PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The annual predict the Patriots season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think we are as good as most think we are. The defensive secondary has not demonstrated it is one bit further along than last year. The offensive line is pretty shaky and we have a running game that doesn't have the same grasp of the football as our previous back.

So you think we are worse than last year? Even with adding lloyd and their pick on hightower and jones? If they generate pass rush it will make up for the secondary.

O line is worse than last year..but thats about it.

But even with what you pointed out..i still find it hard to believe we are that much worse than last year

Last edited:
OK let me make this easy for you.

19-0 :rocker:

19-0; serious prediction.

11-5. This year is not going to be a slam dunk, even with a relatively cake schedule.

12-4, and they go to the AFC Championship. I am not going to say if they win or lose, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I'm expecting some bumps and surprises along the way, but I'm going to go with 13-3 and a spot in the AFC championship.

So basically everyone think the Pats have no chance at Buffalo, Baltimore and vs. Texans/49ers at home? I definitely don't think the schedule is a cake walk as is because many of the teams on the schedule will probably be better than the experts think ( Colts, Sea hawks, Broncos,Jets and Rams), but I think the 49ers,Ravens, and Texans are being overrated by many on this thread.

Last edited:
13-3.
AFC East Division Champs.
AFC Champs via defeating Houston.

And most importantly....

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS VIA DEFEATING GREEN BAY!

So basically everyone think the Pats have no chance at Buffalo, Baltimore and vs. Texans/49ers at home?

I am not saying they have no chance..but a very good chance they could lose..but i expect them to beat 49ers...but balt (revenge game) and buff will be tough

Texans are best in AFC IMO..but will finish 2nd in AFC

Last edited:
I agree that the 49ers and Ravens will be extremely tough games. However I do believe that we can convincingly win one of the games against the Bills, regardless of how good their D-line is, and how dysfunctional our O-line is at the moment.

I am not saying they have no chance..but a very good chance they could lose..but i expect them to beat 49ers...but balt (revenge game) and buff will be tough

Texans are best in AFC IMO..but will finish 2nd in AFC

We match up well with Baltimore, and you are severely overrating the Bills, who were the worst team in the NFL at the end of the season.

I'd like to say 19-0 however injuries are part of the equation so:

14 - 2

We match up well with Baltimore, and you are severely overrating the Bills, who were the worst team in the NFL at the end of the season.

I am worried about their D line against our O line at the moment. They can generate pressure and a lot of it. I know it's the bills...but we all said that last year when the pats went in there..

1 - at Tennessee Titans September 9 W
2 - vs. Arizona Cardinals September 16 W
3 - at Baltimore Ravens September 23 W
4 - at Buffalo Bills September 30 W
5 - vs. Denver Broncos October 7 W
6 - at Seattle Seahawks October 14 W
7 - vs. New York Jets October 21 W
8 - at St. Louis Rams October 28 W
9 - Bye
10 - vs. Buffalo Bills November 11 W
11 - vs. Indianapolis Colts November 18 W
12 - at New York Jets November 22 W
13 - at Miami Dolphins December 2 W
14 - vs. Houston Texans December 10 W
15 - vs. San Francisco 49ers December 16 W
16 - at Jacksonville Jaguars December 23 W
17 - vs. Miami Dolphins December 30 W

16 - 0!

11-5; a undertalented, deteriorating OL and unproven Safeties will prevent us from having the privelege
of losing the SB to the jints again.

11-5 Regular season and Div Champions.
SuperBowl winners.

I think that the 2012 NE Patriots will win lots of games
I just hope that they win the few really big ones

Last edited:
reminder:this thread will be closed Sunday morning.

NEP: 11-5, in the playoffs as division winners.

Defense, especially the backfield, still not fixed; OL problems emerging; thin at WR; Brady aging with rest of the team young/unproven; $quabble$ with Waters and Welker; BOB not replaced as effectively as we had hoped. The improbable run of last year, where almost every event went their way, is replaced with a subpar season, but the weak schedule gets them into the tournament.

Losses: at BAL, at STL, at NYJ, HOU, SF.

Somebody slap me.

I don't think we do match up well vs Baltimore. This one of the few if not the only defense that Brady has never been able to run over.

12-4 for me.

All I want is to get in the playoffs and win the last game. I don't care about the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back