PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The annual bye week- top 5 hated teams thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets. I don't like the Jets. I don't like their fans. I don't like their coach. I didn't like their last coach. I don't like their QB, who I think is going to prove himself to be an idiot the more media exposure he gets. I don't like their owner. I don't like their stadium. I don't like Joe Namath. I don't like.... well you get the idea.

Colts. This isn't rational, since I admire the Franchise's history, but I just can't get into Peyton. I know he's one of the greats, but his whole shtick just does nothing for me. i didn't buy into the Tony Dungy mystique either. Polian is an unctuous weasel, but I don't have any problem with Irsay.

Steelers. This is more of a love/hate thing than anything else. The Rooney's are awesome and the tradition is great, but they are the enemy. They have won more SB's than the Pats and we want to catch and beat them, so I just don't like them. Unlike many out here, I like Bradshaw, but I do have no time for Big Ben. I like Tomlin a lot better than I liked Cowher, who I thought and think was overrated. If you stay around an organization as well managed as the Rooneys' long enough, eventually you're gonna win a Super Bowl...sort of along the lines of if you sit a million monkeys at a million computers for an indefinite period of time, eventually they'll type out the Collected Works of Shakespeare.

Cowboys. Another love/hate thing. Great franchise. Great tradition. I admired Staubach and think Landry was great as well. I just can't get into the whole Jerry Jones mystique, though he is one of the more progressive owners in the league along with Kraft. What he did to Landry and Jimmy Johnson is bad news. The new stadium is way overdone. I can not abide Tony Romo. I want them to lose every time they play. Another team that's been to and won more SB's than we have, so we want to catch them. The good news is that they won't be winning much of anything in the Romo era.

Those four are pretty much constant. The fifth varies season by season. This year, it's the Ravens after their whining after the loss in Foxboro and their ongoing enabling of Ray Lewis. Other candidates in a close race for the coveted fifth slot on my list this year :rolleyes:: the Bengals and the Bills.

Last edited:
1. Jets
For me it goes back to 1966. The Pats entered the last weekend of the season undefeated over the previous six games, and now had winning seasons in four of the past five years. They're playing the lowly Jets who appeared to be destined to finish with their fourth straight five-win season. If the Pats win the play for the AFL championship, who they had battled to a tie in Kansas City a few weeks earlier. So what happens? Pats turn the ball over three times, Matt Snell and Emerson Boozer both run for over 100 yards, and the Pats miss out on a chance to play in what would later be known as Super Bowl I. To rub salt in the wound, it's ten years before the Pats are good again - while two years later, the rookie quarterback for the Jets in that game - Joe Namath - leads his team to what is arguably the biggest upset victory in sports history. If that's not enough thirty years later the Pats finally are on the verge of their first championship - but rather than focusing on the game plan, Bill Parcells is negotiating with the Jets on a contract for the next season. Was he thinking about the Jets roster when he kicked off to Desmond Howard? And then of course, there's everything that has happened this decade as well.

2. Raiders
Jack Tatum. Darryl Stingley. Phanton roughing the passer call in the Ben Dreith game. Raider fans still whining about, and misinterpeting the Tuck Rule.

3. Steelers
Great ownership and front office. Great players like Troy Polamalu. Lost all respect for another great player, Hines Ward, when he implied that the reason Pittsburgh lost the AFCCG was spygate-related. Biggest reason Pittsburgh makes this list though is their fans. There is no group - not even Jets fans - that are more obsessed with the Pats, more delusional about the NFL and the media, and make more excuses for any past losses. Funny thing is this group should be happy and content; they won the Super Bowl last year. Red Sox fans have nothing on these people in the misery department.

4. Ravens
If the whining after the 2007 game wasn't bad enough, the one a few weeks ago was even worse. Reality is that they have nobody to blame but themselves for both losses. Maybe that's the reason for all their complaining - they want to deflect attention away from their own shortcomings. Sadly, it worked.

5. Dolphins
Only because they are the Pats next opponent; otherwise they'd be part of this list:

Dishonorable Mention
Chargers (from what I've read the fans at their stadium are worse than those even in Philly or at the Meadowlands; Mr. Classy; under achieving and missing out on their window of opportunity)
Titans (Jeff Fisher's spygate comments; Titan's cheering the dirty play that put Rodney Harrison on IR)
Colts (Bill 'break his 'fing leg' Polian)
Redskins (Dan Snyder)
Bills ('drunk, fat and stupid is no way to go through life')
Vikings (Brad Childress; Brett Favre)
Lions (inept owner)
Cowboys (selfish owner; arrogant fans)
Browns (Eric Mangini; inept owner)
Eagles (over the top, miserable fans)
Bengals (inept owner)
Giants (New York arrogance)
Rams (Marshall Faulk)
Saints (Jeremy Shockey; what's up with Tom Benson's umbrella?)

1 S-T-E-J Do I have to explain?
2 Steelers They actually think they are good.
3 Ravens See Steelers.
4 Colts Like Steelers but are unfortunately right during regular season.
5 Chargers I hate classy dancers.

I honestly don't get the hating teams outside the conference thing, unless it's the Giants because that's such a fresh loss. I mean the Cowboys? sure they were good in the 90s and they have a huge following, but hating them seems the same as say Cardinals fans hating us. I don't know, just never got that. I have a lot of respect for the Cowboys and their franchise history.

1 colts
2 jets
3 giants

dislike more than hate
4 chargers
5 steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes