PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The agitated Post-Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Our offense line was a disaster today, and no its not just because we didnt have mankins, Brady had people in his face from all over the field all game

Our defensive line can't stop the run to save its life

What the hell happened to our special teams? we had issues all preseason and the very first punt of the season gets blocked.

Wait, are the patriots not allowed to tackle anymore? all i see are guys karate chopping the dolphins, WRAP someone THE FUNK up. holy christ.

Chandler jones might be one of the highest yardage dolphins today, he had i want to say 3 personal fouls for 15 yards each

Why is someone not named revis covering wallace?

Brady I know you want to get super excited when you throw a td, but how about you stop ****ing punching people in the helmet? your hands are kind of important.

Brady had some accuracy issues early on, but after smacking gronks helmet i don't think he completed more then 2 passes in a row, tons of ducks, lots in the ground, just fell apart, and i wouldn't be surprised to hear he hurt himself.

Stop forcing it to a double covered gronk

Where is amendola? Where is Dobson?

If Riddley cant be a between the tackles runner then he needs to go, I seriously cant stand any more of these end around runs for a 1 yard loss, the only time he has a good run is when there are penalties involved.

Jesus Riddley is a laibility blocking, He whiffed so bad on wake it nearly got brady killed.

Huge wasted opportunity against a hurt dolphins team that gave up three early turn overs.

Incredibly frustrating game

Probably should cancel the preorder on those superbowl tickets, because the team that played today is not a superbowl caliber team.

Moreano manhandled the patriots.

I agree, it's Riddddddddddley's fault for everything. Him and that bearded guy who holds a clipboard. I think his name is Patricia or something.

I agree, it's Riddddddddddley's fault for everything. Him and that bearded guy who holds a clipboard. I think his name is Patricia or something.

I don't think a single team game plans for Riddley.

Riddddddddddddddddddddddley was also to blame for the defense, don't forget that

There is a lot of anger going towards the defense in my post. No tackling, horrible penalties, not having our best guy on their best guy

Bill B. did not upgrade their OL, and with Dante gone, this OL will get Brady killed.

Dolphins game shows how weak they are. Pass and Running support.

So today was bad. Really bad. Very little positive to say, but I think a lot of the problems are fixable. It's not like we haven't seen worse from them in the early parts of the season, only to have them come back with a 12+ win season. So sky is not falling yet...

What's wrong with Vollmer? Wake is flat out great, but Vollmer doesn't look like he's healthy the way he moves.

It starts up front and both lines were dominated today. Piss poor performance all the way around. They are going to have to fix their run defense this week because Peterson is up next.

Anyone with dvr, 6:20 in the third, Chandler Jones gets punched in the head. Was a third and two the fins converted eventually leading to a td. O, he also gets wrapped around the neck with the follow through. So much for the new emphasis.

I'm sure I'll get crushed for this but Brady is making me nervous.

Ridley couldn't do anything, which made the Pats one dimensional which is a lot easier on the defense. So, no, he didn't help.

The oline played well in pass protection in the first half. The second half was pathetic.

Very bad game. Let's see if they fix it for next game. Very bad game, but we've seen bad games before.

I seriously hope that was a one off thing but i have been a Pats fan for a long time and have never seen an O-Line that bad in my time.

Brady needs Dobson next week and the trenches need help. If we can fix those 2 issues we will be fine.

Lafell was awful. Pass interference, offside on a kick off, couple drops. Looked pretty awful today. I hope he rides the pine in favor of dobson next week.

Last edited:
For me the defensive formation was the biggest problem for us. It really doesn't fit our top players. Putting Easley on the egde, putting Chandler Jones in the middle where he gets double teamed. Huge holes to run in. I just don't see why we would use this scheme with our current personel, and that's what I've said since we first saw it. It just eliminates our best players and put them in far less than ideal positions.

We have some really awesome defensive players. But these scheme really doesn't use them in the right way. It uses them to do what their worst at.

What do you guys think about the scheme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye