• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well boys and girls it's September and time to make your predictions of what kind of record the Patriots will have this year.

I think that with a healthy TFB the Patriots will finish 13-3 and have the home field advantage that will lead to the SB show down with Brett Faaaarve, or his replacement, and the Min Vikings.

Your prediction will be visible, so it's time to man up and and put it on the line. The poll will be for the regular season record only.

Last edited:
Re: The Almost Offical predict the season record thread

8-0 in the second half

Seattle goes down in the big one.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and say 13-3. I really can't see ( if key players stay healthy) this Pats squad losing more than 4 games on the schedule this season.

13-3 :D

Last edited:

Nice one Patsnut. I picked 16-0 because that's what I want. It's all about the Karma! :yeeha:

I chose 14-2.

I keep hearing how tough this schedule looks, but I really don't see any real challenges.

Can someone enlighten me as to who we're supposedly going to lose to...

I voted for 12-4, just the vibe I get, I hope I'm wrong with regard to the losses...:D

I went 13-3... seems about right. In the heyday, 14-2 was cool. I think that defense was stronger and maybe NE loses 3 games while BB gets the right gel on D set for the playoffs.

The reg. season I think will take care of itself... I dont' see any of the AFCE teams repeating 08. Buffaloa seems destined for lower than .500 and I think the Jets will be lucky to win 6. Miami was 11-5 so I think it's fair to say they'll not reach that many wins in 09.

It's never safe to predict this early, but 13-3 should be attainable.

I'll guess 12-4

I'm going to say 12-4 (though obviously hoping for something better than that.)

I figure the possible losses will come between the following: one of the NFC games played in the US (Saints, Panthers, or Falcons); one AFC East game (Pats rarely sweep the Dolphins); one other AFC game (Ravens, Colts, or Titans); and one upset where the team is just flat and simply doesn't execute and play well that day, that you wouldn't expect them to lose.

I had to go with 7-9, just to counterbalance any negative karma we might put upon ourselves. :D:cool:

I'm feeling 11-5 with a key player or two missing a few games..............I'm usually wrong so let's hope that's the case and they make out better then my prediction.

I'm feeling a 13-3 season, but could be 12-4

I said 14-2, we beat philly again in the sb

I'm going to say 15-1. I don't know which one we will lose. Probably a division game to the Dolphins or the Jets.

i voted 12-4, not because sportswriters and NFL net saying we have a hard schedule, but the time it'll take for the new faces on Defense to get used to the D playbook, apart from that nothin' will stop us. Bring it on 09!!!

I voted 13-3, but my explanation varies from most.

13 wins.

3 devastating, embarrassing, pride-deflating, soul-crushing BLOWOUT wins.

In going with 13-3, as I can see only a few games being lost. If home field is secured, then the last game is one maybe.

But I can see all the 'big' teams losing games this season.
While I think the NFC champion could be a number of teams.

i voted 14-2 as 60% i was for 14-2 and 40% i was for 13-3

the majority wins...

15-1

After beating the Colts on 11/15 we lose a true trap game shocker to the Jets on 11/22.

I don't think they've solved their third-down defense problems. The depth at linebacker is questionable. Their offensive line is overrated.

If Brady goes down, this team might not win 1/3 of their remaining games.

Last season the Patriots learned the value of having a good backup QB. Seems like they forgot that lesson during the off-season. If Brady stays healthy, that doesn't matter, but that's a big if.

14-2. I think this team is stacked with talent. I don't think the secondary will be as bad as it looked against the Skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes