PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The agitated Post-Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Bill is thinking about bringing in Incognito

I hate to say it, but that might be their best option.

But in general, I'm just laughing because I actually bought into the crap everyone was spewing, about how sick this defense was going to be. Revis and company will jam the receivers while the Patriots send pressure and get after the QB! No, same old crap. Can't pressure, can't cover RBs out of the backfield, can't stop the run, can't really do anything well.

Way too much for my poor, weak brain to figure out and a lot of smart posts that have said a lot smarter things than I could ever say, so I won't try.

All I'll add is:
1) It's just one game.
2) Time to take a deep breath.
3) Anyone who thought this was a 14--2 team was smoking something or delusional or both.
4) I had them 11--5, which assumed two Division losses and three others, so, they're still on my schedule and I'm not panicking.
5) The only thing that has me a little more concerned than maybe I should be is the amount of time the Franchise spent on his butt. That's really not a good thing and the stats suggest that, sooner or later, he might not be able to get up under his own power if he's getting hit that often.
6) Other than that, it's time for that deep breath.
7) I still have them at 11--5, winning the Division and in a position to make noise in the Playoffs.

anyone else notice that it looked (to me) that Revis was a step behind. There were a couple of situations where he got lucky and bad throw/catch/penalty but I just felt like he was going through the motions. He's known to be on top of things at all times so maybe it was his hamstring but it just seemed like he was in the right place but a step slow to react IMO. It could have been that I was seeing so much bad that my opinion was tainted though... I just felt like that wasn't an "all world" effort out there.

I am not saying Brady was perfect but people thatare saying Brady is old and done let me ask you this: What QB could have done better yesterday with that offensive line protecting him and that and group of receivers?

I am not saying Brady was perfect but people thatare saying Brady is old and done let me ask you this: What QB could have done better yesterday with that offensive line protecting him and that and group of receivers?
Why attempt to pass the ball 60 times (including sacks) when you have a half time lead?

The Vikings have the best D in football, they are at home and will be looking to destroy us.

Have we played Cassell before? Does it matter since Peterson is going to rush for 200 and they will sack Brady 5 times?

I am not blaming Brady but he is what he is and his success is directly related to the success of the Oline but any QB that can scramble so....Luck, Wilson, Kapernick, Newton and maybe a few others.

The Vikings have the best D in football, they are at home and will be looking to destroy us.

Have we played Cassell before? Does it matter since Peterson is going to rush for 200 and they will sack Brady 5 times?

viking have the best D? we're in trouble then
peterson is going to destroy us.

Why attempt to pass the ball 60 times (including sacks) when you have a half time lead?

Why did they pass 60 times? Not sure, ask Josh Mcdaniels? No confidence in their running game maybe? They like having the ball in the best players hands?

The pats didn't have the lead for long. First possession in the 3rd Phins get a FG. 20-13. Pats get the ball, 4 play later Brady fumbles and Miami recovers. Another four plays later Miami scores and just like that it is 20-20. At the point (like all the patriots team in the past) they go pass happy which has been their gameplan for what seems like forever.

Maybe not the best plan but does not change the fact that any QB would have struggled yesterday. Broncos may not win the superbowl and are flawed but at least Elway understand Manning only has a few years left and makes that team better. Reives was a great signing but Brady's main receivers are Edelman (third option on most teams) and Thompkins and Dopson (If the pats cut both these guys would any team even sign them). it is absurd that at age 37 this is who Bray has to throw to.

I am not blaming Brady but he is what he is and his success is directly related to the success of the Oline but any QB that can scramble so....Luck, Wilson, Kapernick, Newton and maybe a few others.

Maybe a little better but they would be running for their lives all game which leads to inaccurate passes to subpar receivers.

Like you said, Brady is what he is. IF BB cannot surround him with a good O-line or decent receivers maybe it's time to move on to Brady and put in a QB that can run. I guess I just don't understanding why the Broncos can give Manning a good O-line and receivers yet BB just refuses to chage the patriots way.

viking have the best D? we're in trouble then
peterson is going to destroy us.

Vikes I believe are the only team to not allow a TD, just two FGs.

Since we are all focusing on one game we might as well call it what it is right? They dominated and we sucked, we both played non playoff teams with weak QBs.

AP is IMO the best RB in the game, and we suck against the run, so if Brady doesn't get on page with his receivers and Gronk is still on training wheels they can dominate the clock and do the same thing only with a better QB and RB by miles.

Maybe a little better but they would be running for their lives all game which leads to inaccurate passes to subpar receivers.

Like you said, Brady is what he is. IF BB cannot surround him with a good O-line or decent receivers maybe it's time to move on to Brady and put in a QB that can run. I guess I just don't understanding why the Broncos can give Manning a good O-line and receivers yet BB just refuses to chage the patriots way.

So, does Manning run? I'll take our team over theirs, it's the first game of the season. Only in fantasy football are the accoutrements of the passing game so magnified. I'm hoping our defense, with the addition of Revis and Browner to our stacked secondary, and a developin Easley will gel as the offense does.

How did that great Broncos defense look against the Seahawks? How are Michael Vick and Jonnie FBall revolutionizing the game? Have a little patience with the most successful program of the modern NFL, K?

You are fn killing me right? The number 1 defense after week 1? 2013 they were 31st and a disaster. Opponents averaged 397 yards a game passing.Your about as doom and gloom as they get.

Vikes I believe are the only team to not allow a TD, just two FGs.

Since we are all focusing on one game we might as well call it what it is right? They dominated and we sucked, we both played non playoff teams with weak QBs.

AP is IMO the best RB in the game, and we suck against the run, so if Brady doesn't get on page with his receivers and Gronk is still on training wheels they can dominate the clock and do the same thing only with a better QB and RB by miles.

well, if we go 0-2 then we have the raiders at home.:):)

I disagree with this part. I already said it on another post but I didn't see Brady overthrowing Edelman on the pass you are talking about but the QB and the WR not being on the same page about the exact read on that route.

Brady expected Edelman to continue running and wanted to hit him in stride and Edelman thought that he would lead him to the outside. Look at the reaction Brady had immediately after the throw. To me this is not frustration about an overthrow but him being disappointed because Edelman did something else than he expected (see http://gfycat.com/AgedWigglyChuckwalla).

The throws that seemed like they were going to nobody were to a big extend again plays where people were not on the same page.

When you look at the plays where the OL protection held up and the receivers were on the same page you saw him throwing lasers as well as nice deep balls (see Edelman catch in the first half).

I want to stress again that I don't want to absolve Brady from all the blame but I just hate the continuing narrative about his bad deep ball/arm strength. At the very least based on yesterdays game this is simply not true.

This excuse gets old. We've seen Brady airmail these long balls plenty of times before. And you're assuming that it was Edelman at fault.

They looked slow. You can't fix that.

They looked slow in the second half of a game in miami with 80+ humidty and a 'feels like' temperature of 98 and an on field 'feel like' temperature of (probably) 110+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes