Welcome to PatsFans.com

The annual pot hunt in on in Western Maine..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 19, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +807 / 26 / -33

Spoke of this before, but once again the local and state police are on their annual raid in Western Maine.. eradicating the state of reefer madness... to those of you who indulge, don't worry as much as this is a photo op the backwoods folks have so many hidden growths it is just the tip of the iceberg.

No mention of Franklin County, when I lived there every September, despite a terrible economy, new snowmachines and new trucks all of a sudden appeared in driveways.. guess everyone got their income tax returns late.

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=128332&ac=PHnws&pg=1

Outdoor marijuana cultivation is more common in Maine's rural counties than elsewhere. Less population means more available land and fewer people likely to stumble on a crop while out hiking or four-wheeling. Plants typically are started indoors because the growing season is so short, then transplanted in spring and harvested in fall.

In southern Maine, most cultivation is done indoors throughout the year, with elaborate and expensive growing equipment, sometimes in houses bought or...

leased specifically for growing pot.

Tuesday's effort yielded a total of 99 plants from three sites in Androscoggin County. A parallel effort in Oxford County led to 200 pot plants being cut down. With one plant yielding, conservatively, a half-pound, and each pound valued at between $1,000 and $2,000, police say it was a pretty effective haul.

"We've probably only gotten a small percentage of what's grown out there," Desjardins said. "I believe it's probably more pervasive now than it has been. You're not going to eliminate it, but you try to control it with your limited resources."

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 3 / -10

Good Story:
    I lived in Oxford County when I first moved to Maine and your right about the New Sports Stuff
    (ATV's, Snowmobiles, Boats and Campers) it's the first thing they run out and buy after they sell their first crop.

They have a raid like this every year for the News Media and then it's business as usual, the Pot Growers will all be out playing in the woods with their new toys and ice fishing this winter while everybody else is working their a$s off.
    Thousands of attics all over the state will be growing it all year and the Government loves it, all those guys in the Helicopters and the guys on the groung pulling the plants up, they love Illegal Drugs.

Attention Pot Smokers:
    For Sale--Good Stuff
    Visit Your Local Schoolyard.

War On Drugs :singing: