Welcome to PatsFans.com

The AIPAC Case and Prejudice

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Aug 10, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 7 / -9

From Washingtonpost.com. You might have to join to read it.

washingtonpost.com

I have no great love for AIPAC, but it is also clear that "anti-Israeli," "anti-Zionist," etc., can very very quickly become antisemitic.

This is a good read, particularly for those among us who crowed when the case was originally brought.

Thanks

PFnV
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I'm not too familiar with that case, but it's absolutely ludicrous to suggest that AIPAC has disproportionate influence in Washington, even though every single Presidential candidate has to first pledge his/her life to Israel to have any chance of getting elected.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

I think that is slowly changing The Left Wing Liberal is now starting to Support Palestine and The Whole nation Of Islam even a murdering little savage like the President Of Iran recieved a Standing Ovation from the Left Wing Screwballs at Columbia Univ.

Our new "Poster Boy" President could care less for Israel in fact I would consider Barack Hussein Obama an enemy of Israel, The Show Biz Liberals are in a tizzy right now they always have been die hard supporters of Israel but their new "Prince Obama" and all their Left Wing Heros are dumping Israel for "ALLAH" now the Show Biz Folks don't know if they shoud Sh!t or go Blind, the Rock and The Hard Place.
  4. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +564 / 7 / -9

And that's it. Predictable.

We all know it's a forum full of axe-grinders, right and left. But the notion that such a striking entrapment operation, directed by our government against its Jewish citizens, primarily for the sin of their assumed "dual loyalties" -- theoretically to be proven by telling the targets American lives are at risk -- might raise a peep from the civil libertarians, at the very least.

Instead we hear how the horrible AIPAC is picking our presidents from one guy, and how horrible the Islamic world is from another guy.

But hey at least you guys bothered to respond.

By the way - Israelis and Palestinians are not somehow different from you and I. When both populaces perceive peace preferable enough that warmongers are ostracized, they will have peace. Thank God we here in America do not have to reach such a high bar.

But I digress. This article is about an overzealous entrapment operation based on ethnicity/religion of the accused, which is assumed to create divided loyalties a priori.

And it gets a grand total of two responses.

Wow.

PFnV
  5. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That is crazy! Even if they thought a sting was necessary, it makes zero sense to set it up in a way that the targets would be guilty whether acting for nefarious OR patriotic reasons!!! Imagine the firestorm had these people been working for a muslim lobby.

edit: also you can give us folks a little time to read/digest, sometimes I don't get to a thread for days/weeks!
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  6. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +564 / 7 / -9

Sorry Stokes, hissy fit. What can I say. I have been duly chastised w/a 1-star rating :singing::singing::singing: