PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The annual predict the Patriots season thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went into the future, and I know for a fact that its Patriots vs cowboys this superbowl with the Pats winning a close one.

also, incase you are wondering, Jets miss the playoffs, brady gets MVP. Colts still win the divison and Vick misses 4 games, but in that 4 games VY plays lights out and takes his job.

Care to make it interesting with a bet? :cool:

Unfinished business from 2007.

19-0.

Perfect season

SuperBowl Champs.

Morris is back on the wagon.

They go 15-0 to start the season and then sit all the starters in the last game, this time, so we finally lose to the Bills.

Then gimme the Pack in the Super Bowl!

18-1 :rocker:

I refuse to acknowledge the possibility of losing to the Jests. :)

@ Dolphins W (Dolphins play out of their minds but lose on a Brady comeback a la opening night Bills 2009)
Chargers W
@ Bills W
@ Raiders W
Jets W
Cowboys W
@Steelers W
Giants W
@Jets L
Chiefs W
@ Eagles L
Colts W
@ Redskins L
@ Broncos L
Dolphins W
Bills W

12-4...lose first round until proven otherwise. We've become the team we always hated...The Colts.

12-4.

start 2-2
then finish 10-2

13-3

thats all.

@ Dolphins W (Dolphins play out of their minds but lose on a Brady comeback a la opening night Bills 2009)
Chargers W
@ Bills W
@ Raiders W
Jets W
Cowboys W
@Steelers W
Giants W
@Jets L
Chiefs W
@ Eagles L
Colts W
@ Redskins L
@ Broncos L
Dolphins W
Bills W

12-4...lose first round until proven otherwise. We've become the team we always hated...The Colts.

Loss to skins ? Why ?

Grossman got you scared? :p

I went into the future, and I know for a fact that its Patriots vs cowboys this superbowl with the Pats winning a close one.

also, incase you are wondering, Jets miss the playoffs, brady gets MVP. Colts still win the divison and Vick misses 4 games, but in that 4 games VY plays lights out and takes his job.

I was with you until I read this. Ducktales

Shananan has Belichick's number, doesn't matter who the QB is (Jake Plummer anyone?)

Back in the day, I use to imagine 11-5 as a great season for the Pats. But that was then and this is now!

14-2

19 - 0. Being a big homer here :D

I was with you until I read this. Ducktales

Vince Young is better than Vick. Vick is a one trick pony that fell off at the end of last season. Vince just needs someone to believe in him.

Code:
01 Dolphins        W
02 Chargers        W
03 @Bills          W
04 @Raiders        W
05 Jets            W
06 Cowboys         W	
07 BYE WEEK
08 @Steelers       W
09 Giants          W
10 @Jets           L
11 Chiefs          W
12 @Eagles         L
13 Colts           W
14 @Redskins       W 
15 @Broncos        L
16 Dolphins        W
17 Bills           W

13-3 with a conservative approach to weeks 10 @ Jets, 12 @ Eagles & 15 @ Broncos. There's something about Mile High no matter what Broncos team is put out there that makes them competitive against the Patriots. Could see the Pats record between 14-2 and 12-4.

Last edited:
it's looking like 13-3

Season Prediction:

Offense:
One year ago the Patriots switched to a tight end heavy offense and by year’s end were the highest scoring team in the league. As the year went on the offense became more efficient and explosive. Just as importantly, the switch to a tight end heavy offense allowed the Patriots to run the ball more efficiently than in recent years, and become less predictable. The in season addition of Danny Woodhead helped the versatility and efficiency of the offense immensely. This year I believe the offense will be just as efficient, perhaps even better then a season ago. Tom Brady is coming off one of the best seasons in the history of football, and while I doubt he will only throw four interceptions again, he is a safe bet to remain freakishly efficient. The additions to the offense include Chad Ochocinco, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vareen, Brain Waters and Nate Solder. I expect Ochocinco to have a decent year, not a great year. Overall the receivers should be average; however, efficient. In my opinion Price will be a starter at year’s end and either Ochocinco or Branch will be demoted. Price showed promise in the pre season, running good routes, and displaying explosion. That being said, the receivers are not the key to the offense. The key is the tight ends. Aaron Hernandez and Robert Gronkowski are moving into their second seasons and I expect both will improve and play at pro bowl levels. It is not out of the question that by year’s end the Patriots have two pro bowl tight ends. Having two tight ends of such quality will also help the run game. Which I believe will be very improved from a year ago. The Patriots drafted Shane Vareen, and Stevan Ridley to go along with BJGE and Danny Woodhead. During the pre season Ridley showed great explosion, elusiveness, power, vision, and hands. I expect him to be the Patriots best running back by season’s end. Early on BJGE and Woodhead will have more carries. As far as Vareen he is iceing on the cake. I did not see enough of him in the pre season to know if he will be good or not, but hopefully he will contribute. Finally, the offensive line should be improved from a season ago. Light is back and rookie Nate Solder will work as a swing tackle, providing solid depth. The recent signing of Brain Waters will prove impactful. Waters is 34 years old and looking to win a Superbowl. I believe he will start over Connelly and improve the line. Looking at the offense as a whole I believe the passing offense will be as good as any in the league, as it was a year ago, and the run offense will be even better then it was last year. Ridley should have a big impact. I believe the Patriots will have the highest scoring team in the NFL.

Defense:
The most exciting aspect of the Patriots team entering the 2011 season is the revamped and retooled Patriots defense. Last season the defense was the biggest weakness of the team. It lacked an ability to rush the quarterback and get off of the field on third down. To fix the defense it looks like BB may have went as far as changing his defensive philosophy; running more 4-3 fronts, while at the same time remaining versatile enough to continue playing the Patriots traditional 3-4. To do so BB loaded up on veteran defensive lineman. The Patriots added Andre Carter, Shawn Ellis, Mark Anderson, and most importantly Albert Haynesworth. Pairing the new defensive lineman with the lineman the Patriots already had gives the Patriots one of the most talented and deepest defensive lines in the NFL. The thought of Wilfork and Haynesworth being on the field next to each other gives me Goosebumps. After all, you can’t double both of them. The Patriots will put out the best interior D-line in the NFL. Teams will be unable to run against them, and unable to double our defensive ends. Andre Carter has been a pro bowler and looked very good in the pre season. I believe he will lead the team in sacks. Shawn Ellis will also have a major impact. Patriot fans know all too well what he can do on the field. Pair the aforementioned with Mark Anderson and the Patriots defensive line will now provide one of the best pass rushes in the NFL. The one area the Patriots did not add players at is Linebacker; although Andre Carter could play standing up. That being said, I believe the Patriots linebackers will be very efficient; mainly because of the new scheme. Playing some 4-3 will allow Mayo to attack and get after the quarterback. I’m guessing he will play some outside linebacker this year. I expect a ten sack season from the NFL’s raining tackle king. When Mayo plays outside the Patriots will have Spikes inside. We have not seen him this pre-season but we can only assume he will build on a solid rookie campaign. I am also excited about Fletcher who has looked good in the pre-season. He penetrates well and is decent in coverage. The other outside linebacker spot is still a question. Ninkovich is ok but nothing special and doesn’t always hold the edge. I have not been impressed with how Cunningham looked in the pre-season and suspect he may be a bust. Hopefully I am wrong. That being said, the Patriots should have one of the best front seven’s in the NFL. The final part of the defense is the secondary. Like the D-line I believe the secondary will be greatly improved from a year ago. Devin McCourty is coming off a pro bowl rookie season and should only improve. The sky is the limit. Leigh Bodden missed last season and is back. Prior to the injury he was a very good NFL corner and since the injury wasn’t a leg injury he should still be very good. That allows Kyle Arrington to play the slot and go against lesser receivers. He should also be improved from his rookie year. The wild card of the corners is rookie Ras-I Dowling. I did not see enough of him to know what kind of impact he will make. He only played in the forth pre season game. That said, he looked big and explosive. If he turns out as a good player then the Patriots will have four legitimate corners. Patrick Chung gives the Patriots a solid NFL safety. He needs to be better in coverage but he seems to be an impact player on the field. The other safety is a question mark with the cutting of Meriwether. I didn’t think he was that good anyway. I believe Sergio Brown can fill in and do a solid job. The secondary should be very improved from a season ago. Looking at the defense, the pass rush should be very improved, and the coverage should be better. I expect the Patriots to be greatly improved and implore a top five NFL defense. I would call the Patriots a dark horse to have the number one scoring defense in the NFL.

Special Teams:
Last year the Patriots had very efficient special teams. I don’t expect this to change. Ghost is back kicking. Mesko should be improved after a solid rookie season. Edelman is a very good punt returner. The only major change is the release of Tate. However with the new rules there will be less kick returns anyway. The Patriots will remain very good on special teams.

Prediction:
Putting it all together I expect the Patriots to be one of the most well rounded, explosive, dangerous teams in the NFL. The offense should be the best in the league, the defense should be vastly improved and elite, and the special teams should remain solid as they usually are under BB. I expect the Patriots to run away with the AFC East, win in the playoffs, and become Superbowl champions. This is one of the better teams I have seen in a while. I would not be shocked if the Patriots dominated in a similar fashion to 2007.
Record: 13-3, Superbowl Champions.

Dolphins W
Chargers W
@Bills L (ya, it sucks...I know)
@Raiders W
Jets W
Cowboys W
BYE WEEK
@Steelers L (ya, this sucks too)
Giants W
@Jets L (this takes the cake though)
Chiefs W
@Eagles W
Colts W
@Redskins W
@Broncos W( F*** IT! We're going to Mile High and doing work!!)
Dolphins W
Bills L (Swept? we have the division wrapped up and they are fighting for WC....or pride)

12-4 and a date in Indy :D

11-5, home PO win, followed by road PO loss.

I've been watching the Patriots since the 1970s.

I have absolutely no rationale for saying this but I feel strongly about it, I feel it in my bones. This particular Patriots team has a tendency to get c+ocky, just like its starting QB. They go into games sometimes feeling like they are going to roll the other team, and then they get punched in the face and don't respond so well.

They took the Cleveland Browns lightly last year.

And here's what I'll believe until my dying day: after slaughtering the Jets 45-3, they went into the playoff game way, way, way overconfident. And that was a significant factor in the loss.

Gone are the Rodney Harrisons, Mike Vrabels and Tedy Bruschis who channeled bulletin board material into a feeling of being insulted, which translated into the Patriots taking on the perpetual underdog role.

This team--as young teams will--tends to get a little full of itself.
I think that Pats will go 12-4 14-2, and it will be exciting watching. But Until they can translate that into Post Season victories in the final anylsis its hollow. I've been watching the Pats for almost 40 years, and for many years it would have been OK to win a lot of games but not go far in the playoffs, not any more. This isn't a young and up in coming team like Atlanta for example, its lead by one of the greatest football coaches that ever lived same with the QB. The reason they play the game is to win the SB, not just a lot of regular season games.

Dolphins W
Chargers W
@Bills W
@Raiders W
Jets W
Cowboys W
BYE WEEK
@Steelers W
Giants W
@Jets L
Chiefs W
@Eagles L
Colts W
@Redskins W
@Broncos L
Dolfins W
Bills W

13-3

They make the playoffs. but like someone said (don't know who) "don't bet against a streak" and the Pats are on a losing streak going back to '07 in the post season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back