Welcome to PatsFans.com

The abyss awaits

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 1, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +792 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

This is the web site: From The Wilderness: Information on Peak Oil, Sustainablility, and the events surrounding 9/11
    This is the link: FTW ECONOMIC ALERT #4: THE ABYSS AWAITS

This is one of PressCoverages authors ... Michael C. Ruppert of "Crossing the Rubicon" fame.

There's lots to read on the main site and on the abyss link. I'll just quote 1 paragraph and hopefully PC will chime in as he seems well read on Mr. Ruppert. Anyone else well read on Mr. ruppert by all means chime in also. ;)

FTW posted 4 alerts ... the last #4 is this one abyss.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

we've been warned....

this is a must read.

My 'HOLY $H!T' portion of this was:

===================================================================
    Bush addressed Negroponte saying: “I hereby assign to you the function of the President under section 13(b)(3)(A) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.”

A trip to the statute books showed that the amended version of the 1934 act states that “with respect to matters concerning the national security of the United States, “the President or the head of an Executive Branch agency may exempt companies from certain legal obligations.” These obligations include keeping accurate “books, records, and accounts” and maintaining a system of internal accounting controls sufficient “to ensure the propriety of financial transactions and the preparation of financial statements in compliance with “generally accepted accounting principles.”
    ===================================================================

Oh my LORD!!!!
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +792 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

PressCoverage will now achieve uber elite prognosticator status.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +792 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

Hopefully he is only 1/2 right ... :scared:
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Reminds me somewhat of a more hysterical Madsen.. guess this debunks the CRA crap is the responsible action eh???
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +792 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

A more hysterical Madsen ... how about Michael Savage?
    Listen to that guy for even 1 evening and you'll have a lead bomb shelter, enough food and water for a year, an arsenal of weapons and all the rest. These guys serve a purpose but to take everything they say as fact is unrealistic. If the world is blowing up I'd rather be under the bomb and just get it over with.
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The funniest thing about Savage...is he lives in San Francisco.
  9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +792 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

That explains everything ... :rofl:
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

I was talking to my boss today and asked if he would mind if I spoke openly...so I asked him if he thougt it would be a good idea for us to update our resumes. He seemed shocked as said our company is performing incredibly. Of course he's right...at least for now.

I just can't help but feel something really bad is on the horizon. Am I scared? Yes I am. Not so much for myself as I'm single. but for my elderly parents and my brothers and sister along with my niece & nephews.

This really isn't something to joke about. Maybe I'm over reacting. But reading that ITW stuff just hit me hard. I can't imagine living in a world of chaos.
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

What is even funnier is he grew up in Brooklyn as Michael Weiner.. do not have much faith in anyone who tries to hide their name and ethnicity on the airwaves..
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so then what are you saying?

because now i'm not sure if you're praising the man and his work, or comparing him to goofy Michael Savage?
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

anyhow...

it is interesting that this thread was created, though i'm not sure the motive behind it...

yes, Michael Ruppert has resurfaced, finally ... after a near fatal illness...

Michael Ruppert is former LAPD narcotics division... decorated... recruited by the CIA... he is also a brilliant man, a patriot, and an honest, law-abiding American who is uncorruptable... and ultimately concerned with nothing but the preservation of human life... he is also the bravest man on earth... bribed, shot at, vandalized... (and that was just BEFORE he quit the force)...

silenced for 2 years, some of it on his deathbed... (no one will confirm poison, but whatever sickness he contracted and survived, it nearly cost him his life... but that's another debate altogether)...

this is the first interview i've found of him since his return to the U.S. ... its rough, and the interviewer was poor IMO... but incredible stuff, especially part II...

Part I
    Part II
    Part III

"until you change the way money works, you change nothing"...

he appears to be a man no longer bothering with the now-fairly undeniable case against the Bush League and Bilderburg types, but resigned to America's fate... that Peak Oil is real, that there's nothing else close that can transfer us over any time soon, before massive disruption of our very way of life occurs...

early in his recovery in 2006, somewhere abroad in a hospital, he offered THIS legal notice through his lawyer... during a time in which his Web site had been sabotaged and stagnant, it was the only trace of him until a few months ago...

but whatever spook was thrown into him at the time, he said he was done with advocacy and would not return to public speaking...

I want to repeat something I have been saying in private emails over the last month. Personally, I am through forever with investigative journalism and public lecturing. I am leaving public life. It is my hope that by continuing to repeat this sincere position that many of the inexplicable difficulties which have dominated my life over the past months will ease.

"It is time to move on. I spent twenty-seven years as a dedicated public activist and that is something which I am no longer able or inclined to do. The price was ultimately too great
    .​

thankfully, he did not hold to that vow...
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

and, here's the lead to his latest blog:

The Republicans are throwing the election to the Democrats like it was a flaming bobcat on meth. I shudder to contemplate what might be left of the economy by January. I repeat that this is all good. It is leaving functioning infrastructure intact. But the speed with this is unravelling has made me worry about the possibility of civil unrest before the election. I do not think it likely, but it is remotely possible. Civil unrest before the election -- if serious enough --might give Bush the pretext to go CoG. CoG means continuity of government and the suspension of virtually every right we thought we had. Simple mathematics argues against this likelihood however. There are nowhere near enough troops inside the country to impose martial law. The military is stretched beyond belief and the combat veterans are worn out from multiple deployments and Stop Gap. The soldiers and Marines are not in a good mood. They want to go home to take care of their families. Martial law won't fly; not with 270 million firearms in private hands. Hell, probably two thirds of all law enforcement personnel in the country have just seen their pensions cut in half or worse.​
  15. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

How do you think I feel, I'm related to him by marriage!!!!!!!!