Welcome to PatsFans.com

The ANGRY one

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Republican senator Chuck Hagel sounds off on the sorry state of Congress, the president’s lies, and the vote for war that he now regrets.

From GQ interview:
    http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_5326&pageNum=1

he says what I've been saying all along. Congress has already given Bush the go ahead to invade any country he wants.

Q:It’s incredible that you had to ask for that.
    A:It is incredible. That’s what I said to Andy Card. Said it to Powell, said it to Rice. Might have even said it to the president. And finally, begrudgingly, they sent over a resolution for Congress to approve. Well, it was astounding. It said they could go anywhere in the region.

Q:It wasn’t specific to Iraq?
    A:Oh no. It said the whole region! They could go into Greece or anywhere. I mean, is Central Asia in the region? I suppose! Sure as hell it was clear they meant the whole Middle East. It was anything they wanted. It was literally anything. No boundaries. No restrictions.

Q: They expected Congress to let them start a war anywhere they wanted in the Middle East?
    A: Yes. Yes. Wide open. We had to rewrite it. Joe Biden, Dick Lugar, and I stripped the language that the White House had set up, and put our language in it.

Q: But that should also have triggered alarm bells about what they really wanted to do.
    A: Well, it did. I’m not defending our votes; I’m just giving a little history of how this happened. You have to remember the context of when that resolution was passed. This was about a year after September 11. The country was still truly off balance. So the president comes out talking about “weapons of mass destruction” that this “madman dictator” Saddam Hussein has, and “our intelligence shows he’s got it,” and “he’s capable of weaponizing,” and so on.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +395 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

There's a good bit of talk that Hagel may run for President. An actual Republican (unlike Guliani) who's against the war (unlike McCain). He might have the best chance for the Republicans.
  3. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

hmmm. A Republican, with a solid resume, from Nebraska, who alone, goes out on the limb to say what most of the country believes.

Could he be running for President??
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the dissent within the CIA over pre-war "intel" was muzzled... even the farsical yet "official" NIE at the time ommitted several HUGE unflattering assessments made by the IAEA and the State Deparment...

they can go on and on and on and on about how Congress voted for the resolution, but the fact is, Congress did NOT receive the whole story whatsoever about the non-threat that Saddam posed... and when conscience overcame varies circles at the CIA, they were purged...

it's fact, it's treason, and it's impeachable...

it is my firm opinion that Colin Powell owes it to the United States of America to step forward and right a major series of wrongs by telling Congress all about Tricky Dick's great Con job...
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  5. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

you beat me to it by a minute. haha

but think of this ticket.

Chuck Hagel and Colin Powell.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

Colin Powell would be an intrigueing name. I'd have to know what his positions were first.

At any rate, politicians across the land have licked their index finger, stuck in the public wind, and are now all expressing how they never liked the war to begin with. HA! Total frauds. Typical politicans. When it was popular, or when they didn't want to look "yella", they all voted so. Now, the political wind has reversed, and amazingly, so have their political posititions. Utterly comical. When will people learn that these losers in office care nothng about principles, and care only about themselves, and their political party?