PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Aftermath of this For Mangini....

Status
Not open for further replies.
====================================

You have a good point, but I am not convinced yet.

You seem to still be in denial and are blaming the messenger so to speak.
We are calling the messenger a hypocrit. We are saying that everyone does this, that the Pats took measures when the Jets tried the same thing, that the Jets are not innocent victims, but the kid in the back seat of the car who cries, "Mommy, Billy touched me."

Like I said earlier, as unpopular as this opinion sounds, I put a lot of the blame on Belly. He could have prevented this stupid rivalry if he would have shown some type of professionalism and respect when Mangina left the team. It was pretty hypocritical of Belly, since he did the exact same thing to get to our team, years earlier. If Bill would have acted like a proud father instead of a grumpy old man when Mangina got the offer to coach the Jest, Mangina might have kept his mouth shut about this trade secret.

You couldn't be more wrong, MoFo. BB taught Mangini everything, all his tactics, techniques and procedures to gain an advantage. BB knew that if Mangini took the NYJ job, the sheer competitiveness of the division would drive Mangini to use those tactics against the Patriots, expose them out of spite to the rest of the league, and make poor competitive judgments like he made this week, launching a sting operation to unnecessarily humiliate his mentor and hurt the Patriot organization that had fostered him. This is exactly what has happened. When Mangini took the Jet job, he spit in BB's face. He said, "my own ambition overrides everything you have taught and done for me." Mangini is the real snake. He could have waited a season and taken any other job in the NFL, including Dallas, San Diego, the Giants, the Browns, etc., elite franchises. Instead he stabbed his father in the back.

Last edited:
We are calling the messenger a hypocrit. We are saying that everyone does this, that the Pats took measures when the Jets tried the same thing, that the Jets are not innocent victims, but the kid in the back seat of the car who cries, "Mommy, Billy touched me."

===================================

Nobody, including me likes a snitch.

I hope the league makes it clear what actually is happening here, not sweep the details under the rug.

I agree that it is poor form to rat on your former mentor, at least with out a very good reason.

I find this thread humorous. The issue isn't Mangini or the Jets. The issue is that the Pats put themselves in a position to be accused of this rule violation. If they hadn't done that, we'd be talking about the Chargers. Get beyond the question about how the Jets will fare, as it's irrelevant.

Put the shoe on the other foot. If the Pats caught a Jets employee filming signals from the sideline, would the Pats be to blame for exposing this act?

Last edited:
You couldn't be more wrong, MoFo. BB taught Mangini everything, all his tactics, techniques and procedures to gain an advantage. BB knew that if Mangini took the NYJ job, the sheer competitiveness of the division would drive Mangini to use those tactics against the Patriots, expose them out of spite to the rest of the league, and make poor competitive judgments like he made this week, launching a sting operation to unnecessarily humiliate his mentor and hurt the Patriot organization that had fostered him. This is exactly what has happened. When Mangini took the Jet job, he spit in BB's face. He said, "my own ambition overrides everything you have taught and done for me." Mangini is the real snake. He could have waited a season and taken any other job in the NFL, including Dallas, San Diego, the Giants, the Browns, etc., elite franchises. Instead he stabbed his father in the back.

This is so spot on it ain't funny. The guy takes our discarded players, does everything he can to emulate BB. (all that press about the boxing motivation, where the heck did he get that idea from? But does he give BB credit? No way.) He is a total snake.

Mangini is an ungrateful punk. Bottom line. He owes his NFL career to Belichick for giving him a job and he consistently backstabs the guy. Screw him. If I was Belichick I would run up the score every chance I get on this punk and not shake his hand. Enough is enough with this punk.

Like I said earlier, as unpopular as this opinion sounds, I put a lot of the blame on Belly. He could have prevented this stupid rivalry if he would have shown some type of professionalism and respect when Mangina left the team. It was pretty hypocritical of Belly, since he did the exact same thing to get to our team, years earlier. If Bill would have acted like a proud father instead of a grumpy old man when Mangina got the offer to coach the Jest, Mangina might have kept his mouth shut about this trade secret.

actually i think you are wrong. Go back and search the archives- When mangini left BB had nothing but praise for him and wished him the best. all this soured during the branch deal.
Sure BB shouldve been careful and all but mangini has made it more personal than jets vs pats ..just my opinion. Because BB's reputation, his players -not to mention his kids will be effected by this.

I find this thread humorous. The issue isn't Mangini or the Jets. The issue is that the Pats put themselves in a position to be accused of this rule violation. If they hadn't done that, we'd be talking about the Chargers. Get beyond the question about how the Jets will fare, as it's irrelevant.

Put the shoe on the other foot. If the Pats caught a Jets employee filming signals from the sideline, would the Pats be to blame for exposing this act?

=================================

My answer is no.

Does anybody know what the rule is if you (as a coach or organization) find out that there is a security problem? What is the proper procedure? Are you allowed to go to the press with the story? I have worked at places where we have to sign a statement that we will not talk to the press unless we are asked to do so.

I know that football is driven by exposure, but this seems a little different.

If the Pats had caught the Jets (which they probably already have) we would have barely heard a grumble, similar to last season when Brady and BB dismissed the significance of Miami stealing signals. There is an understanding in the league that sign-stealing is just "football." It was the Tannebaum and Mangini, possibly prompted by the crew on the competition committee- and likely with the blessing of Mangini's new and assumed mentor, Parcells- who wanted for various reasons to humilate the Patriots franchise and coach. BTW, what is relevant and irrelevant is far reaching beyond the limited issue you wish to frame. The context of sign stealing, both with the Jets and other teams, is relevant to this discussion. The motives of the Jets in creating and stoking an unnecessary media furor are relevant. The motives behind well known rule benders like Polian and Fisher to possibly set up a sting on the Pats are relevant. The exaggerated media uproar and the bizarre reaction of so-called fans, unwilling to even wait for judgment, is relevant. All these issues are relevant in this rush to smear the Patriot Dynasty with a broad brush. The fat man wielding that brush is wearing green and white and waddles like a penguin.

actually i think you are wrong. Go back and search the archives- When mangini left BB had nothing but praise for him and wished him the best. all this soured during the branch deal.
Sure BB shouldve been careful and all but mangini has made it more personal than jets vs pats ..just my opinion. Because BB's reputation, his players -not to mention his kids will be effected by this.

My archives show that BB had Mangini locked out of his office, for visiting with the Jets, before he had even annouced he was taking the job, I think this started on the airplane after the AFCCG.

We surely know BB takes a huge hit in reputaionand stature, but waht about Mangini? He ratted out BB, and was doing this to other coaches all last year. How will he fair, being seen as a rat, a tattle tale and all?

He also is seen as exposing this to the media, as opposed to keeping it quiet and letting the league investigate it. I dont see how Mangini ahs a bright future.

I'm sure all the other NFL coaches who were doing this are just thrilled with Mangini for, in essence, blowing the whistle on them, too. I'd still rather cheat than be a rat.

I'm not excusing what Belichick did, but Mangini is coming off as the innocent victim in this. Mangini has already a sizable history of being a weasle in his year and one game as the HC of the NYJ. Ask Pete Kendall and Terry Bradway off the record what they think of Mangini. Mangini was very underhanded in dealing both those people.

I would have no problem with Mangini if he caught the Pats doing this, but he has spent a year ratting him out to other teams to try to get him caught when other teams are doing similiar things that the Pats did. Mangini made a year-long concerted effort to do anything to get the guy who gave him a career in deep hot water with the league.

Just like he orchestrated a coupe in the Jets' front office to get his guy in place. Just like he decided trading away Pete Kendall was enough and making every effort to humiliate him as he was going out the door.

Belichick is clearly wrong here and he cheated and he will be punished. Mangini is a weasel and has avoided public scrutiny so far for it.

Mangini is an ungrateful punk. Bottom line. He owes his NFL career to Belichick for giving him a job and he consistently backstabs the guy. Screw him. If I was Belichick I would run up the score every chance I get on this punk and not shake his hand. Enough is enough with this punk.

He already does. You dont think challenging a TD call up 31-14 with 2 mins to go and eventually letting his defensive players take the field for an offensive TD is running it up? I'm glad he did and hope he does it everytime he plays Manjudas and his little pathetic green men.

As I stated on another post, it will be interesting to see how his

former players greet him. Nobody loves a snitch.

Particularly because it's obvious Mangini was doing whatever the Pats were doing on Sunday when he was with N.E. He's laughably two-faced if he suggests otherwise.

My archives show that BB had Mangini locked out of his office, for visiting with the Jets, before he had even annouced he was taking the job, I think this started on the airplane after the AFCCG.

Yes, after Belichick found out that Mangini was recruiting staff and players on the plane flight home from the AFCCG, Belichick locked him out of the Patriots' organization. Mangini was a weasel even before he gave his notice.

I'm not excusing what Belichick did, but Mangini is coming off as the innocent victim in this. Mangini has already a sizable history of being a weasle in his year and one game as the HC of the NYJ. Ask Pete Kendall and Terry Bradway off the record what they think of Mangini. Mangini was very underhanded in dealing both those people.

I would have no problem with Mangini if he caught the Pats doing this, but he has spent a year ratting him out to other teams to try to get him caught when other teams are doing similiar things that the Pats did. Mangini made a year-long concerted effort to do anything to get the guy who gave him a career in deep hot water with the league.

Just like he orchestrated a coupe in the Jets' front office to get his guy in place. Just like he decided trading away Pete Kendall was enough and making every effort to humiliate him as he was going out the door.

Belichick is clearly wrong here and he cheated and he will be punished. Mangini is a weasel and has avoided public scrutiny so far for it.

=====================================

I will give you Kendal, but Bradway was on his way out the door anyway, wether Mangini got the job or Mike Tice did, Bradway would of been demoted anyway

Your archives don't go back far enough, doofus.

After the Jets formally announced the hiring of Eric Mangini as their new head coach, Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick offered the following comments:

"For over a decade, I had the pleasure of working with Eric Mangini, who is an outstanding coach and an even finer individual. I will always appreciate Eric's contributions. I value our friendship and look forward to supporting Eric's commitment to youth football in the future. Eric worked his way from the most entry-level position to a position of great responsibility during several successful seasons. The opportunity Eric has now earned is truly an example of good things happening to a good, hard-working person and I wish him well."

Gosh how could BB be so disrespectful of poor widdle Eric????

Yes, after Belichick found out that Mangini was recruiting staff and players on the plane flight home from the AFCCG, Belichick locked him out of the Patriots' organization. Mangini was a weasel even before he gave his notice.

======================================

So other then Mangini being a weasel we agree.

Does anyone remember if BB brought any body with him from the Jets, after his one day as head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back