Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Bain of Mitt's Existence

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

No, wait,make that the BANE of Mitt's Existence......

You'd think a great businessman like Mitt would know the value of a good graphics editor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited to correct spelling mistakes - thanks, WP.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Re: The Bain of Mitt's Existance

Is this the best you can do Mrs. PF ... must be a slow day. ;););)
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Some days you're the bug, other day's you're the windshield.

I'm trying to remain non-controversial and non-confrontational. I got banned from a thread yesterday and I'm still smarting from the indignity of it all.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know, if I was a spelling nazi, I'd feel compelled to point out the irony of someone always lecturing others about proper spelling, and making a post criticizing the spelling of others, yet misspelling "existence" not once, which would be considered a typo, but twice, which shows someone who just doesn't know how the word is spelled. :rofl: :rofl:
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Sometimes the human in us gets in the way of tremendous thought. :idea2:

But if nobody ever pushed the boundaries of critical thinking life would be very dull. :nosmile:

You and Mr. PF push the boundaries ... it's all good. :cool3:
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

My bad. Thanks for pointing it out, WP. Always appreciate an opportunity to learn and to better myself.
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're welcome, and hopefully you've learned a lesson so that next time you go at someone in your smarmy, condescending manner, perhaps you'll recall that you aren't as perfect as you think you are.
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

LOL Aamazing that you can get "smarmy and condescending" out of text, WP. What a wonderful judge of character you must be!!

Be that as it may, the occasional typing error or misspelling happens - and it happens to everyone. But when it happens repeatedly, when grammar and syntax are constantly ignored or, worse, tortured it becomes apparent that the writer has zero respect for his readers - or for himself, for that matter.

There's trying to get it right and not caring if it's right or not. If you don't care how you say it and you don't care how you present it, how do you expect anyone to think that what you have to say has any value at all?
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Indeed I am, yanno?.
    Yeah, see it's paragraphs like this which make it so very easy for someone to call your attitude "smarmy and condescending," yanno?

You recently called someone's post "uninteligible" because it was missing a word. It may have been "uninteligible" to you but I, along with several others, understood it perfectly. The fact the one omitted word can send you entirely into a tailspin, completely unable to deduce the meaning of the sentence behind it, says much more about you than it does the writer. Perhaps it is intelligence, perhaps it is mere intuition, but there is clearly something in here that most of us have which you are lacking.
    Because intelligent people can recognize that this is an informal forum (not to mention the fact that many of us often make posts from phones or mobile devices) and deduce the intent of what someone says and respond in kind, even if there are spelling/grammar mistakes, yanno.

Meanwhile, smarmy and condescending little miss-know-it-all's have to go the route of becoming a spelling nazi, often because they have nothing intelligent or insightful to add, yanno?.

Furthermore, to compund your hypocrisy, I notice you only call out conservatives for their spelling mistakes whilst ignoring the ones liberals make. Doesn't proper spelling and the communication of ideas transcend party lines? Or do only conservatives have the obligation to have perfect grammar and spelling?
  10. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -10

you sound like Dan Quayle