal with losses differently, some create excuses, second guess or whine. Some legitimately talk about the loss and reflect on the season, others just need time away from football talk to get over it. While i agree with what your saying somewhat, i think its unfair to say everyone not here the day after a devastating loss is a bandwagon fan.

I almost thought about not coming here for a while because I didn't want to be reminded of the loss. But after thinking about it, I realized this board is the best way to cope. I can't talk at other boards because too many people hate the Patriots and wouldn't be understanding. I can dissect the game, the season, and the future talking with you guys, and it's helped me a lot. So I appreciate it. Like one big support group, lol.

I feel especially bad for Rodney Harrison. He worked hard to get back and got it taken away by Bobby Wade (who has become another Brad Butler).

Count me as one of the TRUE fans that is so hurt from yesterday's game that I want to try not to think about it for a while. I lived and died with this team when they were 1-15. No one can ever call me a bandwagoner. But if I need some time off to recooperate, I think that's my right.

(The irony of this, of course, is that I'm back here posting now. I guess I can't help myself.)

Yeah, check the city morgues.....

Not sure how to take that one. All the bandwagon fans are at the morgue instead of just finding a new team?

Just because people came here while we were in the playoffs does not make them bandwagon fans. Perhaps they cam here because they were excited, or wanted to learn something, or came to share something.

The number of guests here is usually 3x to 4x the number of members here and they may or may not be Patriots fans ... so they cannot be counted as fans.

The number of members here pretty much remains constant.

In any case ... every Patriots fan has their way of enjoying the team and to call them BANDWAGON fans perhaps is some way to make you feel better Frankie but I can guarantee your thoughts are baseless. Nobody needs to tell anybody how to be a fan ... that's messed up.

I don't have enough of a life outside of here to be jumping off . . .

Just because people came here while we were in the playoffs does not make them bandwagon fans. Perhaps they cam here because they were excited, or wanted to learn something, or came to share something.

The number of guests here is usually 3x to 4x the number of members here and they may or may not be Patriots fans ... so they cannot be counted as fans.

The number of members here pretty much remains constant.

In any case ... every Patriots fan has their way of enjoying the team and to call them BANDWAGON fans perhaps is some way to make you feel better Frankie but I can guarantee your thoughts are baseless. Nobody needs to tell anybody how to be a fan ... that's messed up.

The word Bandwagon has been used in sports for as long as i can remember. Bandwagon people know who they are. Im not saying i dont like guests here, or anything like that. Im talking about the fans who "pretend". Your the first person i ever heard thats O.K with people jumping on your teams bandwagon. The word has been thrown around this site on numerous occasion. I'm not going to argue with someone who is probably as hurt as I'am over this loss. I always read your threads, and respect you. I just dont know why you are taking offense to this bandwagon thing when you know your a fan. Of course im hurt about our loss, but to call people bandwagon fans to make myself feel better is totally off. I just think this is a time when the real fans need come out and unite and help eachother get through this loss. Im not telling anyone how to be a fan. Im telling the people who arent fans just to get lost. Maybe you disagreeing with me is your way of feeling better.

Last edited:
I almost thought about not coming here for a while because I didn't want to be reminded of the loss. But after thinking about it, I realized this board is the best way to cope. I can't talk at other boards because too many people hate the Patriots and wouldn't be understanding. I can dissect the game, the season, and the future talking with you guys, and it's helped me a lot. So I appreciate it. Like one big support group, lol.

I feel especially bad for Rodney Harrison. He worked hard to get back and got it taken away by Bobby Wade (who has become another Brad Butler).

I, too, have debated whether to come here as often post-Colts just because of the pain of the loss. But i'm here, just as I was after last offseason, and I'll be here through this offseason as well. Always a pleasure.

OK, I disagree with you.

Nope, didnt work, I still feel like sh!t. :D

As hard as i try not to..............you do make me laugh, lol

Through out the playoffs, and up to the Indy game there was always like 800 viewers or something like that. Since we lost to Indy the number of people on this site has dropped drastically through out today. I just wanted to point out that us here, writing threads, posting replys, who are here now are the real fans. To the other 400 or so people who arent here now, do us a favor. Go over to the Indy board and jump on there bandwagon and dont come back here. If your not a real pats fan stay the F out of here. Us real pats fans want to get over this loss and heal as a family. You Bandwagoners go f your self.

Bandwagoners are part of successful teams, as annoying as they are. My hometown soccer team, Manchester United, has been successful for the past 13 years and I get sick of having to justify supporting them (when I was born and raised in Manchester until I was 12).

to be honest, I didnt really post on here until about two days ago. I read at least 5 times a day, but i dont post a whole lot. After this loss, posting here was probably the thing that helped me the most with dealing with the downs of this day.

Actually there were about 1,500 on here at one point last night... (from the forum directory)...

Most users ever online was 1,485, 01-21-2007 at 11:18 PM.

There's usually a higher amount of traffic on the forum during and shortly after any game the Pats are playing in. The Game Threads get over a thousand replies sometimes. :rocker:

after the Pats lost I got thinking about all of the stuff I've been ignoring in favor of going to this site and other sites for Patriots information. So yesterday I built a bookcase, did laundry, dishes, vacuuming, sat down with my fiancee and watched some tv snuggled up to her, and starting cleaning up our spare bedroom which had become a junk room.

So congratulations for being a better fan than I and hanging around here yesterday. I'm enjoying my newfound (and hopefully not temporary) perspective. Maybe one day you can get off of your high horse and join me.

Count me as one of the TRUE fans that is so hurt from yesterday's game that I want to try not to think about it for a while. I lived and died with this team when they were 1-15. No one can ever call me a bandwagoner. But if I need some time off to recooperate, I think that's my right.

(The irony of this, of course, is that I'm back here posting now. I guess I can't help myself.)

1-15 was the first year of my season tickets. PJ , of course we need you here. Who else is going to start the Beijing Tailgate thread. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots