Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Associated Press, MSNBC, CNN, ABCNews, Time Magazine Are All Racist

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Feb 29, 2008.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yup, folks..!! Everyone's racist except for Patters..!! :rofl:

Every single one of these outlets covered the exact same AP feed. And every single one carried the exact same paragraphs quoted below.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23390164/
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/28/prison.population.ap/index.html?iref=newssearch
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/WireStory?id=4361462&page=3
    http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1717990,00.html

"For some groups, the incarceration numbers are especially startling," the report said. "While one in 30 men between the ages of 20 and 34 is behind bars, for black males in that age group the figure is one in nine."

The racial disparity for women also is stark. One of every 355 white women aged 35 to 39 is behind bars, compared with one of every 100 black women in that age group.

2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The NY Times and Boston Globe Are Also Racist

Yup, folks..!! Everyone's racist except for Patters..!! :rofl: Seriously... need I go on..? :rofl:

Here is an excerpt from the Boston Globe (a wholly owned division of the NY Times). According to the link, this article came from the NY Times News Service.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/02/29/us_prison_population_nears_16m/

Incarceration rates are even higher for some groups. One in 36 Hispanic adults is behind bars, based on Justice Department figures for 2006. One in 15 black adults is, too, as is 1 in 9 black men between the ages of 20 and 34.

The report, from the Pew Center on the States, also found that only 1 in 355 white women between the ages of 35 and 39 is behind bars, compared with 1 in 100 black women.

3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Uh oh... CBS News is racist too... and so's the NY Daily News

CBS News and the Daily News picked up the same AP feed as all those other media outlets did. Seriously... I can't find a single article anywhere that does not have this information in it... and I challenge anyone in here to do so if they can.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/28/ap/national/main3890533.shtml?source=search_story
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_...0_americans_serving_jail_or_priso.html?page=1

"For some groups, the incarceration numbers are especially startling," the report said. "While one in 30 men between the ages of 20 and 34 is behind bars, for black males in that age group the figure is one in nine."

The racial disparity for women also is stark. One of every 355 white women aged 35 to 39 is behind bars, compared with one of every 100 black women in that age group.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You left out FOX. Did they cover it?

5. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Re: The NY Times and Boston Globe Are Also Racist

Did the NY Post and Boston Herald cover it?

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Obi-Wan defends the MSM

Yes, Obi, unless someone can explain the value of this information, it's racist. What it is showing is that blacks are incarcerated at much higher rates than whites:

"While one in 30 men between the ages of 20 and 34 is behind bars, for black males in that age group the figure is one in nine."

That would be relevant if it showed they were from similar economic, etc. backgrounds (and in that sense it's relevant data for a research center), but otherwise I don't see what else it tells you. Obi, you are helping to demonstrate that the so-called liberal MSM is not so liberal, proving yet another point of the more progressive members of the forum. Thanks.

7. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Obi-Wan defends the MSM

And there we have it, folks..!! EVERYONE is racist except for the self-loathing Patters..!! :rofl: :rofl:

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: The NY Times and Boston Globe Are Also Racist

You tell me... I looked up 7 media outlets and I was 7 for 7 in finding ethnic breakdown... I think that more than proves my point...

10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

11. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Poverty
    Mandatory Minimums
    Police presence/corruption
    Urban v. rural
    employment rates

It's incredibly stupid to use something as arbitrary as skin color when these factors and many more are a much bigger indicator of incarceration rates in any given area. Unfortunately for African Americans, they are largely concentrated in areas where these intervening factors do not play in their favor.

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Some people are too funny. See, gender and race matter when it suits some people, but it's irrelevent when it doesn't. I can't understand why people view such information as racist. Racial, yes, but racist? I don't think so.

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

What purpose does it serve to know that x% of the prison population belongs to a particular race or ethnicity? There needs to be more context for it to serve a legitimate purpose.

Yes, race is relevant sometimes, such as with Obi-Wan and the MSM bringing up race for no good reason whatsoever, it appears they are trying to denigrate a people based on meaningless statistics. Obi-Wan went so far as to suggest you could tell where a person lives based on the color of his skin! Are you defending that?

14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Translation: Race is relevant only when self loathing racists like Patters say it is.
    When the hell did I say that...? That's the second time you've put words in my mouth and deliberately distorted my meaning.

Put up or shut up... let's see where exactly I said that thing... direct quote only please... or just admit you're a moral degenerate that has to spread lies about other people to try and make them look bad....

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  15. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Here ya' go:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=78617&page=8

We can divert a greater proportion of resources - both preventative and punitive - to the places where crime rates are higher.

16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You took that quote and you're claiming it means "you can tell where a person lives based on the color of their skin"..?

Wow... you really are a self loathing moral degenerate... :rofl: :rofl:

17. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Why don't you explain why you responded to my comment with what I quoted. Do you suffer from disordered thinking or am I misunderstanding you?

And please don't resort to personal attacks. They're against the rules.

18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Excuse me? They're trying to denigrate them? :rofl: You're really not worth talking to on matters like these. So we shouldn't report the different stats that breakdown employment information when it comes to race & gender? All that does is serve to denigrate white males. Is that accurate? When it comes back that 90% of white males make more money, or have a better job, etc. policies and programs are implemented to bring that number down. Oh, no, but wait. When it suits you, it's ok. :rolleyes:

I don't think those statistics are meaningless. Do you think the statistic that 70% of african american babies are born out of wedlock is racist? Does that denigrate blacks, or does it tell us that there is a fatherhood problem in that community? Stats like that are informative in that it tells us we need to do some work there. When you see stats like that, you know that's a problem area, and the next step is to figure out why. Why are blacks more prevelent to crime or wedlock? If you don't break down such statistics, then you might not know there is a problem. Admit it Patters, you simply don't like the results. If the stats were reversed, you'd have no problem with it at all. The only racist aspect of the statistics, is how someone uses them. If someone takes those stats and makes a racist point with them, then that's racist. The information itself is simply racial.

19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well since you asked me to explain... it is my opinion that only a self loating moral degenerate would behave in the manner that you do. I think the point is clear.
    Well it looks like someone can dish out the insults but has a hard time taking them, huh..? And maybe someday someone in here will actually enforce the rules but until then we shoudn't worry about us breaking them...

20. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Race in and of itself tells us very little. What can you conclude if you learn that 90% of white men earn more than black men? You can't conclude anything.

You have to first look at education levels, community, religion, family situation, and so on. Then, you might be able to say, "Wow, 90% of white urban Christians growing up in two parent suburban middle class homes and having college degrees earn more than blacks." At that point, the conclusion would probably be that there's racism in our society. But to just say that white men earn more than black men tells us nothing. To say that blacks are disproportionately incarcerated without looking at all the details would lead one to conclude either blacks are more prone to crime or our society punishes blacks more than whites, both of which are a gross oversimplification.