Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Angel Gabriel

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFanInVa, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,030 / 15 / -8

The Greek word from which we get "Angel" is actually directly translated as "messenger."

Hm. We bring Doug Gabriel in, thinking to take anybody who will shore up the WR corps... then release him back into the Oakland wild, after an unsuccessful attempt at domestication.

Here's the question:

Did we send him back with a little whisper to Randy and possibly a certain Mr. Davis?

It ain't technically tampering if your employees never talk to the player. And it's never tampering to talk to an owner. It's just very handy to have a go-between.

Sure would make it easier to slap a trade together within a 24 hour period at a later date.

Thoughts?

PFnV

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  2. sieglo

sieglo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0

Gabriel couldn't even handle the playbook, let alone negotiate an NFL contract. :D

3. ATippett56

ATippett56 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +567 / 19 / -26

You're grasping at straws with that one. A complete waste of a fifth round draft pick as was Andre Davis the previous year.

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,030 / 15 / -8

Oh fine. I got to say "Angel Gabriel" though.

5. Patriot Power

Patriot Power On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah I think you're reaching... but I still would like to know the inside story on Doug Gabriel... he was semi-productive, certainly good enough to stay on the field... then he fumbled in that Jets loss and that was the last we saw of him.

6. xTROx

xTROx On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:D :D

7. Ghost of Ben Dreith

Ghost of Ben Dreith Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah....he rode our bench most of the time and then we cut him....I'm sure he had nothing but good things to say about the Pats and was willing to go out of his way to help them...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  8. FrontSeven

FrontSeven Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Gabriel came, blew his horn, and exited to go blow his wad somewhere.

I think they were trying to get Randy along with Gabriel. Too bad they didn't because one might have helped stabilze the other. Well, maybe not. I heard that Doug didn't practice well. I don't think you can last on this team without the Larry Bird work ethic.

9. ALP

ALP Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +107 / 4 / -0

alirt, just so everyone knows, this is what happened with gabriel...

he comes here, after leaving oakland being told he would be a starter....he comes here, isnt happy, b/c he has almost like a man love for Randy...

he keeps saying Moss should be traded and come to ne, but deadline pases and NE does not get Moss, so the guy is depressed, he wants to go back home....

he is a very good wr, but he just doesnt try on the field, and it shows hes not giving full effort, so BB realizes this, and gets rid of him...

then the poor guy, goes back to oakland, and over the summer we get Moss...he wishing now he had done better in NE, but he gave up that chance...sucks for u Gabriel, u should have not gotten too gready...

anyways, that IS what happened

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.