PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Balls were Switched DURING the First Half

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PrairiePat cited this a few minutes ago.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/23/deflategate-patriots-super-bowl-xlix/

So now the Patriots not only deflated footballs without anyone seeing but they also reinflated them too.

Belichick have a ninja-hoodie?
The whole thing about the Colts balls staying inflated correctly: That doesn't prove that the balls didn't lose pressure. You have to know what the original PSI was. -- ie do they go to the upper end of the range, where the Patriots go minimum.

The whole thing about the Colts balls staying inflated correctly: That doesn't prove that the balls didn't lose pressure. You have to know what the original PSI was. -- ie do they go to the upper end of the range, where the Patriots go minimum.

Absolutely.

Based on what Peter King has stated, there is not NEARLY enough information provided to rule out the possibility of normal PSI loss due to temperature change.

This story has less direction than the last season of American Horror Story.

Not gonna lie- if something happened to Pats balls (accidental damage) so they used the Colts ones which were found to be unacceptable and then had to delay the game... that would be the single funniest thing ever. These "journalists" deserve something like that.
Dante Alighieri needs to add a chapter to his "Divine Comedy", to include a circle of hell for what these "journalists" deserve. Maybe he can work with the Dead String Quartet and compose an opera about it....

Again, this new revelation has no quotes from Jackson. It's another "source" story. The only quotes in this story are what we already heard. These reporters know no more than we do. Don't buy into it. One of these stories has already been debunked

I think the bottom line is that Goodell will punish the Patriots severly, as a warning to other teams.

The point is that the "under-inflated balls" were the property of the Patriots. They are responsible for them, regardless of weather/foul-play/intentional as the source of the "under-inflated balls".

The public outcry demands this, and they (unfortunately) will get it.

$$ Penalty, and loss of pick(s), and most likely someone suspended for N games.
You cant just penalize some one for public outcry. The only reason Ray Rice got screwed is because the tape was released. The rule starts at a $25 k fine.

Again, this new revelation has no quotes from Jackson. It's another "source" story. The only quotes in this story are what we already heard. These reporters know no more than we do. Don't buy into it. One of these stories has already been debunked

I agreed with you initially but dug around and found this brilliant article by Eric Wilbur.

Wish this had its own thread!

http://www.boston.com/sports/column...te_stupidity_has_reached_its_fever_pitch.html

Section containing quote:

----------------
"The hysteria of Deflategate has reached a fever pitch where we can’t possibly separate truth from fiction. After Thursday’s Pro Bowl practice in Arizona, Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, who was reportedly the genesis behind this whole mess when he intercepted Brady during the first half of Sunday’s game, told reporters that he didn’t alert anybody to the weight of the ball, contradicting, yet again, the timeline of events.

"I'm a linebacker, I'm a defensive guy," Jackson said. "If anybody recognized anything it definitely wouldn't come from me.

"I don't know how it got to this point. Somehow I'm in the middle of it.”

Exactly.

How did we ever possibly get to this point?"

------------------

Eric's final comment:

"We, collectively as a media, sure know how to embarrass ourselves."

Exactly! :D

Last edited:
I agreed with you initially but dug around and found this brilliant article by Eric Wilbur.

Wish this had its own thread!

http://www.boston.com/sports/column...te_stupidity_has_reached_its_fever_pitch.html

Section containing quote:

----------------
"The hysteria of Deflategate has reached a fever pitch where we can’t possibly separate truth from fiction. After Thursday’s Pro Bowl practice in Arizona, Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, who was reportedly the genesis behind this whole mess when he intercepted Brady during the first half of Sunday’s game, told reporters that he didn’t alert anybody to the weight of the ball, contradicting, yet again, the timeline of events.

"I'm a linebacker, I'm a defensive guy," Jackson said. "If anybody recognized anything it definitely wouldn't come from me.

"I don't know how it got to this point. Somehow I'm in the middle of it.”

Exactly.

How did we ever possibly get to this point?"

------------------

His final query:

"We, collectively as a media, sure know how to embarrass ourselves."

Exactly! :D
The Hysteria is created by him and Francesa, Aikman, and all with an agenda. They are trying to incite anger to fit their agenda. There are plenty of people in our corner. The truth is what matters not public perception. It's a ridiculous.

The Hysteria is created by him and Francesa, Aikman, and all with an agenda. They are trying to incite anger to fit their agenda. There are plenty of people in our corner. The truth is what matters not public perception. It's a ridiculous.

Wait...who is 'him' in your first line? Eric or D'Qwell Jackson?

Also, this could be the original source (as it is from nfl.com) from where Eric got that quote:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ckson-i-didnt-know-football-had-less-pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back