PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Argument For/Against Cutting Rob Ninkovich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seymour should he in discussion for Pro Football Hall of fame along with Law. If they were Colts theyd already be in.
Oh yea.

From 2002-2006 Sey was a monster when healthy.

I think Matt Light deserves some consideration for the Pats HoF as well.

Does posing the question warrant a 1 month ban from posting?

My answer Preposterous...well until BB does ti, but Ninko is just way too good/reliable/flexible/leader

Plus, it's definitely not a year too early, he has more than 1 good year ahead of him.

If he had a few more years left on his contract, I think it would be a reasonable question as to whether he is traded next offseason. As someone pointed out earlier, his contract expires this year. I hifhly doubt anyone would give much up for him as a rental, especially seeing how he may be out the first few weeks. He is just way to valuable to be outright cut. Is he getting older? Sure. But he's a rock at de, a major locker room presence, and is on a more than reasonable contract.

That said, we've seen far worse offseason topics debated relentlessy.

Good luck with cutting Ninkovich while he is injured. He would rightly file an injury grievance. Cutting him after Week 1 saves very little on the cap since he is eligible for termination pay and the Pats would have to pay his replacement offsetting the savings from not paying his 46-man active roster bonus.

Good luck with cutting Ninkovich while he is injured. He would rightly file an injury grievance. Cutting him after Week 1 saves very little on the cap since he is eligible for termination pay and the Pats would have to pay his replacement offsetting the savings from not paying his 46-man active roster bonus.

Clearly they wouldn't realize $2m in net saving the I think the thought is do you keep a 32 year old vet over a 2nd year player like Grissom making $525k who is still on the upswing.

It's the classic "the future is now " question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back