PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Argument For/Against Cutting Rob Ninkovich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't quite think he is Pats HoF material. If you look at the last few inductions they are all players who have operated at a notch above ole Nink.

Do you think Kevin Faulk operated above Nink's level? Genuine question, not meant as a criticism of Faulk.

Outside of "His arm fell off and the Patriots haven't yet announced it", there's an argument for cutting Ninkovich? The same Ninkovich that is the team's starting DE and was also taking reps at LB?

Last edited:
I can't see it.

Then again, it'd be a classic BB shocker cut.

Ninkovich isn't getting cut unless he shows clear cut signs that he's declining in 2016 and, even then, it's no sure thing. He is one of the de facto leaders on that defense and he still has plenty of football left in him.

He's too much of a solid presence in the lineup and is still a productive player as well as a leader.

great idea! lose your two starting defensive ends going into the season!!

rob isnt going anywhere. BB loves him!

Give Nink a few more big moments, some cute shots of him playing with his kids before the superbowl and a miraculous stroke recovery and he's probably close to being the post-Bruschi Tedy Bruschi.

Too much?

Do you think Kevin Faulk operated above Nink's level? Genuine question, not meant as a criticism of Faulk.

I do. Length of years. Key part of 3 SBs. Rusher, receiver, KR, PR.

With that said, if Nink was nominated I wouldn't be violently opposed to it.

Seymour and a few others need to go in before Nink though.

I was going to bring this up before he got hurt in one of the "surprise" threads. Thought there was a very real chance he might be traded--which would have been met by all kinds of screaming and yelling and shock, before next year people saying what a genius Belichick is.

I don't think he'll be cut. I think, oddly, that him getting hurt kept him on the team maybe. But it's certainly a possibility--that's the thing about "a year too early" it's earlier than you want, that's how you get the value. But not to cut him.

spider-man-whedon-3-1430829073.gif

This is more about the injury than anything else.

If it is a forgone conclusion that we are going to make the playoffs, we should cut him. Solid, but invisible in the playoffs.

He still produces. Comes up with the big play when we need it the most..until that dies off..he stays

Doubt that it would happen, but BB traded Mike Vrabel at the age of 33 (to the Chiefs when he was packaged along with Matt Cassell for a 2nd round pick. I don't see why he would't consider an offer for Ninko if one was on the table.

Last edited:
I do. Length of years. Key part of 3 SBs. Rusher, receiver, KR, PR.

With that said, if Nink was nominated I wouldn't be violently opposed to it.

Seymour and a few others need to go in before Nink though.
Seymour should he in discussion for Pro Football Hall of fame along with Law. If they were Colts theyd already be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes