PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Aftermath of this For Mangini....

Status
Not open for further replies.
=====================================

I will give you Kendal, but Bradway was on his way out the door anyway, wether Mangini got the job or Mike Tice did, Bradway would of been demoted anyway

That isn't neccessarily true. It was announced that Bradway would get one more year to prove himself. There were plenty of rumors at the time that Tannebaum and Mangini staged a coupe to oust Bradway. Bradway was probably given his full salary evnethough demoted to shut up.

I don't doubt that Bradway would have been out the door the following year, but when was the last time a GM was demoted in the NFL. It never happens. Either you stay as the GM or you are fired. I bet Mangini and Tannebaum orchestrated it.

Gosh how could BB be so disrespectful of poor widdle Eric????

======================================

I never said BB was disrespectful, I was replying to as when the "feud/bad blood began.

I never said BB was disrespectful, I was replying to as when the "feud/bad blood began.

Well from what I understand it is standard operating procedure, once a coach has been chosen for another team, not to let him back into the facility (don't need any sticky fingers on their way out), this was only made a big deal cause BB did it. As you can see in that statement, when MAngina left BB wished him well, in a polite and respectful manner, then of course Fat Boy decided to tamper with Branch and the rest, as they say, is history.

There seems to me that there is a lot of misplaced anger towards the Jets in this thread.

What would you have Bellichick do if the shoe was on the other foot and the Jets came to the razor and pulled the same stunt.

Seems obvious to me.

If you they took it and the score was tied I would be ashamed if we lost to the Jet's 38-14. 0 competitive advantage son. You can't account for 31 points. Your team is horrible and your coach is a rat.

====================================

My archives show that BB had Mangini locked out of his office, for visiting with the Jets, before he had even annouced he was taking the job, I think this started on the airplane after the AFCCG.

locked out once he got the job. The airplane think is a rumor. But read the official statement which Bill released.
http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=15159&pcid=47

read at the bottom

After the Jets formally announced the hiring of Eric Mangini as their new head coach, Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick offered the following comments:

"For over a decade, I had the pleasure of working with Eric Mangini, who is an outstanding coach and an even finer individual. I will always appreciate Eric's contributions. I value our friendship and look forward to supporting Eric's commitment to youth football in the future. Eric worked his way from the most entry-level position to a position of great responsibility during several successful seasons. The opportunity Eric has now earned is truly an example of good things happening to a good, hard-working person and I wish him well."

That isn't neccessarily true. It was announced that Bradway would get one more year to prove himself. There were plenty of rumors at the time that Tannebaum and Mangini staged a coupe to oust Bradway. Bradway was probably given his full salary evnethough demoted to shut up.

I don't doubt that Bradway would have been out the door the following year, but when was the last time a GM was demoted in the NFL. It never happens. Either you stay as the GM or you are fired. I bet Mangini and Tannebaum orchestrated it.

====================================

Nah, thats not the way it was, I disagree.

When a new coach comes to town, 50% of the time there is a new GM of his choosing. This is common.

If there was a coup as you suggest, Bradway would of been gone altogether, What could there be that Bradway would have to keep quiet about?

Belichick is clearly wrong here and he cheated and he will be punished. Mangini is a weasel and has avoided public scrutiny so far for it.
Well said, and if the suspicions about Mangini are true, his day will come if he continues this practice. Unfortunately, the Pats exposed themselves big time, and if the allegations of rule breaking are true, there is no excuse other than to step up and take the punishment.

No one is certain as to how much of a role Belichick has in defining the responsibility of the video personnel. That being said, I hope sincerely that the team does not terminate anyone for this act if it is found to be true. In other words, show some support for their employees by changing the policy and process instead of fingering and firing a scapegoat.

So other then Mangini being a weasel we agree.

Does anyone remember if BB brought any body with him from the Jets, after his one day as head coach?

Only the same people Parcells brought with him from NE in '97.:rolleyes: With the exception of Curtis Martin of course.

You really only started watching football last year didn't you?

For all you folks that think Mangina will skate through clean, just keep a few things in mind.

Everyone KNEW BB was doing this in the League offices. EVERYONE, Goodell, the Competition Com., the other coaches, etc..... In fact, I almost think this is a Competition Com. condoned action in order to drive their agenda to have Def. mikes installed. Keep that in mind.........

I believe that they wanted to deal with this situation, but deal with it quietly. I think that for the most part, the other coaches in the league "hey, go ahead, give us proof and we'll deal with it" (just as they did with other team transgressions in the past). In the scheme of things, this transgression is a violation of league policy, it's not "cheating" issue persay. For sure, they did not want a MEDIA CIRCUS. Because the media has other agenda's (like stirring controversy to sell themselves). Getting it public and into the media goofiness is the LAST thing this league needed.

The comish is coming of the single worst PR offseason in quite some time with Packman, Vick, Rodney, blaa, blaa blaa. He finally gets to breath a somewhat sigh of releif now that the season started. Come monday, other then the Everett situation, openning day went peachy.

Now, comes Mangina, who went PUBLIC WITH THE INCIDENT FIRST (lets not forget where we learned of this story first). Because of the huge Jets/Patriots rivalry, the story went mercural instantly. This causes easily a league PR nightmare on PAR with with the Vick saga (because it speaks to the integrity of the league on a orginizational level). Now GOODELL will be forced to deal very harshly with an orginization (and owner) that is a dynasty and (in general) been a positive story for the NFL over the last 6-7 years or so.

GOODELL has to be absolutly pissed that this story exploded as it did. He'll be pissed mostly at BB and will deal with the (BB and the PATS) harshly. But for sure, he would have rather dealt with this a little more quietly. This whole thing thing is an embarrassment......... for BB personally, for the team... but also for the LEAGUE.

Don't think that Goodell is pleased as punch at Mangina for his handling of this. He's not and guess what.......... it's not good to have the commish pissed at you. There's really nothing can do about it. But guess what. Manina's name will cross his desk at some point. Other league owners can be happy about this cuz it means a season of accusations and other potential ugly aspects of this Billion dollar industry.

Never mind that when he fails in NY (He's ain't that great a coach), do you think other coaches or organizations are gonna open their arms, knowing how he values football relationships?

Last edited:
locked out once he got the job. The airplane think is a rumor. But read the official statement which Bill released.
http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=15159&pcid=47

read at the bottom
=======================================

That was very nice of BB to say that about EM, BB always has nice things to say about the Jets.
And I am sure he is always 100% sincere when he says these nice things.

Hey I am not down on BB, don't take my comments wrong,

All I am saying is that there seems to be misplaced anger towards Mangini and the Jets over the Pats being caught.

Just my oppinion.

Like I said earlier, as unpopular as this opinion sounds, I put a lot of the blame on Belly. He could have prevented this stupid rivalry if he would have shown some type of professionalism and respect when Mangina left the team. It was pretty hypocritical of Belly, since he did the exact same thing to get to our team, years earlier. If Bill would have acted like a proud father instead of a grumpy old man when Mangina got the offer to coach the Jest, Mangina might have kept his mouth shut about this trade secret.

BILL HAD NOTHING BUT PRAISE FOR MANGINI WHEN ERIC TOOK THE JOB. There were articles written about it. It was only later, after the Branch thing and some stuff that occurred in the days following his signing on as HC of the nyj that Belichick got mad.

Please don't spew B.S. when there's already so much flying around.

Only the same people Parcells brought with him from NE in '97.:rolleyes: With the exception of Curtis Martin of course.

You really only started watching football last year didn't you?

So BB pilfering the Jets staff is good and when Mangini trys to do the same thing its very bad.

OK. that makes sense in a Patriot sort of way.

Put the shoe on the other foot. If the Pats caught a Jets employee filming signals from the sideline, would the Pats be to blame for exposing this act?

But the assumption that a lot of people are making is that there is an unspoken code of conduct among coaches whereby this sort of gamesmanship is not exposed. If this assumption is true, and I am inclined from the scuttlebutt I have heard to think it is, then it follows that the patriots would never expose another team in a similar situation.

So BB pilfering the Jets staff is good and when Mangini trys to do the same thing its very bad.

No one's arguing that. But there is protocol, and once the decision has been made for EM to move on, he doesn't get to troll around Gillette anymore. That's common practice. You people are delusional thinking this is some harsh practice only the Patriots engage in.

So other then Mangini being a weasel we agree.

Does anyone remember if BB brought any body with him from the Jets, after his one day as head coach?

Not that I remembered. Weis was on his way out the door for the jets anyway because Parcells stripped him of his play calling ability and Weis testified against Parcells at the hearing of the grievance between the Pats and Jets. Scarnnechia was already here. Crennel went to the Browns for a year before coming here. Mangini followed Belichick. Pioli was already with the Patriots. Brad Seely came from the Panthers. Jeff Davidson was already here. Rob Ryan was at Oklahoma State. Pepper Johnson's and Brian Daboll's first jobs were with the Pats in 2000. Mike Woicik was with the Cowboys. DeWayne Walker was with USC.

There seems to me that there is a lot of misplaced anger towards the Jets in this thread.

What would you have Bellichick do if the shoe was on the other foot and the Jets came to the razor and pulled the same stunt.

Seems obvious to me.

I would say who cares because it's quite obvious that teams do this sort of thing. If the Pats are doing it to the Jets, then the Jets are most likely doing it to the Pats.

After all the coaches and players are coming out and saying this type of thing goes on all the time you don't think your HC (who learned his trade under Belichick) is doing the same kind thing?

Try beating us on the field where it matters instead of the newspapers and league office bub.

Not that I remembered. Weis was on his way out the door for the jets anyway because Parcells stripped him of his play calling ability and Weis testified against Parcells at the hearing of the grievance between the Pats and Jets. Scarnnechia was already here. Crennel went to the Browns for a year before coming here. Mangini followed Belichick. Pioli was already with the Patriots. Brad Seely came from the Panthers. Jeff Davidson was already here. Rob Ryan was at Oklahoma State. Pepper Johnson's and Brian Daboll's first jobs were with the Pats in 2000. Mike Woicik was with the Cowboys. DeWayne Walker was with USC.

Don't F up their theories with FACTS!!!

The only people that Belichick took was Weis who probably would have been fired anyway and Mangini who followed Belichick his entire career. I doubt Parcells and Groh wanted a guy who was at the time believed to be a Belichick disciple. All of the other coaches came from elsewhere or were already with the Pats.

Don't F up their theories with FACTS!!!

Sorry about that. Facts tend to get in the way of the best message board debates don't they.

Pioli was already with the Patriots...

No he wasn't. He was among the Jets front office staff when Belichick came back here as HC. I also remember that one of the Jets prominent scouts, Lionel Vital, came here just weeks after Pioli did.

Brad Seely came from the Panthers.

Seely was on Carroll's 1999 Pats staff. Before that, yes, he was with Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes