PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Aftermath of this For Mangini....

Status
Not open for further replies.
====================================
blown out in Giants stadium, sucks to lose, sucks more to get blown out, sucks even more that we lose Chad posibly due to cheating by the Pats.

I thought you guys were happy about, based on the cheering that I heard from all parts of the stadium by Jets fans (?) when I was there watching it.......

NEW YORK -- A story in Wednesday's New York Daily News claims that Jets coach Eric Mangini, a former New England assistant under Bill Belichick, came armed with keen knowledge of the team's surveillance methods -- and finally decided to act.

"[The Jets] knew they did it," the Daily News wrote, citing a person with knowledge of the situation, who sent the newspaper an e-mail. "They caught the guy a year ago, but couldn't do anything about it. When Eric came, he said that's what they used to do. Bill is going to be [ticked] at Eric. He kissed and told."

Sunday's game was the fifth time Mangini has coached against Belichick since joining the Jets.

-- ESPN.com news services

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3015478

I thought you guys were happy about, based on the cheering that I heard from all parts of the stadium by Jets fans (?) when I was there watching it.......
====================================

Realy I thought that was you making all that racket, :)

I saw the game on tv, was bumed that Chad got hurt, saw Chad limping to the bech, heard scatter applause that I assumed was for Chad and his toughness, The camera showed Chad bouncing his helmet and strugling to the bench, I was kinda in emotional turmoil, feeling bad for My QB. Then I heard a cheer go up and the camera cut away to Kellen coming on to the field.

I thought nothing at the time of the cheers, only an instant of optomism and said under my breath (I was alone) alright Kellen lets show them what Oregonians are made of. I was eager to see our young QB in action.

Then the clowns on TV said the Fans were cheering cause Chad was hurt, not me, I was cheering for Kellen, Just like I cheered for Chad when Vinny went down and Chad came in for the first time.

I won't speak for all Jets fans, but this is how it went down in my garrage.

The Aftermath of this For Mangini ....

BB should run up the score on the Jets every chance that he has. I am sure that this has been suggested previously.

No mercy.

Has anybody in the NY media had the balls to ask Mangini on how this reflects on the credentials that got him his current job? If the Patriots were cheating the whole time he was here, than what did he really do that warranted the job offer?

Mentor and Protoge

Who is the good guy and who is the bad guy?

Attachments

• mentorandprotege.jpg
    mentorandprotege.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 106
What a punk 'GINA is!

I hope this affects his coaching future in the NFL.

He ratted us out and is now a F%^&- ing TOAD!

Actually I think BB and Manga are more alike than they are different. One of BB's many mantras is to leave NO stone unturned when it comes to preparation. Manga knew BB was breaking a league rule and turned him in. Would BB have done the same thing if he thought it would benefit his FB team?...You bet. Are we pissed at Manga you bet. So now we all hold our collective noses and take our medicine.

Can anyone wait for the rematch at Gillette????

Last edited:
PFT finally addresses this obvious question :

"MANGINI: HERO OR HEEL?

Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports that the Patriots' efforts to videotape defensive signals was brought to light by former New England defensive coordinator Eric Mangini, who shared the information in 2006 with members of the Jets' organization.

"When Eric came, he said that's what they used to do," a source told Cimini. "Bill [Belichick] is going to be [ticked] at Eric. He kissed and told."

It would be easy to proclaim that Mangini did the right thing, ignoring the good-old-boys' network and bringing to light Belichick's dirty little secret.

But it would naive to do so, too.

Mangini didn't blow the whistle when he first learned of the situation, while Mangini was working for the Patriots. Instead, he took advantage of the competitive advantage, and parlayed it into a head-coaching job of his own.

And then Mangini blew the whistle in a manner that will eventually create for him a competitive advantage, since it will result in the imposition of some sort of a sanction on the Patriots.

But should Mangini be allowed to have it both ways? And did he bother to consider whether bringing this situation to light might indirectly call into question his own credentials to be a head coach?

Meanwhile, there's talk in league circles that Mangini will find it very hard to win the trust of anyone in the NFL moving forward. Even though Belichick has no cause to gripe about getting caught under circumstances where he knew that the opposing head coach knew what Belichick was doing, the truth is that anyone who chooses to confide in Mangini now or in the future will do so at his own peril.

Keep that in mind, Mike Tannenbaum, if/when you ever consider doing something like, say, contacting the agent for a player who is under contract with another team."

I'm not gonna say the guy is wrong for pointing out that a rule was being broken. He perceives it as putting his team at a disadvantage, so he acts on it. But that PFT post is exactly what I've been saying about the way in which he complained about this. He got a head coaching job because the Patriots won a lot of games. If the Pats have been cheating, than what did he, Charlie Weis, or Romeo Crennel really have in terms of credentials? Are people going to argue that the top coordinators on each side of the ball didn't know this was happening?

I'm not gonna say the guy is wrong for pointing out that a rule was being broken. He perceives it as putting his team at a disadvantage, so he acts on it. But that PFT post is exactly what I've been saying about the way in which he complained about this. He got a head coaching job because the Patriots won a lot of games. If the Pats have been cheating, than what did he, Charlie Weis, or Romeo Crennel really have in terms of credentials? Are people going to argue that the top coordinators on each side of the ball didn't know this was happening?

Let's put it this way - BB and Mangini were involved in the "organized crime" of videotaping signals (seeing as stealing signals is not cheating) and then Mangini parlays that into a Cappo position of head coach.

Then Mangini rats out his former Dom to the authorities.

Hmmm - I wonder what Tony Soprano would think of the "Mangenius" now? ...they're not too fond of Rats from what I've heard.

Tony Soprano would take Mangini out on the Atlantic and introduce him to "*****" Palmentieri.

You don't disrespect the Bill.

That's funny, but I'm not entirely fond of the "rat" angle. If somebody knows something is going on that they're not participating in or benefiting from, they have a right to point out that a rule is being broken. Would you rather have had this story emerge prior to an AFC title game?

But that's the problem here... Mangini did benefit from the Patriots winning. If the Jets lose some of their luster (as much luster as you think 10-6 deserves) from playing a tougher schedule this year, when do you start questioning how good he really is at what he is doing?

Whoever is responsible for this should take whatever punishment Goodell imposes. But we're approaching a slippery slope here if these tactics are as common as many former and current players say they are. What is the NFL going to do if it turns out that Colts have done something like this, albeit in a less brazen and probably more intelligent manner, and it's them an the Pats in the conference championship? Is anyone outside of those respective fan bases going to want to watch the second biggest game of the season if they're both cheaters?

Maybe the best thing for the NFL is for the Patriots to start to suck hard and not make the playoffs. I find that unlikely though.

That's funny, but I'm not entirely fond of the "rat" angle. If somebody knows something is going on that they're not participating in or benefiting from, they have a right to point out that a rule is being broken. Would you rather have had this story emerge prior to an AFC title game?

But that's the problem here... Mangini did benefit from the Patriots winning. If the Jets lose some of their luster (as much luster as you think 10-6 deserves) from playing a tougher schedule this year, when do you start questioning how good he really is at what he is doing?

Whoever is responsible for this should take whatever punishment Goodell imposes. But we're approaching a slippery slope here if these tactics are as common as many former and current players say they are. What is the NFL going to do if it turns out that Colts have done something like this, albeit in a less brazen and probably more intelligent manner, and it's them an the Pats in the conference championship? Is anyone outside of those respective fan bases going to want to watch the second biggest game of the season if they're both cheaters?

Maybe the best thing for the NFL is for the Patriots to start to suck hard and not make the playoffs. I find that unlikely though.

The fact that Mangini's a rat doesn't minimize the rule violation of the Patriots - but given his appearance on the Sopranos it does make for an ironic comparison.

Presumably Mangini was party to the same activities when DC here - hence his knowledge of what goes on - so one can safely say he's as guilty as BB... the only difference is he flipped to give himeself a short term advantage.

As PFT points out he might have hurt himself longterm and no one will trust him anymore.

I'm still not sensing a high degree of outrage among the NFL coaching ranks - given the fact that stealing defensive calls is accepted and legal, the distinction of using a camera doesn't seem to be striking his compatriots as all that over the top.. with the exception of course of Mangini, who didn't feel the need to report himself to the NFL when he was with the Patriots.

Snitches

Nobody likes a snitch.

But it should also be noted that sometimes it takes courage to do the right thing.

Going against the status quo because it is the right thing is not always and easy thing.

Mangini as far as I know did nothing wrong, in fact he simply did his job. IE look out for your team, do not allow others an unfair advantage.

I do not see how Mangini alerting the NFL about rule violations in his house (Giants stadium, lol) is in any way wrong. He did what he felt is best for his organization.

What EM did was courageous, knowing this would not put this in a good light with most.

I don't think what he did was courageous at all. He deliberately set up BB to embarrass him as publically as possible, doing as much damage as he could to BB and the Pats. If he really wanted to change what the Pats were doing to prevent them from taking unfair advantage, how about giving him a call and telling him you're not going to take that recording the signals crap any more and if he tries to do it on your turf, you are going to notify the NFL? Short term glory for EM, probably more long term damage to his rep, at least inside the league, than to BB's

PFT finally addresses this obvious question :

"MANGINI: HERO OR HEEL?

You opened Pandora's box Mr. Mangini and now you will have to live with the consequences. Belichick may get punished but I'm willing to bet that he's still standing long after Mangini is gone............and the heightened scrutiny on the Jets now will not be tolerated well. welcome to the kleig lights and as they say about Caesar's wife, you'd better be above reproach because all eyes are on the Jets searching for violations and hypocrisy.

Seriously, if you were a HC and were considering hiring Mangina once he's fired in NY - would you want to hire a guy who has proven he'll start blabbing about anything to save his ass ? He's a moron. All he had to do was shrug and change his defensive signals for the next game (like he almost certainly did for the game in which he b!tch slapped us last year).

I don't think what he did was courageous at all. He deliberately set up BB to embarrass him as publically as possible, doing as much damage as he could to BB and the Pats. If he really wanted to change what the Pats were doing to prevent them from taking unfair advantage, how about giving him a call and telling him you're not going to take that recording the signals crap any more and if he tries to do it on your turf, you are going to notify the NFL? Short term glory for EM, probably more long term damage to his rep, at least inside the league, than to BB's

===================================

First denial then anger.

How do we know that EM did not warn BB, what if he did warn BB, still wouldn.t have made a diference.

I think we will find that Mangini has plenty of support around the league.

Maybe BB has made a few enimies around the league himself.

There seems to me that there is a lot of misplaced anger towards the Jets in this thread.

What would you have Bellichick do if the shoe was on the other foot and the Jets came to the razor and pulled the same stunt.

Seems obvious to me.

Nope....you may not have heard....Miami did basically the same thing against us last year.....they BOUGHT a tape of Brady's audibles.....(should have been a bigger punishment really) BB and Kraft basically did nothing about it......class act compared to that bloated pu##y Man-gina....

Mangini made the biggest blunder of his young life by sharing details with the media. The media has taken this out of context and blown it up into something ridiculous. Mangini has falsely tarnished the accomplishments of all the people who made him what he is: Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, BB, Robert Kraft. it was an act of pure spite, for no reason. This sign stealing issue is a common practice in the NFL, and nothing to get worked up over. He decided to make an issue out of it, in his immaturity not realizing the unintended consequences of his little 'clever" gambit. By the time this is over he will have hurt many former friends and helped himself not at all. Really, Mangini is a snake, and Jet fans will come to see that soon enough. BTW, did it ever occur to Jet fans that Mangini is not particularly intelligent himself? That all the advantages over other coaches he has shown thus far are really the consequence of tactics, techniques and procedures taught to him by BB? You will see this soon enough. Really, I can't tell you what an immense blunder he has made, one that will effect him professionally for the rest of his life. He broke the only code that matters among coaches, because he was the sorest of losers. This was the act of a man too young to be a head coach, just as BB cautioned him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back