2 Colts 13-3
3 Chargers 11-5
4 Steelers 10-6
5 Jaguars 11-5
6 Titans 10-6

This means that the wildcard matchups are:

3 Chargers v 6 Titans

5 Jaguars v 4 Steelers

So assuming that the Chargers beat the Titans, which I think is likely the divisional playoffs will be:

2 Colts v 3 Chargers

1 Patriots v Jaguars or Steelers

I like the Pats matchups vs the Jags or Steelers.
Then the Colts and Chargers can bloody themselves to see who advances to the AFCCG. Whoever is left the Patriots will mop up. After that it's Super Bowl time!

In the unlikely case that the Titans upset the Chargers, then the Patriots will play the Titans and the Colts will play the survivor of the Jags/Steelers matchup.

Last edited:
The Colts/Chargers matchup could be physical if SD gets pressure on Manning, but don't underestimate the physical toll of playing Jax or Pitt in NE.

1 Patriots 16-0
2 Colts 13-3
3 Chargers 11-5
4 Steelers 10-6
5 Jaguars 11-5
6 Titans 10-6

This means that the wildcard matchups are:

3 Chargers v 6 Titans

5 Jaguars v 4 Steelers

So assuming that the Chargers beat the Titans, which I think is likely the divisional playoffs will be:

2 Colts v 3 Chargers

1 Patriots v Jaguars or Steelers

I like the Pats matchups vs the Jags or Steelers.
Then the Colts and Chargers can bloody themselves to see who advances to the AFCCG. Whoever is left the Patriots will mop up. After that it's Super Bowl time!

In the unlikely case that the Titans upset the Chargers, then the Patriots will play the Titans and the Colts will play the survivor of the Jags/Steelers matchup.

actually I was thinking this last night and the Chargers beat Tenessee in Tenessee by 5 this year. I think the Titans can beat 'em though, I wouldn't be surprised.

As for the Jags/Steelers, that is a toss up. The Jags already beat 'em and they are on a role. I would prefer to have the Jags win this one and run the ball all day on Indy, as you say beat them down...

actually I was thinking this last night and the Chargers beat Tenessee in Tenessee by 5 this year. I think the Titans can beat 'em though, I wouldn't be surprised.

As for the Jags/Steelers, that is a toss up. The Jags already beat 'em and they are on a role. I would prefer to have the Jags win this one and run the ball all day on Indy, as you say beat them down...

I think Tomlinson matches up favorably vs Indy D. The main reason they are having success against the run is Bob Sanders, and Tomlinson is a physical enough RB to run over and/or around him.

If the Jaguars can beat the Steelers they also match up well against Indy because of that physical run game. However they have failed to beat Indy TWO times this season. All they can hope to do is try to wear down that Indy D with the run game. Garrard is more of a mistake free QB rather than a playmaker in the air. And the Jags receivers don't match up to the Colts receivers.

Imagine if the Chargers lose in their 1st playoff game AGAIN? The acrimony would be huge in SD. Why the hell fire Schotzy and hire a brand new coaching staff if your team still goes 1 and done in the playoffs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye