Welcome to PatsFans.com

The ACORN haters heads are going to explode on this one...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 17, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Where are the ACORN haters who rail about what might happen by using entrapment videos???... here is the case of a girl who was raped while working for Haliburton, then locked in a shipping container so she could not inform the proper authorities... fast forward to 2009 she has her day in court, and it is found out she signed a document that does not allow her to do this... so the newest Senator in congress submits an amendment to the defense appropriations billl and it passes... 30 REPUBLICANS VOTED AGAINST IT betcha those 30 republicans voted against ACORN concerning things that might happen or based on entrapment videos????... the duplicity and hypocrisy is never more obvious than it is right now...

Former Halliburton Employee Jamie Leigh Jones Testifies Before Senate on Rape Case - ABC News

Franken amendment to protect victims of sexual assault passes Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

We heard a lot about this friggin Haliburton while Bush was around are they still operating in Iraq, if so, why doesn't Teleprompter Barry get rid of them.

It seems to me that NOTHING has changed, there is no change we can believe in, in fact I would say "things are getting worse" thats what I would say.

Dear President Jug Ears,
    Please stop the wars, please close Gitmo, please dump Haliburton, please start the Change We Can Believe In, please send your illegal alien Aunt Zucchini Home, and for God Sake please show us a Real Birth Certificate.
    Yours Truly
    Harry (Neo Con)
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

You do realize that any attempt at intelligent discourse stops here, aren't you?

Do you dislike and disrespect rationality or do you just fear it, Harry?
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

This has zero to do with ACORN. Get a grip, man.
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ignoring the fact that I have no idea how you tie these two events together, you should be aware that there is no shortage of duplicity and hypocrisy on either side of the aisle.
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Sometimes subtlety is lost on those without imagination.. consider the shytstorm from the right over the entrapment videos of ACORN, and how it led to an immediate response to stop their funding...

Go back to the actions of congress, and the silence, after this woman was raped by Goverment contractors working for Haliburton... there was no response by Congress, except for the junior senator from Minnesota...

Do you conprehend that this woman was raped, and then put into a storage container so she could not say anything... that is a pretty terrifying and horrific event, that got glossed over by the party of family values... that party even voted against this amendment...

If you cannot see the duplicity and hypocrisy, you are not paying attention..
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Darryl, you're trying to defend a group that even most democrats don't like or trust. Acorn isn't a mainstream democratic group.

Being a democrat myself, I don't care what it took to catch them STEALING MONEY...they were caught red-handed. Do you really want to defend a group of theives or a group that has theives working with money?

Right now, I'd say most democrats don't support Acorn.

P.S. Do not try to bring race into this discussion. It's irrelevant and I just want to pre-emptively warn you since you've been known to pull that card.
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

I am not defending anyone, just showing the rabid response over things that might happen, as opposed to the silence when this does happen.

ACORN got something like 54 Million since 1994... I dare anyone to find out how much Xe, Haliburton and Wackenhut got in the same period...

It is less about Dems and Republicans, but more about how we as a nation respond to the "evil" ACORN, but ignore the criminality of the military industrial complex... when this happened and other events in Iraq, there was never a discussion to terminate their funding...
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Have you been feeling constipated this past week, or do you just always act like an ******* looking for a fight instead of an intelligent discussion?
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

I agree Darryl and you're right. Although, personally given the choice of prosecuting either Acorn or Halliburton, I'd take Halliburton hands down. I see companies like Halliburton as treasonous. Stealing money intended for a war is a lot worse than embezzling at home because it puts US soldier's lives in jeopardy.
  11. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Did I miss a trial somewhere?:confused:
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

This story connected with ACORN?

It's a good issue but why tie it with ACORN?

What happened to Jamie Jones is horrific and for the record the case is going forward without Franken's bill. Franken is using Jamie Jones to bypass the arbitration system which is being lobbied heavily in DC. The trial lawyers want that system gone.

Republicans favor the arbitration system because money not spent on lawyers helps keep jobs and the company afloat. Arbitration protects employee rights and the system works. Also ... doing away with arbitration encourages more lawsuits as companies weigh the benfits of fighting the case (high cost) with making a payment to people who may or may not have legitimate claims.

As with all contracts, laws, legal situations ... whatever you want to call them someone always falls through the cracks ... in this case Jamie Jones. But, like I said her legal case was moving forward without Franken. Was his intention noble or payback for political donations ... well ... we'll have to see who helped get him elected for the rest of the story.

I'm surprised you posted this in the current form Darryl. In our forum you're one of the most diligent in getting the story behind the story. Oh well, it is a good story and perhaps the arbitration sysytem needs some tweaks or some side channels for when lawsuits apply.

Perhaps the arbitration system is too corporate friendly ... but hopefully that system is repaired rather than scrapped. Our country needs serious legal reform to help keep companies in business and to keep healthcare costs down. Someone will always fall through the cracks ... but let's repair things that are 1/2 right rather than changing entire systems all the time.
  13. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Well, there is no reason both can be prosecuted at the same time which makes this entire Hali-ACORN comparison thread rediculous.
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

That convinces me that you are in the mood for one, without regard your comments regarding basic body functions reminds me of a poster who shall not be named.... so have to believe that the actions of Haliburton is OK... must be that fog of war thing, oh wait a minute
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The same trial we missed for ACORN...but they have been indicted, tried and sentenced... interesting parallel..:confused::confused:
  16. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

No court has tried and sentenced ACORN yet, they simply had thier funding cut off. It was decided that no criminal charges would be filed in the alleged Halliburton "rape" case , probably due to the inconsistency in Jamie Leigh Jone's story.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

How about the murders by Blackwater in Iraq?? How about the allegation of murder by Erik Prince, the head of Xe?? How about the overcharge of fuel in Iraq by Haliburtion?? How about the faulty housing they built for troops that resulted in electrocutions of soldiers??There have been a shytload of allegations against Haliburton in Iraq, but they continue to get billions... No outrage there though, they did not even need entrapment videos... they just do it in the open, no one cares...

How about the Wackenhut folks, DBA armorgroup in the Afghanistan Embassy... they had sex intitiation rites, did their contract get pulled.. no just a warning.. Wackenhut has a ton to loose as they are the largest private prison contractor in the US...

No one defended ACORN and their actions, but seems to be a lot of defense of Haliburton and Xe... the hypocrisy is obvious, and the silence on the right is deafening... it is ok to defraud the government , commit sex acts in an embassy, steal, kill and deliver a substandard product to our troops....
  18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

I've complained much about gov't agencies of late, so now I'll compliment a couple of them. First is our armed forces. By far, the best there is. I'd never want to see a privatized army...no way in hell.

Second is our prison system which has just begun to be run by private companies. I say stop it right now....keep our prison system in the public sector. We lack enough transparency with our gov't, but if it went private, we'd never know ANYTHING that goes on in prisons.
  19. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

All these allegations justify questionable testimony of rape how? I don’t hold Halliburton to being infallible of making mistakes. They do a very tough job under a very tough situation. Rape is a very serious charge against someone on both a personal and emotional level. Has the left come to such a bias in this country that they will ignore conflicting testimony from the accuser because the ends justifies the means?
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Suggest you do some further reading on this case from another source than the right wing rags... this is a very serious case, if you have sisters or a wife put them in her shoes... it never ceases to amaze me at the situational ethics of the right, all the while our defense contractors get away with murder and you all feel good about it and get all wrapped up in juris prudence, and nonsense about it may not have happened or her testimony was confusing... what a bunch of hypocrial fools. You worry more about things that might happen, rather than allegations of serious criminal activity.... the usual consequence for this is serious prison time..

You give Haliburton the benefit of the doubt, because they have a tough job to do.... give me a f..ing break, talk about an enabler... it is ok to commit a crime, you have a tough job to do:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: