PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The anticipation is just killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I really cannot remember being so wired or amped for a game in a long, long time. Maybe SB 36. Certainly not Denver this year. Not the Jets last year or the Ravens in 09. I'm not sure if it's the uncertainty or what but I've been this way all week. The Bruins game took it away a little yesterday but other than that it's been all week. The 3PM start just makes it worse.

With some of the inane threads that have been started I get the sense I'm not the only one.

Please 3pm just get here.

EDIT: And yes the irony isn't lost on me that this thread is pretty inane.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. Probably one of the Colts playoff games in 03 or 04, if not both, had me feeling this way. But that is it. The first Steelers AFC title game had me cautiously optimistic but based upon the week before, I was just happy to be there. In 04, playing the Steelers again, I was extrememly confident. The 06 championship game in Indy had me very confident too and I was bouncing off the walls all day...then, well..

In 07 I was nervous about the undefeated record but not worried about the outcome against a banged up Chargers squad flying across the country after playing in Indy the week before.

The last few playoff games I was excited for, but not like this. Pumped, amped, jacked, edgy, twitchy...I don't know what it is. I don't want to think of what it will feel like if the unmentionable happens...

I'm right there with you buddy! I woke up @ 4am thinking ...8 hours to go....

I am so anxious!!! I am nervous and excited all in one!! I am anxious to get this game started. I am nervous about which patriots team will show up!! Excited that we are here!!!

This has been an extremely long week for some reason..

Always wonder what a rookie is going through, or someone who has never been here before.

Last edited:
Pretty much going ape ***** with anticipation. Going to do some productive stuff around the house for the next 2 hours to pass the time.

If we win prepare for two weeks of hell, painful hell if NYG win too.

I'm calm. I'm not anxious about this game in the slightest.

Our defense is coming together at the right time, we're healthy as we've been in a while, Spikes/Chung are huge for our defense.

Plus Ochocinco is going to catch a big one for his dad.

I'm extremely nervous about this one...you never know what you're getting with the ravens. I really hope our Oline brings its A-game: our chances rise considerably by keeping their pass rush in check.

Same here, but not nervous at all. Just like last week, I'm excited.

I'm going crazy. Time seems to have stopped. I kept waking up all night. Come on start the freakn game.

I'm in California and have had 4 beers already! It's not even 10AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes